• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

BokehKing

Banned
Another from Mastah

RWA2KMR.gif
Daaaaamn, see that's what I'm talking about!

Derpyduck

Banned
Are there people getting into lobbies full of people in open play mode? Every open lobby I get put into is just me the entire time. I need to figure out if it's me or the game at fault. NAT is set to 2 on my PS4, which hasn't prevented me from playing any other multiplayer games (Destiny, AW, Driveclub, Diablo etc).

Ateron

Daaaaamn, see that's what I'm talking about!

What are those screenshots comparing?

EDIT: Any advice/help for downloading the patch? I've been trying for 3 hours, always gives an error. I don't even know the full extent of what it's supposed to do, but something to do not only with MP but SP as well, right? I'm still running 1.00. What does the patch do?

Busigkatt

Banned
Been playing online for an hour and I'm trying to join my friend. I'm alone on a public server and I've tried searching for a new session but I can't see any people on the player list. Anyone?

How do I unlock my returning player bonuses? And wasn't I able to switch between multiple targets by tapping on the right stick left or right last-gen? Can't seem to do that here (or maybe I'm thinking of something else) :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
2013 GTA Online Accounts: Issues Transferring to PS4/Xbox One or Logging Into GTA Online

11/18/14 Update: We are currently addressing this issue with a patch for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 users. This patch is available for download, but may not be available in your region for the next few hours. If you attempt to download the patch and see a “CE-32937-4” error, please attempt to download the patch again later today. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow. Affected PlayStation®4 and Xbox One players can still log in to Grand Theft Auto Online but will not be able to transfer characters until the fix is in place.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203928126

Here we go again.

So I guess this means a 1.03 patch is it on PS4 now.

N° 2048

How do I unlock my returning player bonuses? And wasn't I able to switch between multiple targets by tapping on the right stick left or right? Can't seem to do that here (or maybe I'm thinking of something else) :/

Asked twice and got no answer, don't think anyone knows. I want my railgun :(

Scarphace

Just picked up my preorder copy from best buy but I don't have the million dollar code in the box. Am I missing something?

Edit: They will email it to you if you purchased it online for in store pickup

Good lord the disc install is taking forever

Those last gen/PS3 roots
BVHst0H.png

I mean, sure that means I get to enjoy this amazing installation music, but for an hour though?
BVHst0H.png

Aiii

So not worth it
Great game, already at 15.96 of 46GB.

And I run a 180 mbit connection. I'm not mad, I'm just dissapointed. Guess I can play after work tomorrow, instead. Bit of a shame.

Ateron

PS4 vs XONE versions. PS4 versions looks better it seems.

O_O

Fuck, I'm honestly surprised by this. Rockstar really likes pulling Ubi's leg, don't they?
No debates on this one, apparently :O

Well, last gen ps3 owners got the shaft with GTA IV and RDR and this is nothing compared to that. At least both versions of GTA V run at 1080p, it's not so bad.

I think something may be off...

The exclusive content will unlock when the game is booted with a linked Social Club account and is connected to the PlayStation®Network (for PS4), Xbox Live (for Xbox One) or Social Club (PC). Players will be awarded the Grand Theft Auto Online-specific content upon entering GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V-specific content after completing the mission “Franklin and Lamar.”

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...t-for-Returning-Players-in-Grand-Theft-Auto-V

When I beat that mission the only message I got was that the blimp was unlocked, nothing else.

If you have a beefy PC and can wait that will probably be the best version unless the port sucks.

But I enjoyed the shit out of this on 360 and am now enjoying it again on PS4. It's one of my favorite games ever. So much so I don't have any desire to play Far Cry 4 which I bought at the same time.

If I had an amazing PC I'd triple dip. No joke. I'm thinking of building one.
Thanx. Will run by the store tomorrow.

I gotta admit, amid the recent parity BS, it's pretty reassuring to see Rockstar not doing the same. I mean, it's just grass...sure, and it's not as if the difference is earth-shattering or anything, but they didn't have to include more foliage on PS4, but they did, simply because they could. That's what I want to see, devs making full use of their tools with zero shits given to any possible backlash.

LesGrossman00

Neo Member
How do I unlock my returning player bonuses? And wasn't I able to switch between multiple targets by tapping on the right stick left or right last-gen? Can't seem to do that here (or maybe I'm thinking of something else) :/

Imponte Duke O’Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOcysP4wuFk

Dodo Seaplane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVyqWJturcc

Railgun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzmM9Hnv4kw

Cheval Marshall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnO1bcQgFYM

Ateron

Anyone now what the patch notes for 1.01 are? Been trying to find but with no success. Just vagueness: optimization and bug fixes. Can't seem to download this mother.

Now we play the waiting game, Rockstar.

Anion

I gotta admit, amid the recent parity BS, it's pretty reassuring to see Rockstar not doing the same. I mean, it's just grass...sure, and it's not as if the difference is earth-shattering or anything, but they didn't have to include more foliage on PS4, but they did, simply because they could. That's what I want to see, devs making full use of their tools with zero shits given to any possible backlash.
Not only that graphics but also the DS4 touch pad, lights and speaker and the X1's rumble triggers. I like R*'s approach

When I went online about 5 or 6 little Content Unlock messages appeared one after the other in the upper right of my screen.

Hm, ok, weird... Maybe they'll unlock next time I play.

Does anyone have any input on switching targets? Am I not able to do that with the right stick anymore?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
These cars have ZERO weight...which I hate, but I'm guessing there's the "turn on a dime" crowd that love it.

The driving is so easy I kept having to back off from rear-ending the other car during this part of the game at the beginning.

kqenxm.gif

GTA IV driving 4 lyfe!

I miss it. :(

I think the extra foliage is very pleasing actually. I got Far Cry 4 today and that has really dense grass etc too.
It's a big difference over what was common last gen and personally I think it gives the world a much more realistic feel than expanses of flat grass textures.

A big thanks to Rockstar for giving the PS4 stuff to make use of its features. Apart from just making use of the extra GPU power you have smaller stuff like the phone calls out of the DS4 speaker, the use of the touchpad and the red and blue flashing lights on the DS4 when the police are after you.
It really makes it feel like Rockstar have made the effort - other developers should take note.

Vizzeh

Banned

Well done Rockstar for utilising the spectrum of both platforms, unlike Ubisoft, atleast we can "see" the GPU difference, rather than a cut and paste. (not to diss the x1 version as i'm sure it is great, but i'm sure PS4 users would prefere to get what they pay for so congrats)

On a side note, I am in limbo on my decision of "when" and what platform to get this game on. Playing Dayz, got farcry 4 to get stuck into and may get the AC:Unity on PC in attempt to claw back some smoothness. GTA5 PS4, or wait for PC? :/ (completed on PS3 prior)

(As we speak GTA5 is advertised on Skysports, nice! Looks fantastic)

Wait.

What.

Possible spoilers of an easter egg, I don't even know what this is... don't click if you want gameplay surprises I guess, but I don't think it has anything to do with story missions.

I think the extra foliage is very pleasing actually. I got Far Cry 4 today and that has really dense grass etc too.
It's a big difference over what was common last gen and personally I think it gives the world a much more realistic feel than expanses of flat grass textures.

A big thanks to Rockstar for giving the PS4 stuff to make use of its features. Apart from just making use of the extra GPU power you have smaller stuff like the phone calls out of the DS4 speaker, the use of the touchpad and the red and blue flashing lights on the DS4 when the police are after you.
It really makes it feel like Rockstar have made the effort - other developers should take note.

Yeah, everyone talks about reflections, AA, res, framerate, shadow quality, AF (sometimes) etc etc being much better this gen compared to last-gen consoles, and they are, but for me, the increase in foliage is one of the biggest, most immediately obvious changes. It just adds so much depth and realism to games. I like it.

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

UPDATE 18/11/14 4:30pm: We've completed work on an initial performance analysis of the PlayStation 4 version of Grand Theft Auto 5, which you can find embedded below. At first blush, we're looking at a very similar release to the Xbox One version - with only one really noticeable difference, the implementation of a lens flare effect that appears either absent or dialled back on Xbox One. Frame-rate is confirmed at 30fps, though the rare dropped frames seen on Xbox One are even less of an issue here. We're working through the game as quickly as we can and our journeys are taking us out of the city, so yes, we're definitely looking into stuff like this and will report back when we have more to share.

Looks like they are investigating the Grass issue.

SHEF

I think something may be off...

https://support.rockstargames.com/h...t-for-Returning-Players-in-Grand-Theft-Auto-V

When I beat that mission the only message I got was that the blimp was unlocked, nothing else.

I got the blimp when I was inside the house and when I walked outside I got the bonus stuff for returning players. Before going outside I tried to sign in to social club and couldn't find where to do it. I went to the Facebook option in the menu and signed some new social club agreement which then seemed to get the social club stuff working automatically without signing in.

Mastperf

Yeah, everyone talks about reflections, AA, res, framerate, shadow quality, AF (sometimes) etc etc being much better this gen compared to last-gen consoles, and they are, but for me, the increase in foliage is one of the biggest, most immediately obvious changes. It just adds so much depth and realism to games. I like it.

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif
Something as simple as thick foliage swaying in the breeze adds so much to the immersion for me.

Top Bottom