• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

LaneDS

Played it for a few hours. It's pretty much exactly what I excepted. Basically just a cross-gen up-port. And no, it doesn't look different from the trailers and other videos that came out before release, IMO.

The higher resolution is a clear improvement. That said, the IQ could be better. I didn't have any issues with the PS3 version's framerate, so I guess I can't comment on that.

I think the FP mode is pretty cool. Shooting is going to take some to get used to, though. And the lightbar flashing red and white while wanted is honestly pretty awesome, I was surprised. NPC's faces look clearly better too, If I remember the PS3 version correctly, it's been a while.

Not to mention the lighting, foliage... Those things really are in the NG version and they're an improvement, there's no question about that. However, overall it's still clearly a "cross-gen" title, but that was clear since it was announced, atleast for me.

And lol again at that guy, from CVG IIRC, who stated that it's the best looking next-gen game so far. GTA V NG is roughly comparable to TLOU Remastered, and I'm fine with that.

Good honest impressions, thanks.

Amped to get through this working day and get playing.

Ok so I removed the game and relaunched it, it started to download the patch, I launched the game to install it and now I have both the install and the download in background (44% in 15 minutes...)

I am doing the same now. Seems to be a fuckup on server side, I hope this fixes it. Consoles, lol.

Its on my phone but when I called it it was busy ut maybe I was in a mission.

Hmm, I really hoped it worked. :/

Wizman23

Banned
Game is amazing no doubt but the first person view is 100% jank in my opinion. I couldn't even get past the first fire fight in the intro using first person. When I switched to normal view the game played flawless. I don't think i'll be using first person ever again.

Asgaro

the only I can find

EkDTIey.gif

taken from this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-mXmsDoks8&feature=youtu.be

Thank you!

--

It would also be helpful if someone eventually made a gameplay video of this section of a Rockstar remaster trailer:

elawxs.gif

Such an amazing time had last night in SP. I truly love the first person and all the little sounds in the world. I was walking down the street following a cat and a dog when out of the blue the dog attacks me and kills me.

The sounds just when walking and hearing your boots make a squishy sound, the puddles while walking in them giving you the splash sounds. I visited the beach to see the best sunset I have seen in any video game while watching the people clear out of the beach and just soaking in the sunset.

I really only play SP and did 10 missions last night trying to open the game a little then I will roam with the three characters for a very long time. The car sounds and music is top notch and watching the people at the pier go about their business. Definitely sense a lot more traffic and NPCs on my end.Nice damage to the cars, cracked windshields, cracked concrete barriers, and sweet explosions are a nice improvement. Played fetch with chop bouncing the ball off of a wall, nice chop update with fur. Went to the pier gym and that place is pretty funny, when fighting the buff women it takes about 10 punches to eliminate and a good fight, they even ganged up on me..

Looking at the small details like trash on the ground, in garbage cans, the new grass textures. Trees, draw distance is a great improvement. The night time driving and viewing all the lights reflecting off of the building is really improved. Here I am sitting in my car going to work for the day..... Gotta leave early today :)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Game is amazing no doubt but the first person view is 100% jank in my opinion. I couldn't even get past the first fire fight in the intro using first person. When I switched to normal view the game played flawless. I don't think i'll be using first person ever again.

Agreed. That FPS mode just doesnt feel right in GTA. i dont think I will ever be using it.

Fuck I am going to work and all I can think of right now is GTA. Cant wait to get home and jump back into it.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else having problems downloading the PS4 update? I'm getting an error every time I try to download it.

ekim

Anyone in Germany playing the USK version:
Do you also have the feeling you gain police chase stars much faster than in the last gen version? Maybe they did this to get the USK18 with First Person Mode?

zinder

I can't believe it, the online store actually works for me now playing from EU on a US account so I could get my pre-order bonus. Before on the PS3 it just said "The store is currently unavailable" all the time. Love you Rockstar.

red731

Incredible. Its been a long time since i've played GTA V. Anyone know how the in-game photomode compares to the one in Infamous/LastOfUs? Is it as versatile?

Noperino. It doesn't let you "fly out of your body to take pictures from different angles".
But there are many Snapmatic functions when taking the pic.

Doolz

Banned
Is the enemy accuracy toned down from the old release or are the cops and other NPCs still able to pistol snipe you and rarely miss in general?

Pachimari

Traffic density on the highways and large roads are fine and all that.

But the problem is, that we are nowhere near high traffic in the city. It should be in the middle of the city most should be busy driving around.

whiteape

Can you quickly swap radio stations and weapons. You can also switch views and there is a new menu available when you hold the touchpad. It lets you quickly set waipoints and other stuff.

Also you can throw grenades with a swipe on the touchpad. And that menu was already at long press select on the old consoles.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
https://support.rockstargames.com/h...ng-to-PS4-Xbox-One-or-Logging-Into-GTA-Online

If fixed, once you transfer the character any character you've made on PS4 will be overwritten.

--

Also people talking about an update, are you disc based and talking about v1.02? (it was included in the digital download for me)
im trying to understand the update talk too so please bare with me guys. I went digital and my game is at 1.02. I have not been promted to dl any update and im looking for it.

Derpyduck

Banned
I transferred just fine but can't get into a session. Anyone else? It keeps timing out. Could it be because of the new update?

I have the new update and I get the same thing. Half the time it just flat out fails to join a session, and the other half it joins a session with no one in it, and no one ever joins that session while I'm playing.

The other issue I have is that auto-save is enabled, I played the story mission up through Franklin delivering his first repo and when I turned it on this morning the game had no save game and started right from the very beginning again. Fuck this.

But the problem is, that we are nowhere near high traffic in the city. It should be in the middle of the city most should be busy driving around.

Racing around, I really really don't wont more density. A slider would have been nice I guess.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I have now chased and kicked a cat to death in first person. Life is good.

So I've been playing this only on Vita remote play so far. I did the first mission and then just messed around mostly in first person. Holy shit aiming is hard in free aim on Vita! Yeah the Vita sticks don't make free aim ideal I have to say. Also having to take my thumbs of the sticks to activate my specal ability can be a little annoying. But other than that I'm fine with controls on Vita and it's so fun just messing around. First person is weird, fun and kind of awkward because of the FOV. I think it's fun to mess around with and gives a unique experience but it does feel harder to play than in third person.

zinder

I don't think I would enjoy driving in LA traffic... not in real life, not in a video game.

eso76

It would also be helpful if someone eventually made a gameplay video of this section of a Rockstar remaster trailer:

elawxs.gif

I experienced something very similar yesterday during the first couple hours.
I don't think this trailer was lying tbh.

Top Bottom