• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Here some PS4 vs X1 screenshots
B2rcWIpCMAAzlu5.jpg

B2rbzbWCAAEint9.jpg

PS4 has more Grass

Thank fuck there are some noticeable differences.

AsfaeksBR

How do I know I got the Returning Player bonuses?
I really want to get the Murder Mistery Case, but I don't know how.
I played a bit, but I simply can't find where Social Club is so I can login and claim the bonus.

Can't tell if it's current or last gen (besides 1st person). Since I played it on x360 I doubt I'll be as wow'd as first time if I get it on current gen.

Trust me, the extra resolution alone helps it "pop" out more and it doesn't look as much of a blurry, jaggy mess as it was before.

Oh and speaking of "pop" I've seen 0 pop-in in the first few missions, definitely not true for the PS3 version which even had pop-in for the intro cutscene.

Anyone know why the game isn't saving my settings? Have to change everytime I get back on. Im using the digital version.

Try manually saving and loading that file?

twisted89

How do I know I got the Returning Player bonuses?
I really want to get the Murder Mistery Case, but I don't know how.
I played a bit, but I simply can't find where Social Club is so I can login and claim the bonus.

Pretty sure its a tab under the pause menu? Only played an hour last night though so might be wrong.

Have to say, I don't enjoy first person mode in this game. The controls just don't feel right, could also be that I have come from 60fps smooth responsive COD to 30fps GTA 5 not so responsive controls.

Also, X button skips cutscenes, I hate when no prompt to skip comes up, just instantly skipped which pissed me off as I needed to pause quickly and tried it out.

Game is amazing though.

Thank you, i thought i was alone here..

Everything is amazing in this game, well almost everything;

The characters, the story, the environment, all the insane amount of detail in everything.. But that input delay! Holy shit it feels like killzone 2 all over.
I love FPS's but i can't play in fps mode without the auto aim at all, it's really bad.

woen

Can we have a better FOV when driving a car or a bike ? I can't see anything, it's really difficult to play the game this way.

The FP mode is weird, not as responsive as Far Cry or CoD. They really need to work on that from scratch for GTA IV, they don't seem to have thought about this when they designed the game.

DrBo42

Downloading now. Didn't make it past either the first or second heist on PS3 because of the absolutely shit performance on the digital version. Looking forward to actually experiencing the whole game now.

Can we have a better FOV when driving a car or a bike ? I can't see anything, it's really difficult to play the game this way.

The FP mode is weird, not as responsive as Far Cry or CoD. They really need to work on that from scratch for GTA IV, they don't seem to have thought about this when they designed the game.

R* never has responsive controls in their games, i was afraid this was going to happen. Full auto aim , here i come!

Derpyduck

Banned

Do you mean in first person? In third person there's an option to raise the camera a bit which makes a world of difference. I found first person to be a huge letdown for driving. It's a gimmick I'll never use again.

AsfaeksBR

Pretty sure its a tab under the pause menu? Only played an hour last night though so might be wrong.

Maybe it did it automatically.
Just entered Social Club via web browser and I found these in the "Weapons" and "Cars" categories:

T2SAqhW.jpg

The gold part reads "From last to new gen"

I just gotta find them in-game now.
But the Monster Truck doesn't show in the "Cars" cattegory. Is it available only on GTA Online?

BigDug13

Thanks for the screens!

That seems weird about less Grass on the X1 versions.

What's weird about it? The XBO is a bit lacking in raw power in comparison. Something is almost always compromised to get the proper performance out of it. It's been the same all gen long with only a couple exceptions, and only with the "marketing deal" games. GTA has no such marketing deal. In fact, weirdly enough, GTAV is one of the rare third party games that had a higher framerate on PS3 compared to 360.

As long as they keep striving to maintain 30+ FPS in games on both systems as much as possible, that's the most important thing. (Why I definitely view Unity as a failure.). If grass has to be sacrificed to get that solid 30, so be it.

MMaRsu

Maybe it did it automatically.
Just entered Social Club via web browser and I found these in the "Weapons" and "Cars" categories:

T2SAqhW.jpg

The gold part reads "From last to new gen"

I just gotta find them in-game now.
But the Monster Truck doesn't show in the "Cars" cattegory. Is it available only on GTA Online?

Looks like those are locked for me on the Social Club sadly :(.

Schennmu maybe you had to do some sp stuff for it or somethijg because I saw the character you had made in the online mode too :(.

Megasoum

Banned
Huh... I played a bit last night up until you get control of Franklin after returning the cars at the end of the first mission and somehow it didn't save? Just booted the game and I'm still in the prologue.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Damn, any other differences? I have the Bone version preordered (at the Microsoft Store), and this makes me want to buy something else instead, and just get GTA for PS4.

do you have a PS4 already? If so, why would you buy ANY multi-platform title on xbone instead? Not being a jerk, but a serious question. Stuff like this is already common and will only become more common as the gen goes on.

it is really the exact same thing we saw all of last gen only switched around.

woen

It's hard to see the leap from the last-gen version. It sure looks better but after playing games like inFamous or AC:Unity it isn't as impressive as 14 months ago and you can still see little jaggies in Los Santos downtown during the daytime, some pop-in etc.
I don't have my PS3 with me but I'm sure the gap is bigger than what I imagine.

R* never has responsive controls in their games, i was afraid this was going to happen. Full auto aim , here i come!

Max Payne 3 was great, and what I remember of GTA V 14 months ago was great controls in 3rd person mode. The little auto aim helps a bit, seems it has been designed with it.

Do you mean in first person? In third person there's an option to raise the camera a bit which makes a world of difference. I found first person to be a huge letdown for driving. It's a gimmick I'll never use again.

Yes in first person you can't change the FOV. You don't see your hands when driving a bike

Megasoum

Banned
I thought I heard in one of the preview that while in First Person view you could sprint with left stick like in any FPS games instead of havin to hit X.

THEF3AR

Is it normal for the install process on Xbox One to take so long? It's been going like really really slow and I'm talking the install screen in game.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
It's hard to see the leap from the last-gen version. It sure looks better but after playing games like inFamous or AC:Unity it isn't as impressive as 14 months ago and you can still see little jaggies in Los Santos downtown during the daytime, some pop-in etc.
I don't have my PS3 with me but I'm sure the gap is bigger than what I imagine.

I think there's two things going on with this statement. First is that your brain is filling in the gaps from the PS3 to the PS4 version. Like you said, if you had the two side by side it would be clearly obvious. That being said, it wasn't an ugly game on PS3.. so it's not unfair for our brain to fill in those gaps.. but yeah, it was NOWHERE near this good.

As for next-gen.. you hit it on the head. This isn't "OMG I've never seen this graphical fidelity before". In motion there are a number of other great looking games this gen already.. IMHO the big difference between them and GTA V isn't how good they look respectively.. but that GTA V looks that great (we'll say "as good") AND it's massive by comparison. I mean heck.. it was the same thing with all of the 3D GTAs. Fidelity-wise they looked great, but it was always that they looked great AND were just these massive environments streamed off of the disc.

Top Bottom