• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Foffy

Banned
Oh damn. Peyote collecting! This is a new addition right?

Seems to be.

Do we have a comprehensive list of all of the chunks of content this version has? Save for the double dipping stuff, Rockstar hasn't really stated what new things were added to the game in terms of actual playable content.

Alchemist

tumblr_lwobmpkPmB1r6aoq4o1_400.gif

Someone else transformed into a chicken.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pM8ItS60SQ

sw50sw8sw578.gif

I need to try this lol

That was added in a patch earlier this year. Its awesome.

I've been away from GTA Online for a while. Put in about 56 hours, but practically all of that would have been before I got my PS4 in January.

Huh, I wonder if there's a different strategy for apartment ownership now. I picked a centralized location first go round, but maybe it's better to have a couple on the outskirts or something.

Did they add any new apartments or apartment locations?

Anybody able to get into a lobby with people in it online?

Nope. I only ever care to play with friends but it's been bothering me. Must have tried like 5 lobbies now. I did get a job request from some random guy not in the lobby though. When I played GTA:O last gen, I would get all sorts of job requests from people not even in the lobby, maybe one every few seconds. It got really annoying and I had no idea what was causing it. Had to turn off all the notifications on the phone. I really hope that it doesn't come back. :/

Did they add any new apartments or apartment locations?

They did, but not in any new locations. Same high end buildings, different view with a different interior. A bit more costly.

shone237

Unconfirmed Member
They are just plain bad at designing the actual core gameplay. They always have been.

Apparently a well-playing game just isn't a priority for them. They'd rather spend the day animating flip flops.

I keep bringing this up but it seems everyone is to busy comparing XBox/PS4 graphics to talk about the still if not worse shitty controls.

free aim=reticles on ice

of all the praise the reviewers gave FPS mode, I'm pissed that not one mentions the floaty camera or slippery aiming.

Tainted

The game is looking really sharp on the PS4, loving the atmosphere in LS. I finished the story twice already on the 360 so I'm in no rush to do the story, just wandering around. the only time I do missions is when I run out of money lol

I envy those playing gtav for the first time around with this version, its absolutely beautiful

Metfanant

I'd also love to see this.

I would do it myself...but Amazon still haven't delivered my copy. GRRRRR!

I guess so, but I ordered from Amazon, and Amazon gave me a delivery date...which they haven't stuck to. Who they use to deliver my parcel is of no concern to me, and it's not my fault if they fail to deliver my goods on time. I'll be expecting some sort of compensation for this.

That was my 'entitled consumer' impression.

But seriously, they said it would be here today. :(

youre in the US I assume?...Amazon deliveries are almost exclusively handled by UPS for me...

UPS/Amazon guarantee delivery "by 8pm" on the delivery date...it almost always says that when I order something. It completely depends on where you are on a given delivery trucks route, and/or how busy that route is on that given day...

NOW, time for a little tidbit that might help you in the future...my UPS guy rarely gets to my house before 6-7pm...no good, especially for things you really want (like launch day delivery of the PS4!!) so here goes...

1. go to UPS.com
2. check where the nearest "Customer Center" is relative to you. That is where your package originates from when it goes "out for delivery."
3. Sign up for the free "My UPS" account on the website.
4. If said UPS Customer Center is reasonably close (mine is less than 3 miles from my house), once a package leaves Amazon's warehouse you can sign into your My UPS account and have the package held for "Will Call." Your package will not be put on a truck for delivery, and you can go pick it up yourself (at my Customer center it is M-F any time after 1pm)...so its perfect for me as I have to drive by UPS on my way home from work I pick up my packages there...

Putty

Is that some kind of frame doubling tv thing? If so, you're best to turn it off as it only adds input lag to your control.

I can live with that given how good i think it looks. Also, i've numerous top 10 times in DC using the same method so i'm happy enough. Also, i dont think its bad at all, watching Blu Rays theres no sync issues, and yes i don't mind the soap oera affect if i crank it up full.

<3 your GIFs.

But I love dat foliage even more. <3<3<3

Mmmmm nice!

Does this game have a ton of input lag, or does the aim stick just have the weirdest acceleration curve in the history of games? I can't tell which one it is.

Regardless, it's really destroying my enjoyment of it...

This is not good. Wtf?

I'm a little annoyed tbh. That city speeding was the one thing that was most noticeable last gen.

Also there is some jagginess?

Whats this speeding you speak?

it's very slight, not quite KZ2-level, and you get used to it quick. I'm playing with unassisted free aim and it's fuckin amazing

This is not good. Wtf? edit: how can it be amazing yet input delay. Its not like we can use KZ2 excuse of heavy weapons.

there is some slight input delay on the ps4 version and it's pissing me off a bit, and yes, my tv is fine

This is not good. Wtf?

B2vrgZvIcAEPcSV.jpg:large

Amazing.

You can fly around the entire map. You can poop on people. I repeat, you can poop on people!

Seagull Simulator. Based R* deliver.

Whats this speeding you speak?

There is still fps drop when driving fast which is what was most annoying for me in PS3 version, so it's sad that it's still there.

Does this game have a ton of input lag, or does the aim stick just have the weirdest acceleration curve in the history of games? I can't tell which one it is.

Regardless, it's really destroying my enjoyment of it...

Can be adjusted.

GHG

Gold Member
So I just tried to fire this up after i had about 6gb downloaded. Now it's stuck on an "installing" page with pictures and music but it's not moving from 0%.

Is this normal...?

So much for playing while the rest of the game downloads.

Metfanant

I can live with that given how good i think it looks. Also, i've numerous top 10 times in DC using the same method so i'm happy enough. Also, i dont think its bad at all, watching Blu Rays theres no sync issues, and yes i don't mind the soap oera affect if i crank it up full.

put-that-evil-on-me.gif

They did, but not in any new locations. Same high end buildings, different view with a different interior. A bit more costly.

Thanks, I looked them up.

http://gta.wikia.com/Safehouses_in_GTA_Online

The new high-end apartments don't sound all that fantastic, but the ability to own two apartments is definitely nice. Don't think I'll give up my pad on Alta Street, but I'll supplement it with one somewhere else on the map.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
My update is actually downloading now but it's ridiculously slow even by PSN standards. I'm too afraid to play the game while it downloads just in case it makes it get the dl error again.

Thanks, I looked them up.

http://gta.wikia.com/Safehouses_in_GTA_Online

The new high-end apartments don't sound all that fantastic, but the ability to own two apartments is definitely nice. Don't think I'll give up my pad on Alta Street, but I'll supplement it with one somewhere else on the map.

Yeah. The interiors aren't even that great but being able to have another 10 car garage in a good location is nice.

I'm surprised there are 27 varieties of animals in the game to begin with.

Does the game have a zoo?
I'm surprised there isn't one. Would have been neat to have seen a zoo and an aquarium. Imagine bursting the shark tank and having the shark chomp away at people that were observing.

Tookay

I wonder how many threads on NeoGAF and news articles would this comparison got if this was Ubisoft or EA game?
I'm constantly amazed at how indifferent everyone was to the obvious downgrade.

I guess it helps that this game is actually good so that mitigates the deception a bit.

Sky Chief

I keep bringing this up but it seems everyone is to busy comparing XBox/PS4 graphics to talk about the still if not worse shitty controls.

free aim=reticles on ice

of all the praise the reviewers gave FPS mode, I'm pissed that not one mentions the floaty camera or slippery aiming.

Please, does anyone have some suggested FPS settings?

IMO the problem has nothing to do with lag but rather there is a huge dead zone in the middle of the right analog. Try just pushing the right analog around slightly in any direction and nothing will register at all. It's not lag and IMO having such a huge dead zone is even worse than laggy controls.

Great to come back to the game but I'm definitely looking forward to the PC version. IQ is still pretty poor and there's an FXAA like smear over the image. Still., looks miles above the PS3 version.

The Llama

Yeah, I saw this and yet can't believe it. There's definitely inconsistency when driving through downtown.

Am starting to wonder whether missions with scripted road scenes might have a solid 30fps while the more dense and variable open world free roaming doesn't.

That or else its some kind of lag or judder. Something's up though.

Definitely agreed. Seems like something they'd be able to fix in a patch, if they really wanted to, though.

N° 2048

This thread is about the Next Gen version, so much whining about the PS3 version...

PS4 version looks great and the gameplay was always a blast in the last gen and still is in the next gen version.

Sky Chief

Great to come back to the game but I'm definitely looking forward to the PC version. IQ is still pretty poor and there's an FXAA like smear over the image. Still., looks miles above the PS3 version.

Yeah, I was going to wait for PC to take advantage of the inevitable Oculus Rift hack but that Target trade in deal was too tempting.

Flunkie

Banned
OMG Standard FPS 2 control scheme is perfect. Well, about as perfect as you can get. I'd switch reload and take cover (square and circle) but everything else is perfect. X to sprint is a GTA staple but feels archaic now. This fixes is.

What kind of targeting mode are you guys using? Assisted Full feels too much like I'm cheating and won't condition me for GTAO, so I've set it on Free Aim Assisted.

Top Bottom