• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

suupabuu

Banned
I transferred my character around 9:30 am last night.

The problems I'm having now are networking issues and empty player lobbies.

ShinAmano

Outside of the grass are the ps4 and xb1 comparable? I have the xb1 version as I have more friends with xb1...but open to playing on ps4 if the difference is huge. Mostly concerned with overall quality...but character models would be number 1 on the list.

Outside of the grass are the ps4 and xb1 comparable? I have the xb1 version as I have more friends with xb1...but open to playing on ps4 if the difference is huge. Mostly concerned with overall quality...but character models would be number 1 on the list.

I'd go with where my friends are over graphical advantages any day.

shandy706

15636629120_ca63af1d3f_o.jpg

The foliage enthusiast in me is disappointed.

N° 2048

Don't I have to be a pretty high level to afford a lot of guns? I think I'm only like level 7 or something. Whats the easiest/fastest way to level up?

Ahh I see, I only got to level 16 rofl

I don't know the fastest way but I'm going to look it up soon.

Branson

People who are used to playing cockpit view in sim racing, how does the fp view feel in this? That's all I use in racing games.

cackhyena

Which part are you taking issue with? Because I agree with him - it never has been about the shooting.
It's up to you to excuse the shooting or character mechanics because you enjoy so much of the rest. I don't. I don't think it's right to say this game that has an arsenal at your disposal and is used in nearly every mission you go on, or at the very least, a large majority, has never been about the shooting. It's been a big part at the very least. Still a great game with some flaws.

shandy706

People who are used to playing cockpit view in sim racing, how does the fp view feel in this? That's all I use in racing games.

Cars turn on a dime, you can be flying and make a turn if you just brake a little.

They drive like you're turning a person...not much weight...even in larger vehicles. You won't "feel" the car like you do in sims.

I had to get used to them turning way too easy.

Same here, I couldn't find how to change it in the options.

GTA online appears markedly better than than PS3 version, I may put some time into this.
There's an option on the menus to independently change camera views. You want that option on Yes. That show make it so that whatever you choose for each method keeps it that way.
Hey where can you Change the fov?
Under controls. Only on foot though for some reason.

Lrrr

Does anyone have any tips for GTA Online? Is there anything I should focus spending my money on or avoid at the start. Thanks!

Save your money for an apartment with a garage and buy a car. When you buy that car, forget about superfluous aesthetics like paint jobs and rims. Buy bulletproof tires and upgrade your cars engine and such so when you do missions, getting away from the cops is a lot easier.

Also, always save a little money for weapons and ammo. You're going to need them especially if you do the survival mode.

Forsythia

There's an option on the menus to independently change camera views. You want that option on Yes. That show make it so that whatever you choose for each method keeps it that way.

Under controls. Only on foot though for some reason.

Thanks, will check that out as soon as I can play again!

Firstperson mode is great... on foot. Any way to default the camera to thirdperson in a vehicle?

Settings --> Display --> Allow Independent Camera Views. Set this option to ON and the camera automatically switches from first to third (or third to first) for vehicles.

It's quite annoying. That shuddering was my biggest problem with last gen. More so than pop-in and 720p.
before you conclude anything on shudder
- make sure your console is not doing anything in the background
- go offline if necessary just to see
- try night time
- ignore it for a few single player missions, then see if it is the same.
- try online mode

i was convinced the ps3 edition optimised itself after playing, the driving judder in SP was unbearable for a while, then it mostly went away leaving just normal frame rate dips during action. Perhaps it did not and something else explained it, but its a big complex game so let it warm up so to speak.

Ammogeddon

So does the PS4 version look good? Some early posts in here were a bit lukewarm.

What I would say is manage your expectations, it is built on a last gen game, and there are still some jaggies. Nonetheless R* have done a great job remastering it, the lighting is especially fantastic.

If you like GTA I would definitely recommend a revisit to Los Santos.

I'm finding it hard, some of the cars are too twitchy for the view sadly. I have found the slower, larger cars more enjoyable to drive in that view. It would help if your head didn't automatically centre because I find the view in some situations too narrow. It's a shame because it was the one thing I have always wanted in a Gta game, and it's almost there... Almost.

Edit: The motorbikes though are amazing in this view, it really is butt clenching.

Branson

Cars turn on a dime, you can be flying and make a turn if you just brake a little.

They drive like you're turning a person...not much weight...even in larger vehicles. You won't "feel" the car like you do in sims.

I had to get used to them turning way too easy.

Hmm. Ok. That seems a little weird. I've played through the PS3 version I was just curious. Going to pick it up from target tonight after work for $30.

Branson

I'm finding it hard, some of the cars are too twitchy for the view sadly. I have found the slower, larger cars more enjoyable to drive in that view. It would help if your head didn't automatically centre because I find the view in some situations too narrow. It's a shame because it was the one thing I have always wanted in a Gta game, and it's almost there... Almost.
Yeah I've always wanted it too. Still seems cool even if its not perfect.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Been trying for two hours to jump online, times out every time. Can only do solo sessions. Any ideas?

yeah can't get online too.. looks like that feature from last gen was remastered as well ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dartastic

Is there a way to start downloading the patches for this game remotely so I don't have to stick the disk in and wait for it to note I have the game, download it, then install?

Also, Dragon Age and GTA V take up 100 gigs of space. Holy fucking shit.

So does the PS4 version look good? Some early posts in here were a bit lukewarm.
It looks like a PS3 game with a better frame rate, at 1080p, with slightly more detail, less pop-in, and a bit more new stuff. But it still shows it's cross-gen roots imo. Not that that is a bad thing, as it was amazing how good it looked on the old consoles. If anything it's a testament to what Rockstar managed to do with such limited hardware.

Top Bottom