• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

So guys,anyone with a retail copy,how long is the install time?I read plenty of posts still not clear .Off to the shop now.

took me an episode of walking dead to download the 1.1GB patch and install 100% - it was completed by the time i finished walking dead, so less than 40 minutes for me

you can start the campaign before 100% though :)

Since everyone's sharing:

n22Ens96dk29H0XSmxqtaA_0_0.jpg

4QUeYDQJ8kaRPlH0T2jzeQ_0_0.jpg

r8DxuWsn_kWxDpmEDypFGQ_0_0.jpg

EfIAPQwPVEK4e4RudEDtzg_0_0.jpg

zjS8AfXjQ0m0ggVO5fOwjA_0_0.jpg

My favorite. I managed to crash a plane into a bridge in first person, and instead of exploding, the plane hit the shallow watter and I got out. After that, myself and two other GAFers killed many police.

F1LpO6UsDEGheOXg5OVOYw_0_0.jpg

Wish I could grab the 1080p versions. Can't wait for PC.

Awesome mate

DOWN

Banned
People keep saying 'input lag' like it's a mistake in FPM, but it's just camera acceleration. Which I prefer. No acceleration makes it look like a PC mouse moving the camera which is a shitty looking video game giveaway to anyone watching. I always like a dampener on jerkiness of the camera, like Killzone 2 did. In combination with a controller analog stick, it's the only way to get those sort of steady-cam movements that make the game look way more fluid and pre-rendered.

MMaRsu

Posting for the new page, how do i get the welcome back bonus and my preorder money?

I had my good friend Schennmu login to the last gen version under my r* social account.

I cant see the hatchet in the store is why Im asking.

Siegmeyer

Well I've buckled and bought this this morning despite saying I would hold off for a price drop, although it seems it was destined to be.

I went out this morning to get a haircut. I pull up outside and realise I have no cash. Closest cashpoint is Sainsbury's, so I'm there in a couple of minutes. 'Hmm, I'll just see how much GTA V is. Not buying it though, just price checking'. (Who was I kidding, I'd caved the second I walked in the door).

Strangely they were zero copies on the shelves, nor any label indicating where they should be. 'Ah, well, probably for the best' I thought and went back to the car. Just about to leave but I forgot to get tobacco so I head back in. As I get to the counter what can I see below the tobacco but 2 green and 2 blue stacks - Far Cry 4 and GTA V on PS4 and X1.

As I agonise over how much I've spent on gaming in the past couple of months, I see my tatty Nectar card (Sainsbury's loyalty card) peeking at me from my wallet. I've had this thing over ten years and never even bothered checking it's worth before. I ask the cashier to check for me and I have 62 pounds (Seriously? That's it? wtf?), but can only use 45 of it in this transaction. '45 you say?' And GTA is 43?'. Meh, resolve is overrated.

So I'm now sat looking at the installation screen (70%). I'll get my haircut tomorrow.

People keep saying 'input lag' like it's a mistake in FPM, but it's just camera acceleration. Which I prefer. No acceleration makes it look like a PC mouse moving the camera which is a shitty looking video game giveaway to anyone watching. I always like a dampener on jerkiness of the camera, like Killzone 2 did. In combination with a controller analog stick, it's the only way to get those sort of steady-cam movements that make the game look way more fluid and pre-rendered.

I agree, it feels great to me for 30 fps.

Also people thinking that the "camera reset" will be fixed in FPM... I don't think so. It's inherent to the engine and makes sense IMO.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Why you always upload in 60 fps even when the game runs at 30?
I want to see how the game actually performs on the PS4, a genuine representation, at least give the option to download in 30.

Actually the only way to have a genuine representation of how the game looks is by capturing and encoding it at 60 fps, due to potential frame timing issues.
A game can output 30 frames per second, but do it in a bad way. For example, here is a game outputing a perfect 30 fps:
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9
Every frame is duplicated.
In that case if I encode it to 30 fps, you get:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Perfect, nothing is lost, and your pc/ps4/whatever will duplicate each frame again, so you get exactly the same thing as what your console outputted in the first place.
Now let's take a game with bad frame timing:
1 1 2 2 2 3 4 4 5 5 5 6 7 8 8 8 9 9
You still get the same number of frames, but sometimes one will be show for 50ms, one for 16 ms. Lots of judder, very annoying.
If I encode at 30 fps, I have 2 ways of converting, either I use a dumb "drop every second frame" filter, which will output this:
1 2 2 4 5 5 7 8 9
Which means when you play back the file, some frames will be displayed for 66 ms, and others will simply vanish. Making the game look even worse than it is.
Or I can use a smart filter that will look for the frame with the most changes from the previous frame. In that case I will get this:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Perfect output again. Great, but not at all a true representation of what the game will actually look like.
So 60 fps is the only solution. I could reencode a 30 fps version automatically, but it simply would not give a good representation of the game unless it's perfectly locked at 30...

forms

So, between this, Dragon Age and Far Cry I am actually going to double dip and get GTA V. What the hell, I didn't even LIKE GTA Online.

I ...just...can't...resist.

Posting for the new page, how do i get the welcome back bonus and my preorder money?

I had my good friend Schennmu login to the last gen version under my r* social account.

I cant see the hatchet in the store is why Im asking.

Sup bro. Did you complete the car chase with Lamar? After that the game should give you the "welcome back" message. I don't have the hatchet yet either, guess it unlocks later.

Preorder money... Enter the code that came with the game. For digital, no idea.

Well I've buckled and bought this this morning despite saying I would hold off for a price drop, although it seems it was destined to be.

I went out this morning to get a haircut. I pull up outside and realise I have no cash. Closest cashpoint is Sainsbury's, so I'm there in a couple of minutes. 'Hmm, I'll just see how much GTA V is. Not buying it though, just price checking'. (Who was I kidding, I'd caved the second I walked in the door).

Strangely they were zero copies on the shelves, nor any label indicating where they should be. 'Ah, well, probably for the best' I thought and went back to the car. Just about to leave but I forgot to get tobacco so I head back in. As I get to the counter what can I see below the tobacco but 2 green and 2 blue stacks - Far Cry 4 and GTA V on PS4 and X1.

As I agonise over how much I've spent on gaming in the past couple of months, I see my tatty Nectar card (Sainsbury's loyalty card) peeking at me from my wallet. I've had this thing over ten years and never even bothered checking it's worth before. I ask the cashier to check for me and I have 62 pounds (Seriously? That's it? wtf?), but can only use 45 of it in this transaction. '45 you say?' And GTA is 43?'. Meh, resolve is overrated.

So I'm now sat looking at the installation screen (70%). I'll get my haircut tomorrow.

Lol good story man, I like it :)

Blastoise

Banned
The remaster is wonderful. I can't wait to play through the campaign again, also I'm really enjoying GTA online more than on last gen.

Everything is amazing in this game, well almost everything;

The characters, the story, the environment, all the insane amount of detail in everything.. But that input delay! Holy shit it feels like killzone 2 all over.
I love FPS's but i can't play in fps mode without the auto aim at all, it's really bad.

MMaRsu

Sup bro. Did you complete the car chase with Lamar? After that the game should give you the "welcome back" message. I don't have the hatchet yet either, guess it unlocks later.

Preorder money... Enter the code that came with the game. For digital, no idea.

Hey man, which car chase exactly? I have Michael unlovked already so i figured it would have popped up already.

Hey man, which car chase exactly? I have Michael unlovked already so i figured it would have popped up already.

I am talking about the first time you meet Lamar. When standing outside of your safe house, the message popped up for me. Do you have the blimp available?

woen

Ok so I removed the game and relaunched it, it started to download the patch, I launched the game to install it and now I have both the install and the download in background (44% in 15 minutes...)

SHEF

While waiting for the game to install half an hour ago on the PS4 I checked for an update and it failed but after the first retry it started and it's the 1.02 update. So keep retrying it and it should start.

zinder

I transferred just fine but can't get into a session. Anyone else? It keeps timing out. Could it be because of the new update?

julrik

Think I'm starting a new female character since I totally forgot you can't edit appearance and in my excitement to play I didn't edit appearance during the PS3->PS4 transfer. Wish apartments carried over to new character slots but at least my $ does.
Wait... What? Seriously? So your bank balance is shared between all your characters?

Top Bottom