• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
B2vrgZvIcAEPcSV.jpg:large

Amazing.

You can fly around the entire map. You can poop on people. I repeat, you can poop on people!

WHAT :O are you streaming? Show me the goods!

How is shooting so so so so terribly bad in first person mode. It is even worse than in third person which I didn't think was possible. There is a huge dead zone on the right analogue unlike with any PS4 game I have ever played. What FPS shooting settings is everyone using?
Would love to know this too. I keep fiddling with em but nothing seems quite right.

Where? I just want to make sure the game looks decent on Xbone before I go buy it
Don't forget its a social game, go with friends. It takes a team to forklift cows into a truck, load onto a plane, drive off plane, shoot them in midair, and then parachute back into another plane.

Can anyone confirm wildlife in GTA online? For some reason the game won't let me go online. Gives me a message to check me connection/or servers may be down.

shpankey

not an idiot
Framerate seems to to be very good but there are drops throughout, however for me, i've got a new 2104 Samsung TV so i'm using the MotionFlow option which really smooths things off! Dat 60fps feel!
Is that some kind of frame doubling tv thing? If so, you're best to turn it off as it only adds input lag to your control.

Jhn

About the online char transfer, I thought it was supposed to be fixed for PS4? Or does it count as xbox since I'll be transferring 360->PS4?

Transferred my character no problem and my 500k showed up immediately. Didn't know you can own a second apartment now. Seems like I still can't make a private lobby without starting from single-player, which is lame. Not that it's been a problem though because I've yet to run into a single soul in a public lobby...

Metfanant

I'd also love to see this.

I would do it myself...but Amazon still haven't delivered my copy. GRRRRR!

by Amazon I assume you mean UPS, or some other courier service that Amazon has absolutely ZERO control over?..

How dare Amazon not alter the previously designated delivery routes of the UPS driver!!

zeioIIDX

Fucking finally Jamiroquai get a song put in an open-world game!!! Alright is a great track and will be fun to do some nighttime driving to. Also love that Hive from Earl Sweatshirt is in as well. Gonna have to get this for PC.

The Llama

So I have ~$1m to spend in GTA:O ($500k imported from last gen, $500k from the preorder bonus), what should I spend it on? I don't really own anything except an apartment with a garage.

Transferred my character no problem and my 500k showed up immediately. Didn't know you can own a second apartment now. Seems like I still can't make a private lobby without starting from single-player, which is lame. Not that it's been a problem though because I've yet to run into a single soul in a public lobby...

Whoa. Hadn't heard that.

Had used the preorder code to get 1.000.000$ but I did get nothing. Anyone with the same problem?

There's probably a tiny download to do after redeeming the code to get the bonus. Did you do that?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yeah, I saw this and yet can't believe it. There's definitely inconsistency when driving through downtown.

Am starting to wonder whether missions with scripted road scenes might have a solid 30fps while the more dense and variable open world free roaming doesn't.

That or else its some kind of lag or judder. Something's up though.

This.

by Amazon I assume you mean UPS, or some other courier service that Amazon has absolutely ZERO control over?..

How dare Amazon not alter the previously designated delivery routes of the UPS driver!!

I guess so, but I ordered from Amazon, and Amazon gave me a delivery date...which they haven't stuck to. Who they use to deliver my parcel is of no concern to me, and it's not my fault if they fail to deliver my goods on time. I'll be expecting some sort of compensation for this.

That was my 'entitled consumer' impression.

But seriously, they said it would be here today. :(

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How is shooting so so so so terribly bad in first person mode. It is even worse than in third person which I didn't think was possible. There is a huge dead zone on the right analogue unlike with any PS4 game I have ever played. What FPS shooting settings is everyone using?

They are just plain bad at designing the actual core gameplay. They always have been.

Apparently a well-playing game just isn't a priority for them. They'd rather spend the day animating flip flops.

DrkSage

So I went to GameStop at 9:30am with a friend to see if I could get GTA V and if it wasn't for my friend I wouldn't be getting GTA V until next week. Thank god he knew the guy that was working the morning shift and he sold us a reserved copy to each of us. He said that he got around 107 preordes and he luckily had 2 spare copies.

Top Bottom