• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

mocoworm

I have had zero issues.

Installed, updated and character transferred seamlessly all in less than 30mins from putting the disc in.

GTAO looks and feels amazing.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
How's the framerate holding up for those on PS4? I saw that the Bone was holding close to 30 most of the time.

Surprisingly really well. I was watching PS4 stream earlier today, and a guy blew up 10or so cars at once. Everything looked smooth to me. Gotta try this on Xbox One when I get home.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Constantly losing connection to online and getting network errors.

Nice to see another smooth launch.

nampad

Can't download the new update on PS4. Am on 1.01, what does the new update do?

Tried Remote Play yesterday and it runs and looks quite well. The controls re good except for drive by shooting, because the control scheme isn't relying too much on the missing buttons. The backtouch area is smaller to accommodate bigger hands so people won't hit the buttons accidentally but personally, I like the bigger backtouch area because of my hands.

quick question. I remember the digital PS3 release had some disadvantages over the disc version.

For those who have it on PS4, is the digital release fine?

twisted89

quick question. I remember the digital PS3 release had some disadvantages over the disc version.

For those who have it on PS4, is the digital release fine?

No offence but I'm amazed that people still don't realise that all PS4 & Xbone games are installed to the HDD.

oneils

Man screw Sony and r*. Had my system on all night to finish do the game since the fact pre load only did like 11gb. Wake up and check still got 11 to go. Guess I'll never buy digital again.

Are you sure you have downloads enabled when in rest mode?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Has anyone tried remote play with the ps4 yet?
Most of my time with he game so far has been on remote play. Free aim is pretty awkward with the Vita sticks but overall it's pretty awesome. L3 and R3 are on the bottom corners of the touchscreen and L1 and R1 are on the left and right sides of he rear touchpad. I really enjoy playing this on Vita. It's just when free aiming that things get awkward, but that's fixed with lock on.

56319215.jpg

Amazon never usually take this long. :/

N° 2048

Spent 5 hours with two GAF members online doing random chaos, haha. All rested now and ready to get back at it once I clean the apartment and walk the dog (IRL :p ).

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Most of my time with he game so far has been on remote play. Free aim is pretty awkward with the Vita sticks but overall it's pretty awesome. L3 and R3 are on the bottom corners of the touchscreen and L1 and R1 are on the left and right sides of he rear touchpad. I really enjoy playing this on Vita. It's just when free aiming that things get awkward, but that's fixed with lock on.

i was wondering how i could beep my horns and get into special abilities. dont know why i never thought of pressing the screen to see if it did anything. gonna need to try it out again.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Holy hell. The number of GTAV streams is eye watering. It's like 5:1 to the next highest stream on the PS4.

In Best Buy they had an entire box dedicated to GTA (saw mostly PS4). I think everything else was in another box.

R* is just printing money at this point.

Pjsprojects

UK X1 preload worked fine and I just did the start bit which looked ok but not mind blowing. Online not working and I can't transfer my 360 save.Not keen on first person view but I might get used to it.

Overall up to now I'm glad I got it cheap.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
ok i am disappointed in FPS mode controls, they are super confusing.

All the exaggerated camera movement makes me nauseous. No idea how this doesn't make everyone vomit. I feel like I'm on boat.

I'm kinda PO at all the critics saying they tuned the shooting mechanic to be like every other shooter. Cause it most def is not. The reticle still moves like its on ice.

UPS just fucked me. I live in Cincy Ohio, Amazon mailed it from Kentucky. For some dumbass reason UPS took it to Columbus and delayed my package. =\

Did you change to the FPS Shooter control mode?

yeah, none of them seem to suit me..

firstly, when i click the stick to sprint, you cant just click, you have to hold.. (or im doing something wrong?)

none of them have left stick sprint with x for jump.

all of the controls make "stealth" one of the buttons i want when you rarely need it.

why cant i just custom config? :(

N° 2048

yeah, none of them seem to suit me..

firstly, when i click the stick to sprint, you cant just click, you have to hold.. (or im doing something wrong?)

none of them have left stick sprint with x for jump.

all of the controls make "stealth" one of the buttons i want when you rarely need it.

why cant i just custom config? :(

You can click it once but when you change direction it stops sprinting .

UPS just fucked me. I live in Cincy Ohio, Amazon mailed it from Kentucky. For some dumbass reason UPS took it to Columbus and delayed my package. =\

See if you can get $30 dollars or so as Amazon credit for the mistake. That can pay for something nice this Black Friday.

--

Also I'm still having a problem with transferring my character to PS4. Sigh.

Top Bottom