• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

shandy706

So I get less grass and I get to play online a day later. Where's Albert Penello hiding these days? Looks like they're giving up more than 30%.

Are you trolling?
(forgive me if not)

I played online no problem last night just after midnight.

Came in second on my first ever online race in GTA V..lol

Is there some online problem I missed out on?

Is more grass really a big deal though?

this really isn't a big deal to anyone but those trolls who was pro xbox last gen that mocked the PS3 about every multiplat game being a bit inferior compared to its counterpart. Remember the whole Mafia fiasco about the 360 version being the better between the two consoles because it had more blades of grass?

barit

One thing that still bother me is the aggressiv use (or lack) of AF. It's like you walking in a 4x4 square where everything is crisp and outside of that everything gets washed out. Walking on foot at day shows this effect really clear. Whats up with that? The only way to ensure a stable framerate?

-griffy-

Banned
One thing that still bother me is the aggressiv use of AF. It's like you walking in a 4x4 square where everything is crisp and outside of that everything gets washed out. Walking on foot at day shows this effect really clear. Whats up with that? The only way to ensure a stable framerate?

You mean the aggressive lack of AF. An aggressive use of AF would only be a great thing.

Carnby

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the ps3/360 booklet being more robust. This one is only 4 or 6 pages. What happened?

Is this just as good on XONE vs PS4? What's the best version?
Judging from comparison pics people have posted, the PS4 version looks better, but I haven't really seen anything definitive on performance. You may want to wait for the DF faceoff.

UPDATE 18/11/14 4:30pm: We've completed work on an initial performance analysis of the PlayStation 4 version of Grand Theft Auto 5, which you can find embedded below. At first blush, we're looking at a very similar release to the Xbox One version - with only one really noticeable difference, the implementation of a lens flare effect that appears either absent or dialled back on Xbox One. Frame-rate is confirmed at 30fps, though the rare dropped frames seen on Xbox One are even less of an issue here. We're working through the game as quickly as we can and our journeys are taking us out of the city, so yes, we're definitely looking into stuff like this and will report back when we have more to share.

Looks like performance is slightly better on PS4.

This is some bullshit.

If I was an X1 customer I would be pissed. Not good R*.

inb4 the ps4 is just more powerful etc.

Using the PS4 to it's full advantage is doing a good job. If the X1 could handle the same amount of grass then Rockstar would have put it in there, but it clearly can't, so they didn't. 1080p for the weaker console comes at a cost to other areas of the game. When will people understand this?

These cars have ZERO weight...which I hate, but I'm guessing there's the "turn on a dime" crowd that love it.

The driving is so easy I kept having to back off from rear-ending the other car during this part of the game at the beginning.

kqenxm.gif

You mean THAT car has no weight...the first car you drive (besides the prologue). The cars all feel different to me. Whatever "weight" the BMW look-a-like you drive for the yacht mission and the Audio look-a-like that Michael drives is the weight I like.

antitrop

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember the ps3/360 booklet being more robust. This one is only 4 or 6 pages. What happened?

I just opened up my 360 version and all it has is a map, a black booklet with 5 pages, and the code for the Atomic Blimp.

Muffdraul

It's a lose-lose situation. X1 fans would have flipped their shit if it was 900p vs 1080p, too.

This is a relatively new thing, I don't remember PS2 fans (myself included) being so down that their games didn't look as good as the Xbox version.

Totally different situation. The Xbox versions came out long after the PS2 versions, and everybody expected that they were going to look considerably improved on Xbox. The disparity between PS2 and Xbox was much bigger than PS4 and XBone.

AsfaeksBR

These cars have ZERO weight...which I hate, but I'm guessing there's the "turn on a dime" crowd that love it.

The driving is so easy I kept having to back off from rear-ending the other car during this part of the game at the beginning.

kqenxm.gif

I remember on PS3 I had a hard time catching up with Lamar.
But on First Person I was just like you in this webm.

I'll ask again: ps4 buy or not? Haven't played the game yet. Or wait untill patches arive?

Buy,

I pre-ordered mine 2 days ago, going to get it today, havent played it yet (on neither console) and im not a GTA fan, but the game looks amazing, and some of my friends who have it tell me to get it asap.

I'll ask again: ps4 buy or not? Haven't played the game yet. Or wait untill patches arive?

If you have a beefy PC and can wait that will probably be the best version unless the port sucks.

But I enjoyed the shit out of this on 360 and am now enjoying it again on PS4. It's one of my favorite games ever. So much so I don't have any desire to play Far Cry 4 which I bought at the same time.

If I had an amazing PC I'd triple dip. No joke. I'm thinking of building one.

deoee

Holy shit PSN is letting me down right now. DL the game with like 1 kb/s... and I have 100 Mbit/s down, should be a thing of max 1 hour

Mastperf

This is some bullshit.

If I was an X1 customer I would be pissed. Not good R*.

inb4 the ps4 is just more powerful etc.
It's as if you knew the reason why the difference was there between the two versions but spoiler tagged it to hope it would go away. Weaker systems generally perform worse than more powerful ones and competent developers usually take advantage of easily tapped processing capability.

JoduanER2

In regards of those comparisons, what did you expect? Obviously the PS4 has to be better looking is the superior hardware, ppl should be happy the developers are taking advantage of each console.

As long as the X1 version looks good who cares how much grass it has

Ateron

PS4 version here.

I'm very pleased with the graphics. Think It can hold its own against any "proper" current gen only titles. The game holds up the framerate a lot better than the ps3 version, that's for sure. First thing I did was try out the old cheat codes (they still work!) and get myself a bag'o guns, then god mode and super jump. Destroyed everything in sight, got 5 stars and started shooting everything. It holds up pretty well..Whenever you try to make a run for it in a car, there's a few dips here and there but nothing serious. I'm pleased on that front as well.

Now, the ugly. Those fucking controls man. I love the dedication, the fact that they added 1st person view, and it definitely adds a ton to the atmosphere, specially at night. It's amazing. BUT....the aiming feels as floaty as ever. Dare I say it even feels more weightier than past gen? It really feels off. It's not the controller, as I'm more than used to it after a year, and do okay in other games, it's not the tv cause it has ridiculously low input lag. It's the fucking engine. I love the animations, love the physics, but something about it doesn't jive well with fluid aiming.

GTA IV, V, RDR and Max Payne 3 all suffered from this. It's not KZ2 levels, but very close. This makes things difficult for guys like me who want to play free aim all the way. During missions it's not a dealbreaker, but in regular firefights against chasing cops the difficulty is immensly lopsided against you. They never miss, there's still not enough visual feedback when you're shot and you're made of paper, 3 shots you're out. If only the controls were tighter..but I've come to accept that as a quirk of euphoria. Can't have it all.

Other than this complaint about the sluggishness of the controls, everything is amazing. Good job R*, this is how a remaster should be done.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot. Is someone else having issues downloading the patch? Been trying since like 3 hours ago, but nothing. It keeps giving me an error. googled it and it seems like it's widespread. It sucks because cause of that I'm still on 1.00, and as far as I know, 1.01 had some improvement and bug fixes for the SP as well, no?
I can't get it to download for the life of me and it's pissing me off.

whatever, this game still looks great on the xb1. Stuff like this doesn't bother me, I'd be a PC gamer if it did.

why can't console gamers never express wanting the best regarding there console experience without PC being brought up? allot of console gamers are console gamers by choice and with that being said its totally understandable for a console gamer to want the best total gaming experience regarding consoles.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Got the game (first time i'm paying GTA 5) and installed the patch although subsequent patch won't download.

Is it me or is the AA poor on this game?

Frame rate seems solid though.

Top Bottom