• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Would have never noticed the picture in Franklin's room if it wasn't for first person mode. I'm gonna be spending way too much time looking at tiny detailed shit.

So happy about the massive amount of new songs, so I don't have to hear ADHD all the time.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Its funny that we have the same console shit again as last year. Pictures of these shitty PS4 DVDs instead of some high res fresh new good pc version for once. Nope console shit for the win for another 2 months!

The hell are you talking about?

Also, there is some weird LOD effect going on that appears to be around the character in a bubble, makes shadow popping really prevalent.

Donos

Club Mate isn't Hipster anymore.

It wasn't ever. But some people thought it was.

In Berlin, it's still very much an hot item with people ("hipster" is really used inflationary these days).
It's still hot shit to mix booze in it in Clubs for some xtra € (mostly vodka).

Drank one bottle and wondered what the fuss is about. Never drank one again.

Back to topic: are the reports true that the driving physics got changed? Or is this the usual placebo effect?

leng jai

The first thing I love about this game is that you can finally select stereo speaker output in the audio settings. Audio was fucked in the last gen version.

Also IQ in the prologue looks crisp to me. Maybe PS4 is not using FXAA.
edit: Scratch that, it is quite obvious in the outside areas.

Does that actually change much? The audio still sounds shit in this one anyway.

Atlas157

Its funny that we have the same console shit again as last year. Pictures of these shitty PS4 DVDs instead of some high res fresh new good pc version for once. Nope console shit for the win for another 2 months!

Account suicide posts are always the best.

Dabanton

As a long term GTAV player on last gen this game is such an amazing overhaul.

Just been driving around in the online mode and getting out at some of my fave spots through the game and the level of polish is just ridiculous especially in a game this size.

Some of the more subtle details like the slight fog on the roads up in the hills at night, are a nice touch.

First person driving is amazing especially at high speeds. Also I actually felt my stomach go when I went off a ramp and flying into the air.

bobot

Neo Member
Fp mode is a tad hanky but dayum if I don't find myself stating at the smallest details for ages.

Also. WTF with rear vision mirrors

Kanyon

Got this today on PS4, outside of the long install time I've been enjoying it again. Graphics are crisp, gameplay is solid as always, new music is refreshing and the first-person view is delectable.

Now to actually try and finish this game, instead of abandoning it like I did last-gen.

Dabanton

I'd say to anyone having trouble with controls to go to control options a quite frankly silly amount of them. I went for standard FPS movement.

So DS4 light color changes according to character. For Franklin its green and Mike its blue. For Trevor it should be red I guess.
The phone sounds come via DS4 speaker, very cool feature. Also, the DS4 lights flash red and blue like police lights when you are being chased by police.
Replaying the story mode again, so good yet again. Also, First Person bike riding is fun.

Macaco84

regarding judder
i just realised the ps4 was downloading a big minecraft update and installing it.
its finished now and the judder is gone
hmm..
before judging the game in the first 20 minutes, check it isnt updating destiny or another title (or the gtav patch!) .

ps: at night the city looks amazing especially if you are just cruising..

Is this happening with anyone else?

I am seeing so many conflicting opinions of the frame rate. Some say its really smooth and others say its rough. Could it b the installation of the patch or other updates is causing different experiences for people?

Motion controls for Planes is great also I like in the settings you can turn up the speaker for the controller not just through the OS, but you can up it a little more in game.

RockStar gave the DS4 some love, Using it to it's fullest.

Thanks RockStar, the immersion is 10 times better by way of the DS4.

ekim

Yeah it's unbearable. My eyes are bleeding every time I start the game on Xbox One... how can people have fun with rock solid 30FPS at 1080p puzzles me. UltraHD and 60FPS or bust...

/sarcasm.

RyudBoy

Most of the new songs added (that I've heard so far) haven't wowed me. The one that blew my mind when I heard it was Bone Thugs 'N Harmony - 1st of the Month. Didn't know that was in, so I was genuinely surprised to hear it.

red731

Professional photographers + Snapmatic @GTAForums

Scroll down until you see post from stobe187 and newer posts.

Some pics from stobe. Hope you don't mind sharing your stuff here man, pretty damn awesome pics!

gtav_ps4_009.jpg

gtav_ps4_020.jpg

gtav_ps4_012.jpg

More at the link.

Ivan

I just got the digital version for ps4, and it downloaded one smaller file around 600 MB and update file which is 1.7 GB if I remember.

Should I start installation right away or wait for complete download of 44 GB to find is.

As I can see, it would allow me to start instalation, but what will it install, I wonder...

In GTA Online how do you equip gloves ?

It says clothes are not compatible.... what type of clothes you need to wear to be able to equip them ?

Most of the new songs added (that I've heard so far) haven't wowed me. The one that blew my mind when I heard it was Bone Thugs 'N Harmony - 1st of the Month. Didn't know that was in, so I was genuinely surprised to hear it.
Wow I'll be happy to hear that song at some point. Good addition.

slash3584

To be honest I wish I didn't spoil the new tracks by readind the leaked lists.

Switching to Los Santos Rock Radio and hearing
Fortunate Son
for the first time would have been a terrific moment.

Top Bottom