• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Putty

More thoughts. Lighting is godly. Much more refined over last gen versions. General tecture quality througout is very good, surprised me actually! Cars, or rather the fast cars are very twitchy to control, be nice to have that addressed somewhat, maybe give the user and overall responsiveness option. Framerate seems to to be very good but there are drops throughout, however for me, i've got a new 2104 Samsung TV so i'm using the MotionFlow option which really smooths things off! Dat 60fps feel! And i'll take the image drawbacks from using, as theye are rather minor. All in all its the most impressive remaster i've seen and played. PS4 version.

shandy706

jdpcrv.gif

zcptdr.gif

For the foliage enthusiasts.

That's my favorite phrase from the threads today, lol.

Need an xbone vs ps4 comparison please

There's another thread for that (sort of) :)

Very curious about their framerate results. I played a little more last night and my framerate woes seemed to be limited to driving within the city in free roam. Biking off-road, and driving in the less dense traffic beyond it was just fine.

But in the city center itself I was reminded of last gen, when there are times things run very smooth and then times when it starts to get a little chunkier, and so the driving and braking would feel inconsistent. The remaster is an improvement, but that aspect is still there.

There's no question on the foliage - its a night and day difference.

Putty

Car details for an openworld game is also really great, interiors aswell. Soun on the car's is lacking but it doesn't bother me.

LoveCake

Has anyone who played the X360 collectors/limited edition version transferred over all their stuff to their PS4?

I had the CE on X360 & have just got GTAV for my PS4, i want to see if there has been any issues transferring the items over, that's all.

ssjali

Is it just me or do the money truck guys behave different now? I am sure they always just got out of the car and tried to shoot me, now they stayed in the truck and tried to run me over. I never had this in a lot of incidents on the PS3...

Very curious about their framerate results. I played a little more last night and my framerate woes seemed to be limited to driving within the city in free roam. Biking off-road, and driving in the less dense traffic beyond it was just fine.

But in the city center itself I was reminded of last gen, when there are times things run very smooth and then times when it starts to get a little chunkier, and so the driving and braking would feel inconsistent. The remaster is an improvement, but that aspect is still there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxzCRlH3BOw

Jhn

Does this game have a ton of input lag, or does the aim stick just have the weirdest acceleration curve in the history of games? I can't tell which one it is.

Regardless, it's really destroying my enjoyment of it...

I can't believe how much first person brings to this game, you really feel like your there now, everything it so much more intense.

I remember when GTAIV came out and the first time I jumped out of a car while i was moving,
It crashed into a hotdog stand and we all went flying through the air,
That along with a surround sound headset. it blew me away. one of them moments where i stopped and went
"i fucking love games, this is the future"

We'll I've got that feeling again experiencing this game in First person again.
Heres me playing though the first mission with lisa if you guys want some First Person footage.

Yes self advertising, hate it if its bad, sub if you like!

...also can't wait for Oculus Rift

antitrop

Hmm, is this something I need to go out of my way to do, or does it happen during the regular/side missions? If the latter, I'll risk the spoiler.

It's something you need to go out of your way to do. But there are a lot of opportunities to do it (27). It's a collectible-based side-quest.

It's really not a spoiler.

dreamfall

These foliage differences remind me specifically of the RDR comparisons and Mafia 2. But we've switched platform companies this go around!

Putty

Yes, the city driving is where i notice, but in the bigger scheme of things i can live with that!

antitrop

Does this game have a ton of input lag, or does the aim stick just have the weirdest acceleration curve in the history of games? I can't tell which one it is.

Regardless, it's really destroying my enjoyment of it...
I think it's both. The game is really designed around playing with the lock-on autoaim. Free aim isn't really a legit way to play the game, the mechanics don't hold up.

Maybe on the PC version with a mouse, though.

Binabik15

Explain to me garages, please. I said fuck it and bought the Grove Street garage and stuck the black whatever sports car I stole there.

Now, will it always be there? Even if it blows up? Because I like that car and wanna paint it matte black and drive it forever.

If it disappears, though, I don't want to take it out of the garage.

I got the blimp when I was inside the house and when I walked outside I got the bonus stuff for returning players. Before going outside I tried to sign in to social club and couldn't find where to do it. I went to the Facebook option in the menu and signed some new social club agreement which then seemed to get the social club stuff working automatically without signing in.

That did it, thanks!

Is it just me or do beards look significantly worse than last-gen? Franklin's doesn't look as full as I remember.

so is there a way to automatically go from first person to third person when getting into the car?

also what button do i press to bring up the gps when in the car...so i can quickly get directions to a simon or simeon of what ever his name is

MADGAME

Can someone comment on traffic diversity? When playing on PS3 the traffic seemed to be limited to a few vehicle models at a time (for the most part). This seemed more so while playing online.

I know traffic density was increased, but what about traffic diversity?

ssjali

Can someone comment on traffic diversity? When playing on PS3 the traffic seemed to be limited to a few vehicle models at a time (for the most part). This seemed more so while playing online.

It looks more diverse. Read that there are even pimped cars on the road now. Feels like there a more moterbikes and bicycles on the streets as well.

I can only speak from watching streams and vids, but they seem to have magically fixed that. Probably someone with the game can tell you if I'm wrong or not, but I never saw the same car spawning thing once in all the footage I've watched.

Czigga

Do you only get the bonus cash if you preordered the digital version? I had assumed if you preordered physical copy you'd be good to go...

Has anyone been able to overcome the issue with GTA Online not being able to transfer characters?

I'm hoping to play tonight and purge all of the cars I no longer want and buy a 9F and Adder.

Cavalier

Banned
I can't believe how much first person brings to this game, you really feel like your there now, everything it so much more intense.

I remember when GTAIV came out and the first time I jumped out of a car while i was moving,
It crashed into a hotdog stand and we all went flying through the air,
That along with a surround sound headset. it blew me away. one of them moments where i stopped and went
"i fucking love games, this is the future"

We'll I've got that feeling again experiencing this game in First person again.
Heres me playing though the first mission with lisa if you guys want some First Person footage.

Yes self advertising, hate it if its bad, sub if you like!

...also can't wait for Oculus Rift

I read from somewhere that there's an input lag when aiming in first person mode like from Killzone 2. Is this true?

MADGAME

It looks more diverse. Read that there are even pimped cars on the road now. Feels like there a more moterbikes and bicycles on the streets as well.

I can only speak from watching streams and vids, but they seem to have magically fixed that. Probably someone with the game can tell you if I'm wrong or not, but I never saw the same car spawning thing once in all the footage I've watched.

Thanks. I'll see for myself a bit later, wanted to see if I needed to prep myself to be disappointed or not. Sounds promising.

RdN

Has anyone been able to overcome the issue with GTA Online not being able to transfer characters?

I'm hoping to play tonight and purge all of the cars I no longer want and buy a 9F and Adder.

PS4 patch should be available now, But people are having issues getting it to download and install. Xbox One patch will be available tomorrow.

Fjordson

So the PS4 version looks good? Saw some of the earlier posts before work, muted colors and shit, really dampened my spirits brehs =[

Car details for an openworld game is also really great, interiors aswell. Soun on the car's is lacking but it doesn't bother me.

I only wish the car radio was louder. The music is so much better in this version, it's astonishing. I want to be able to rock it way harder than I currently can.

N° 2048

Do you only get the bonus cash if you preordered the digital version? I had assumed if you preordered physical copy you'd be good to go...

I think some people got a slip inside their case. but someone didn't on this thread then someone else mentioned that there are two SKUs. So you should have but maybe they gave you the regular SKU not the pre-order SKU.

Jhn

I think it's both. The game is really designed around playing with the lock-on autoaim. Free aim isn't really a legit way to play the game, the mechanics don't hold up.

Maybe on the PC version with a mouse, though.

Maybe it'll be more tolerable if I go full auto, thanks for the idea.

Oh yeah, can anyone who's looked in the LSC tell me what the deal is with neon underlights on the cars? I saw some guy with what looked like red lights on one of the early streams that was banned, and never since. Is it a customization feature or was I tripping balls.

N° 2048

Maybe it'll be more tolerable if I go full auto, thanks for the idea.

Free aim is indeed very very hard in this game and I'm pretty decent with Battlefield 4, Destiny, Halo MP.

Kind of fun though because in real life it's pretty damn hard to shoot someone exactly where you aim apparently.

Real world sim :p

PS4 patch should be available now, But people are having issues getting it to download and install. Xbox One patch will be available tomorrow.

What patch number is it? I just left out of my apartment to my class so I'm not on my pS4 (also nice AKK in your picture).

Top Bottom