• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

yes I still see him there, my cars too from the iFruit app and the social club its just once I switch to the PS4 tab he disappears since the game won't let me transfer him.

Hm I wonder what the issue is on R* side and how long will it take for them to fix this.

-

Also for the people playing online, can you change your character gender, features, and etc at will whenever?

Alchemist

Sigh I don't even want to get invested in online unless my character can be retrieve. I still see my character when I click on my PS3 information. Do you all still see your data saved for your old gen consoles?

Yeah my data is still on Social Club. I'm just going to explore/play through the story again until we get an update and hopefully a fix.

To be honest, I wasn't either. And then I jumped in a plane...

I'm gonna try that now. It's mostly on foot and driving the lower end cars it feels kinda clunky to me.

TheContact

I let my ps4 downlosd the 44 some gigs of data while I went to work. Hoping it's done by the time I get home at 5. So excited I can't wait.

Hm I wonder what the issue is on R* side and how long will it take for them to fix this.

-

Also for the people playing online, can you change your character gender, features, and etc at will whenever?
I just hope it can be resolved, last gen with the disappearing character fiasco they basically never was able to return anyones characters they just eventually got it fixed to where you wouldn't lose characters anymore. You can only change your gender and fully customize your character once.

Hanmik

jMOODJ8.gif

wauw...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhEyRpf4_s&list=UUR1wCXM9e7NshYfonwa5BAg

E the Shaggy

I have GTA5 for the 360. I never got around to beating it though I think I was close to the finish line.

I'm debating doing the $30 trade in for a PS4 copy. Think its worth it?

Anyone knows when is a good time to avoid the rush at EB Games on a huge launch day like today? Just called them and they won't answer, so I assume not now.

I usually avoid that store like the plague but I could not resist that $1,000,000.

Alfebit

Banned
So has anyone who played the last gen version recently had trouble with transferring their character? Is it only affecting people who haven't played since 2013?

red731

Bah, that sucks.
I hope I don't have to work late tonight but I have an early meeting tomorrow morning so I won't be up late.

One hour :D And Ill get home in half hour if stars allign corectly.

Wishing you to not be there later than needed, man. The thirst is real.

Preloading worked flawlessly for me, no extra install or long waits. I installed/downloaded the 2nd patch earlier while playing LoTF and I was playing GTAV by like 12:08 am.

I finished the 1st two missions. Liked the gunplay in FP mode, I'll need to tweak settings to my liking though. Framerate is solid and smooth to me, and the game looks really good. I wasn't able to transfer my GTAO info yet, so I decided to wait to try GTAO later.

Wish I was at home instead of work right now.

CozMick

Banned
So has anyone who played the last gen version recently had trouble with transferring their character? Is it only affecting people who haven't played since 2013?

I played on ps3 about an hour before I launched the ps4 version.

It has nothing to do with when you played it.

todahawk

So how active is the NeoGAF crew in GTAV in general? Looking to play with some buds on PS4.

We were very active at first but a lot of the launch problems with the original GTAO drove gaffers away. I took a break and focused on single player but there's a few on my FL that I still play with on occasion.

I'm guessing it'll be a new group.

Feel free to add me, I'm EST and will be on evenings and some weekends. PSN same as GAF name.

Are people getting online at all? I didn't realize they upped the player count for the lobby. Maybe we can finally get more than 3-4 clan members into a lobby or into a plane.

judging from last gens fiasco your character is probably gone for good. I use to be able to see my guy on the social club site on last gen too but never got my original character back in game. I then created new characters and lost those too. R* eventually fixed the issue but didn't return my characters. If this isn't resolved im just going to trade the game in or get a refund as the main selling point for me was being able to play my already built up character on next gen. I already 100% the single player so im not doing that again on PS4.

twisted89

judging from last gens fiasco your character is probably gone for good. I use to be able to see my guy on the social club site on last gen too but never got my original character back in game. I then created new characters and lost those too. R* eventually fixed the issue but didn't return my characters. If this isn't resolved im just going to trade the game in or get a redund as the main selling point for me was being able to play my already built up character on next gen. I already 100% the single player so im not doing that again on PS4.

Yeah totally forgot why I quit GTA online last gen until I came back to it, they deleted my character and I was too pissed off to start again.

I have GTA5 for the 360. I never got around to beating it though I think I was close to the finish line.

I'm debating doing the $30 trade in for a PS4 copy. Think its worth it?

Link me to this trade in hopefully it applies to Xbone too

I beat GTAV on 360 when it came out. Wouldn't mind to run through it again.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed the lightbar on PS4 flashes blue and red when you are being chased by the cops, I love all the little touches in this.

As much as I like the game, the frame drops are disappointing and the driving is still so stiff compared to GTAIV. Seems identical to me. Also no real changes to Euphoria it seems. :(

SpaceHorror

My favorite moment in fps mode so far is running up on some dudes hanging out in a parking lot. I bumped into one and he started staring me down and then asked me why I was mean mugging him while pulling out a gun. His friends also pulled out guns. I ran and took cover and pulled out my own, got one but then took a headshot.

Experiencing that whole scenario in first person was completely different and much more thrilling than it could ever be in third person.

It's not perfect, but damn!

The online import for 2013 accounts has been fixed on PS3 and PS4. Xbone fix coming tomorrow.

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...-or-Logging-Into-GTA-Online#comment_202592663

edit: Weird, the link in the email doesn't point to the update. Here's the exact text:

11/18/14 Update: This issue has now been addressed for PlayStation®4 and Playstation 3 users, and will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

As much as I like the game, the frame drops are disappointing and the driving is still so stiff compared to GTAIV. Seems identical to me. Also no real changes to Euphoria it seems. :(

Who claimed it was going to be any different? Same engine few minor changes and resolution. Someone lied to you if you were expecting gta 5.5.

Reule

Did you have to pre-order the game to get the million dollars? It seems like all new copies of GTA V should have the insert in the game case.

Which console?

PS4

Who claimed it was going to be any different? Same engine few minor changes and resolution. Someone lied to you if you were expecting gta 5.5.

A man can dream. And improvements to the driving model are easy compared to some other things they put into this update. Oh well, PC mods will take care of it.

Oh, and the "nerfed" Euphoria engine has been a complaint from many people, so I was hoping they'd hear it.

Man screw Sony and r*. Had my system on all night to finish do the game since the fact pre load only did like 11gb. Wake up and check still got 11 to go. Guess I'll never buy digital again.

Top Bottom