• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

kyser73

Am about to go to bed so will leave the update until tomorrow.

My first evening spent with it - loving it all over again. Unlike many here really enjoying FP, especially on the bikes, environments are supreme & lighting is great.

Only slight instance of FR drop was on a city street with loads of cars and swaying pine trees, driving at full chat.

Love the rain too - was in a storm at Paleto Bay having just suicided Michael off the Raton Canyon railway bridge, saw people ready bong your get out of the rain, town deserted. Very atmospheric!

I can see many hours going into this again, and I'm very happy with my purchase.

PS4 version FWIW.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Got the game installed at 50% and then manually restarted downloading the update, got it working and its installed now. PS4/UK.

THEF3AR

Posted for new page.

Is it normal for the install process on Xbox One to take so long? It's been going like really really slow and I'm talking the install screen in game.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Did we find out exactly what the game was "installing"?

I had the game pre-loaded, and at midnight last night it sat there for an hour at the install screen and got up to 4%.

I left it on all night, and this morning it was installed.

WTF was going on?

This isn't a fix to the update problems (PS4) but if you pause your download, it'll save your progress, which doesn't happen if it cancels out.

danowat

Banned
Posted for new page.

Is it normal for the install process on Xbox One to take so long? It's been going like really really slow and I'm talking the install screen in game.

Chances are, it's downloading the 1gb patch as well, but the install bar doesn't differentiate between installing and downloading.

Derpyduck

Banned

I had the game pre-loaded, and at midnight last night it sat there for an hour at the install screen and got up to 4%.

WTF was going on?

No idea, but that didn't happen to me. No loading whatsoever (I had both patches installed prior to the digital version unlocking btw). Perhaps the loading you saw was the patch being downloaded/installed.

woen

God the auto-center is another flaw of the FP mode.

R*, please patch this to add FOV slider for driving and an option to disable the auto-center thing in FP mode.

ekim

WTF was going on?

up to 4% it's loading the update which is about 1.2GB in size.

eazcn.jpg

THEF3AR

So then it should be ready to go?, what's the issue?

I'm on the main loading screen and its says installing in the bottom right corner. It's taking forever though. I'm talking like 5% installed in in a half hour or so.

I might not have an issue but what's the point of preloading if it isn't installed before.

danowat

Banned
I'm on the main loading screen and its says installing in the bottom right corner. It's taking forever though. I'm talking like 5% installed in in a half hour or so.

I might not have an issue but what's the point of preloading if it isn't installed before.

Never had anything on my loading screen, it didn't have to install anything extra, game was preloaded, hit start, bang, straight in, so no idea what's going on there, maybe downloading a new patch or something?

Derpyduck

Banned
Does anyone know if the character transfer works? I tried a couple of times but nothing happen. (on Xbox One)

Worked fine for me last night (PS4). The problem I'm having now is that connecting to servers sucks. It either fails to connect or it dumps me into a lobby with no one else in it.

something is obviously wrong, as I said. it was taking over 3 hours for me. i left it on all night to install, i come back in the morning and the shit still said 94%

DavidDesu

God the auto-center is another flaw of the FP mode.

R*, please patch this to add FOV slider for driving and an option to disable the auto-center thing in FP mode.

Yep, it's pretty annoying. A large part of my excitement for FP mode was exploring the city and looking about and this really spoils that. Also I wish you could look straight up and straight down (I know you'd just see your body), I hate when FPS games limit your ability to look straight up...

Also, linear analogue control... not sure what it's called but the analogue look has a big dead zone then dramatic increases of speed that make FP mode more difficult than it should be to simply control properly. Why not just make it behave like most other FPS's like Destiny for example?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
do you have a PS4 already? If so, why would you buy ANY multi-platform title on xbone instead? Not being a jerk, but a serious question. Stuff like this is already common and will only become more common as the gen goes on.

it is really the exact same thing we saw all of last gen only switched around.

Back in June The Microsoft Store was doing a promo where they were giving $10 credit for ANY game you traded in. So I unloaded a bunch of worthless old games, and wound up with a bunch of credit to spend.
I want to give my Bone some multiplatform lovin' also and don't mind a difference of 900p vs 1080p. But if the PS4 version is sporting a higher resolution, plus more foliage, and a cool use of the DS4 pad then I'm thinking of switching my X1 purchase (can't pick it up until Thursday) to Dragon Age and getting GTA on PS4.

kodecraft

Can we have a better FOV when driving a car or a bike ? I can't see anything, it's really difficult to play the game this way.

The FP mode is weird, not as responsive as Far Cry or CoD. They really need to work on that from scratch for GTA IV, they don't seem to have thought about this when they designed the game.

Just because there is a FPS viewing/playing mode doesn't mean it would turn this game into CoD, smh, is this what gamers expected?

GTA V first-person mode does not equal CoD.

It's almost like just a fun little perk. Just an option you may switch to every now and then, not play the whole game in first-person.

Just because there is a FPS viewing/playing mode doesn't mean it would turn this game into CoD, smh, is this what gamers expected?

It's almost like just a fun little perk. Just an option you may switch to every now and then, not play the whole game in first-person.

Having responsive controls ≠ turn this game into cod.

woen

Great use of the touchpad (sliding to switch weapons or radio stations) and the light-bar (colors for the characters and red/blue when police is after you)

First-person mode in an open-world game with games means good gameplay and controls. Something responsive as CoD OR Far Cry, which is ALSO an open-world game with a FP view and guns. They failed to make a great FP mode that's all. I like to use it but there are flaws and it's not near as good as the gunplay in 3rd person.

It may be on better on PC if people mod it and all.

Sigh I don't even want to get invested in online unless my character can be retrieve. I still see my character when I click on my PS3 information. Do you all still see your data saved for your old gen consoles?
yes I still see him there, my cars too from the iFruit app and the social club its just once I switch to the PS4 tab he disappears since the game won't let me transfer him.

Top Bottom