• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Professional photographers + Snapmatic @GTAForums

Scroll down until you see post from stobe187 and newer posts.

Some pics from stobe. Hope you don't mind sharing your stuff here man, pretty damn awesome pics!

gtav_ps4_009.jpg

gtav_ps4_020.jpg

gtav_ps4_012.jpg

More at the link.

Beautiful.

what version you guys got ? mine is 01.01 but a friend of mine has 01.02

and it makes us unable to join eachother

Same problem here. I'm in NZ, and have 1.01. All my American friends (Who are the guys I want to play with) are all on 1.02. A couple of other NZr's have reported they're on 1.01 as well. This is pretty annoying :<

RyudBoy

Wow I'll be happy to hear that song at some point. Good addition.

An excellent choice. I hope there's more songs I haven't heard yet that will surprise me.

To be honest I wish I didn't spoil the new tracks by readind the leaked lists.

I checked a list that was revealed a long while ago, but I honestly couldn't remember any song in particular. I just knew there were some being added that I like, and of course the list wasn't complete, so they had time to add more songs. Clearly, they had some nice surprises in store (for me at least).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When the game started, I swear first person mode was a casual walk. But now, first person mode is always running. He's definitely running faster in first person than he is in third person. Anyone know what's up with that, and if you can fix it?

dex3108

After watching few gameplay videos and screenshots main thing that bothers me is lack of Ambient Occlusion. Maybe i am spoiled with last few games i have played but AO really improves games visually. I hope that PC version will have some kind of AO, i would love to see HBAO+.

MMaRsu

Yoooo this game is amazing in first person!!!!!

Playing on ps4 and loving it. Switched to free aim and standard fps controls. makes it a whole lot better since you can click in the stick to run.

But I cant access the hatchet yet how do I find if the welcome back bonusses have unlocked for me? Also when do I get my preorder money?

Anyone else having problems with the online trophies of your imported trophies unlocking?

I already had all online trophies on the PS3, but only a couple of them unlocked when I started playing on PS4, while my friend got all of them.

How can you tell if the 'Welcome Back' content has been unlocked? I got a notification saying the Blimp was available, which I had as a preorder bonus on the PS3 version but I'm not sure about the rest.

zjS8AfXjQ0m0ggVO5fOwjA_0_0.jpg

My favorite. I managed to crash a plane into a bridge in first person, and instead of exploding, the plane hit the shallow watter and I got out. After that, myself and two other GAFers killed many police.
Wow. This one is definitely my favorite. She looks like a Psycho with the blood and eyes, lol.

Re-posting tech impressions:

Others have reported this and I see it as well, there seems to be something funky going on with the gamma curve. I tried fixing this with the in-game brightness settings, even though my TV is well calibrated, but no luck. Game is either washed out or too dark. My RGB settings are correct. PS4 version here. I also did see some drops/judder while driving, but could not replicate it again afterwards.

DOF effect might be a bit much.

Overall this seems to be an amazing remaster. Fixed stereo sound as well. And not hearing the PS3 drive go nuts nonstop is a huge plus for me.

But please look into the gamma, R*!

Kimppis

Played it for a few hours. It's pretty much exactly what I excepted. Basically just a cross-gen up-port. And no, it doesn't look different from the trailers and other videos that came out before release, IMO.

The higher resolution is a clear improvement. That said, the IQ could be better. I didn't have any issues with the PS3 version's framerate, so I guess I can't comment on that.

I think the FP mode is pretty cool. Shooting is going to take some to get used to, though. And the lightbar flashing red and white while wanted is honestly pretty awesome, I was surprised. NPC's faces look clearly better too, If I remember the PS3 version correctly, it's been a while.

Not to mention the lighting, foliage... Those things really are in the NG version and they're an improvement, there's no question about that. However, overall it's still clearly a "cross-gen" title, but that was clear since it was announced, atleast for me.

And lol again at that guy, from CVG IIRC, who stated that it's the best looking next-gen game so far. GTA V NG is roughly comparable to TLOU Remastered, and I'm fine with that.

There are some really jarring LOD transitions though. I just started online and in the cutscene where you're in the car at the beginning buildings kept transitioning really suddenly.

JamboGT

Why you always upload in 60 fps even when the game runs at 30?
I want to see how the game actually performs on the PS4, a genuine representation, at least give the option to download in 30.

The TV will still output in 60 which is what we are getting from this.

I love the touchpad functionality, but the radio through speakers stuff is just stupid, sounds really bad. Fortunately it can be turned off.

Top Bottom