• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

shandy706

Is this just as good on XONE vs PS4? What's the best version?

They seem to be very similar. I'd wait for DF (or just buy PS4 if you have both).

The X1 build looks great, runs great, and isn't a bad buy. It looks like it may have less grass...depends on if you're a grass enthusiast in that case.

I got it dirt cheap on X1 and it's great.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Haven't been able to connect to GTO for over an hour.

Great job Rockstar.

Muffdraul

Weird, I heard initially that there'd be new content for talk radio, but I guess not from impressions? A couple weeks ago someone said 2 hours of new talk radio. Was looking forward to it because GTAV has the worst talk radio of any GTA game since III.

Exactly, there was a lot of room for improvement. Slight damper on an otherwise glorious day.

majik13

I preordered from Best Buy on Fri the 14th, said it would arrive by today the 18th. Even costumer support confirmed it would come today. But I only got the confirmation that it shipped this morning less than hour ago. No tracking info for another 24 hours. I guessing that it wont be here today like I was told. Anyone get theirs from BB yet, or at least out for delivery? I'm in the Bay Area btw.

If I would have known they couldnt get it to me today, then I would have done in store pick up.

Portugeezer

So how did you guys eventually download the PS4 update?

I just tried to launch the game and it said to play online you need the update, and it downloaded, before that I kept getting a download error but my brother is getting it and my method doesn't work for him.

barit

The new update from today eliminated almost every frame hiccup. Game runs now super smooth and stable (PS4). That was quick. And my earlier judgement about the graphics, I take it back. Los Santos looks really good on next gen. I'm always impressed by how much life and shit is going on in this city. Bank robbery here, crackheads there, strangers talking to you on every corner. It's really amazing. If you played Watch_Dogs before you appreciate small details like radio stations keep playing their songs when you leave the car for one minute and don't start them from the beginning again lol

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
So how did you guys eventually download the PS4 update?

I just tried to launch the game and it said to play online you need the update, and it downloaded, before that I kept getting a download error but my brother is getting it and my method doesn't work for him.

would like to know as well. i can't download it so means no online for me.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
The new update from today eliminated almost every frame hiccup. Game runs now super smooth and stable (PS4). That was quick. And my earlier judgement about the graphics, I take it back. Los Santos looks really good on next gen. I'm always impressed by how much life and shit is going on in this city. Bank robbery here, crackheads there, strangers talking to you on every corner. It's really amazing. If you played Watch_Dogs before you appreciate small details like radio stations keep playing their songs when you leave the car for one minute and don't start them from the beginning again lol

can't say i've seen any frame drops so far. maybe it is dropping a little but i don't notice it.

what i do notice though is all the pop in. can be things like fences, windows, grass, bins and i'm not talking about away in the distance. i was slowly driving behind a car and it's rear textures kept popping. it's quite distracting.

Is this just as good on XONE vs PS4? What's the best version?

Similar with the exception being the DS4 was giving a lot love by R*.

Motion Controls work great especially 1stPerson Mode in a Plane.

The speaker is being heavily used as well. This differentiates the two versions as well as more foilage on the ps4

antitrop

If you played Watch_Dogs before you appreciate small details like radio stations keep playing their songs when you leave the car for one minute and don't start them from the beginning again lol

Pssshhh, even GTA 3 from 2001 had that attention to detail.

Fuck Watch_Dogs.

RdN

GTA: Online is better than ever. There's traffic on the streets, missions and sessions loads very quickly.

The only thing I haven't got yet is a 30 person session. All the ones I joined were capped on 16. Anyone for luck with this yet?

Here some PS4 vs X1 screenshots
B2rcWIpCMAAzlu5.jpg

B2rbzbWCAAEint9.jpg

PS4 has more Grass

Stop Trollin son! guy mixed up clips on that and took down video from youtube.
https://twitter.com/ilewisgta

barit

can't say i've seen any frame drops so far. maybe it is dropping a little but i don't notice it.

what i do notice though is all the pop in. can be things like fences, windows, grass, bins and i'm not talking about away in the distance. when driving cars just pop into view. it's quite distracting.

Yes notice some pop in too but not very heavily. Do you have the standard HDD in your PS4 maybe? Because when I upgraded mine to SSHD Watch_Dogs had less pop in then before. Seems logical when the game can access the data faster that this will eventually reduce pop ins.

antitrop

I don't think that foliage vid was a mixup. It's been confirmed by other GAFfers who took their own screenshots of both versions.

I guess that's the downside of hitting 1080p on X1.

900p with all the same inclusions as the PS4 version probably would have been best, but everyone cares so much about resolution these days.

shandy706

I love playing in first person, lol. I think I'll play the entire game through this way. Fun way to play through for your first time.

fpjcas.gif

NSFW GIF (
picking up a stripper for a BJ
cracked me up...first person..LOL)

Got my money back of course....

hgffwy.gif

viveks86

Played for a short while yesterday and I found the controls really sluggish for aiming as well as driving. There is noticeable delay between controller input and action on screen. Is this expected?

How is this possible? Where is the traffic? It's a huge crossroads!

[IMGttps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2648/GTA%20V/youtu.be-ldhEyRpf4_s.jpg[/IMG]

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhEyRpf4_s at 13:00
Didn't watch the vid but civilian cars freak the fuck out when there's gunfire, and there's clearly a gunfight going on with three star cops (so a chopper is hovering around)...
Not surprised the civilian cars are not around.

antitrop

Played for a short while yesterday and I found the controls really sluggish for aiming as well as driving. There is noticeable delay between controller input and action on screen. Is this expected?
This is the reason I didn't use free-aim on the 360 version. The floatiness/lag made it unplayable, and the terrible framerate didn't help either.

I was hoping it would be better on the new consoles, but I wouldn't be surprised if free-aim controlled just as poorly as last year's version.

R3TRODYCE

Went to sleep and when I woke up my 500k was finally in my MP.

I have a truck and when I pull out of the garage it scratches the roof on PS3 version because it's so high but they fixed it on the current gen version. It's the little things.

Covfan

Anyone else tried remote play yet with the Vita?

Seems to have quite a big bug where the camera continually pulls downwards making it quite tricky.

Top Bottom