• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Portugeezer

This is fucking bullshit man. If you had told me this was a PS3 to PS4 comparison I would have believed you. It's almost night and day. Disappointed that despite all the early copies no one could have warned us before we bought the game.

We have known PS4 is more powerful for a while now, Rockstar actually made use of the extra GPU power.

Went to sleep and when I woke up my 500k was finally in my MP.

I have a truck and when I pull out of the garage it scratches the roof on PS3 version because it's so high but they fixed it on the current gen version. It's the little things.

What kind of truck and which garage? I just find that interesting. I have the biggest trucks I could get and none of them scraped.

Pagusas

Elden Member
This is fucking bullshit man. If you had told me this was a PS3 to PS4 comparison I would have believed you. It's almost night and day. Disappointed that despite all the early copies no one could have warned us before we bought the game.

but we've know the PS4 has a much more capable GPU, expect better graphics either in resolution or effects. Rockstar choose to add effects rather than not use the extra power, good for them.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139381789&postcount=324

Csa01f2.gif

Wow. Looks a lot more lush on PS4. One of my favourite things about this gen so far is how much more foliage and vegetation there is compared to last-gen, so this pleases me. Thanks for posting those.

Wil348

Someone on the Rockstar support forums found a fix!

WORKED FINALLY
ALl you need to do is :
Delete the update file
start the game single
delete the update again
check for updates
dont close the game in backgraund
accept the update and if it fail go to downloads and keep pressing X for retry until its start it will take a while worked on 15 time for me
Then let it go up to 80 mb done after that pause and go to net setting disconnect internet
after some seconds connect again and go back to download press continue the download
if its fail again it will resume now from 80 not from 0, keep pressing retry and it will work worked for me on second time after that in went to 100% in 15 minutes
good luck!
Now im online

viveks86

This is the reason I didn't use free-aim on the 360 version. The floatiness/lag made it unplayable, and the terrible framerate didn't help either.

I was hoping it would be better on the new consoles, but I wouldn't be surprised if free-aim controlled just as poorly as last year's version.

Yeah I started off with free aim and couldn't even get past the first cop encounter. Had to switch to assisted mode, which wasn't nearly as fun :/

Gonna take me a while to get used to this after Destiny and Driveclub. The lag is pretty disorienting!

shandy706

These cars have ZERO weight...which I hate, but I'm guessing there's the "turn on a dime" crowd that love it.

The driving is so easy I kept having to back off from rear-ending the other car during this part of the game at the beginning.

kqenxm.gif

These cars have ZERO weight...which I hate, but I'm guessing there's the "turn on a dime" crowd that love it.

The driving is so easy I kept having to back off from rear-ending the other car during this part of the game at the beginning.

kqenxm.gif

All those hours in sim racing cockpit view will pay off!

Alienous

kqenxm.gif

Some of the cars have weight. The ones that aren't ultra-light sports cars.

forms

GTA: Online is better than ever. There's traffic on the streets, missions and sessions loads very quickly.

The only thing I haven't got yet is a 30 person session. All the ones I joined were capped on 16. Anyone for luck with this yet?

Isn't it just a giant all out deathmatch regardless of mode? That is my experience from previous gen, at least.

Putty

Update installed. Just kept retrying for a hour or so 8). I managed to play through the prologue. Looked fantastic to me. Texture bump is really nice, coupled with that 1080p image. Really like the shimmering from the ice on top of the getaway car. Really like the depth of field effect. Framerate is (so far) great. Don't know what to think about the 1st person mode yet.

Portugeezer

I have the PS4 version and it looks washed out to me, anyone else seeing the same?

Some screenshots I have seen look washed out, but for me I don't really have that, probable depends on TV settings, also try lowering the brightness ingame.

This is some bullshit.

If I was an X1 customer I would be pissed. Not good R*.

You are right, they should have downgraded the PS4 version to match XB1 like other parity ridden games.

shandy706

All those hours in sim racing cockpit view will pay off!

I think my hours upon hours in Sim racers spoils the feel of the game's cars. They're SUPER arcade..lol

Not near what I expected playing it for the first time, lol. I drove a "hummer" last night and it still drove like it had the grip and body roll of something just short of a sports car.

This is some bullshit.

Bought X1 version...doesn't bother me at all.

antitrop

This is some bullshit.

It's a lose-lose situation. X1 fans would have flipped their shit if it was 900p vs 1080p, too.

This is a relatively new thing, I don't remember PS2 fans (myself included) being so down that their games didn't look as good as the Xbox version.

kqenxm.gif

I found it pretty easy and had to back off to keep from hitting him a few times too. I remember struggling more with that section on PS3 last year.

I don't like how huge your blindspots seem when driving in FP though I haven't driven more than 5 minutes and may get used to it.

Pagusas

Elden Member

yup the first person mode completely changes this game, thats incredible. I've always wanted a first person modern day open world game, I didn't think GTA would be filling that void!

Now I just wish they'd add things like more side missions and quick NPC dialogue and options, kinda like make GTA with Deus EX like NPC and story options/RPG elements.

RdN

Guys, please don't being this console wars bullshit into this thread.. The other one is already bad enough.

Isn't it just a giant all out deathmatch regardless of mode? That is my experience from previous gen, at least.

Not really. There's always those who get a tabk to kill others, but most times its a very fun and pleasing experience.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Wanna know something funny? Before I read your post I genuinely thought this was a PS3 to PS4 comparison. LOL.

viveks86

Some screenshots I have seen look washed out, but for me I don't really have that, probable depends on TV settings, also try lowering the brightness ingame.

Yeah that brightness calibration screen that shows up is a bit shit and I can see a lot of people getting it wrong.

barit

kqenxm.gif

Holy shit you driving like a pro in FP mode. My car looked like junk after this small sequence haha

This is some bullshit.

Huh? It's Rockstar's problem the X1 is under powered compared to the PS4?

I totally get blaming Ubi for the PS4 version being inferior, but blaming Rockstar for the X1 version being inferior seems absurd. We have enough data points now to expect that the PS4 version of the majority of multiplat games should be the superior version.

ColEx

I have my PS4 hooked up to my second PC monitor, other games are fine.

First thing i noticed when i started playing is that it looks washed out.

I don't have the game (waiting for the PC version) so I am only going by screenshots, streams and videos posted online but do the guns in first person mode look "off" to anyone else??

Not the guns themselves but where they are pointing. To me it looks like they are at too much of an angle and are not pointing to where the crosshair is, if you imagine a line from the barrel straight out.

They are fine when ADS but when just in first person normal they look off to me.

Top Bottom