• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

SMZC

I've honestly been very disappointed that the manual aim mode in here is still garbage, just as it was in the last-gen versions. The topic of the thread is fun and all, and overall I probably prefer Rockstar's game, but after playing Watch Dogs it's really difficult for me to go back to GTA's broken aiming and shooting mechanics, and auto-aiming is just lame.

Are you allowed to change your Online character's name or is it a one time thing?
You can rename at any point, any number of times.

Edit: based on PS3 / Xbox 360 versions. I know they've made a lot of changes to Online character creation in PS4 and Xbone, doubt being able to rename is one of the changes though.

Anybody else having issues with the game in terms of performance on PS4 (physical copy)? I installed it and the first mission was completely glitched, the textures were all missing and the game kept freezing for about 5 seconds every minute or so.

I restarted the PS4 and the texture glitching and freezing is gone, but the game seems way below 30 FPS. My PS4 fan is going nuts too...overheating?

cackhyena

Anybody else having issues with the game in terms of performance on PS4 (physical copy)? I installed it and the first mission was completely glitched, the textures were all missing and the game kept freezing for about 5 seconds every minute or so.

I restarted the PS4 and the texture glitching and freezing is gone, but the game seems way below 30 FPS. My PS4 fan is going nuts too...overheating?
That...doesn't sound good. I'd boot up another game and see if the system is getting taxed as badly.

You can rename at any point, any number of times.

Edit: based on PS3 / Xbox 360 versions. I know they've made a lot of changes to Online character creation in PS4 and Xbone, doubt being able to rename is one of the changes though.
Thanks! Does anyone else know if you can change the character's name at any time for Online?

Huffing Gas

15637423150_7ca491febd_c.jpg

Increased traffic's legit. Some intersections seem kinda the same, but then you'll hit certain areas and can really see the improvements.

5xcq9W.jpg

2p7Nz5.jpg

1OHf2U.jpg

Also parking lots

qnxWz9.jpg

AmyS

Questions as someone with very little experience with GTA V.

I redeemed the PSN code for the $1M that's meant to be split 50% SP / 50% Online and also did the character transfer from PS3 to PS4, it said transfer completed.

Where do I look to see if I've indeed got the cash ? Also what about the exclusive content for returning players?

I did play a little bit Online on PS3 about 2 weeks ago and also completed the prologue and several missions.

Are these things not working yet, or more likely, or I just don't know what I'm doing yet as I haven't played much on last-gen.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't think it's possible to have shittier analog settings than what's available here.

I mean do these devs even play games? There is a combination of high acceleration and a huge deadzone on the stick. It's literally the worst possible combination.

And not something you can fix with a global "sensitivity".

What is so hard about getting the damn analog settings in an optimal state. What on the to-do list has higher priority than that?

Furyous

Is there an easier way to shoot while driving on the ps4? That retrieve the yacht mission is difficult to pass because I have to slow down, aim then shoot.

I don't think it's possible to have shittier analog settings than what's available here.

I mean do these devs even play games? There is a combination of high acceleration and a huge deadzone on the stick. It's literally the worst possible combination.

And not something you can fix with a global "sensitivity".

What is so hard about getting the damn analog settings in an optimal state. What on the to-do list has higher priority than that?

Again, there is almost no deadzone, what you are feeling is just huge input delay.

torontoml

How do I lock my car in GTA online on Ps4? Where's that menu?
There's an option to set vehicle access to everyone, crew and friends, no one. Should be in that little pop up window. Haven't played online in awhile but it should still be the same I think.

mbmonk

As of right now are there any game breaking issues for the X1 version? Like MP not working, saves getting lost, etc.?

I am thinking about ordering the physical disk and just wanted to see if there are any known issues. I will not be transferring over an existing GTA5 character if that is of any relevance to the topic at hand.

Is there an easier way to shoot while driving on the ps4? That retrieve the yacht mission is difficult to pass because I have to slow down, aim then shoot.

same as the original game: do it in 3rd person, get that dot out, try to find where it is in the 1080p, then get it over the guy, and pull the trigger - its pretty forgiving for a hit - and don't forget to keep steering the car.

Guymelef

It's only for me or you only hear phone sounds (buttons push, etc...) if the sound settings is set in "headphones"? (PS4 version)

RdN

As of right now are there any game breaking issues for the X1 version? Like MP not working, saves getting lost, etc.?

I am thinking about ordering the physical disk and just wanted to see if there are any known issues. I will not be transferring over exist GTA5 characters if that is of any relevance to the topic at hand.

Online is wonky on both platforms right now, and you can't import your character if you haven't played in 2014 (Rockstar said it should be fixed by tomorrow), but no game breaking stuff.

Darknight

Hey I just bought this but still feel salty about the "Returning Players" bonuses. Whatever the case, can you not unlock those things or buy them later in the game or are they 100% exclusive to returning players? Just wondering and dont mean to derail. Im pissed the only redbox with a PS3 copy is far as fuck from me or my job. Want to see if that shit is worth it or not.

mbmonk

Online is wonky on both platforms right now, and you can't import your character if you haven't played in 2014 (Rockstar said it should be fixed by tomorrow), but no game breaking stuff.

Thank you for the information RdN. :) I appreciate it.

Gustav

Banned
There's an option to set vehicle access to everyone, crew and friends, no one. Should be in that little pop up window. Haven't played online in awhile but it should still be the same I think.

It was in on the select button. Ps4 doesn't have one though. :(

Top Bottom