• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Nokterian

Me playing on PS4.

tumblr_inline_nf7yuzfzlJ1r31oon.gif

Fucking beautiful!

Nokterian

Anybody else having issues with the game in terms of performance on PS4 (physical copy)? I installed it and the first mission was completely glitched, the textures were all missing and the game kept freezing for about 5 seconds every minute or so.

I restarted the PS4 and the texture glitching and freezing is gone, but the game seems way below 30 FPS. My PS4 fan is going nuts too...overheating?

No problems here did the first mission had a few hitches in framerate but overall it looks and plays great. And i have a physical copy. I think this has to do with your PS4 that doesn't sound good at all what is happening over there.

a916

That just defeats the purpose of playing it like a first person shooter then. I'll just wait until they patch it up. I'll buy this later.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope... that input lag has existed in the PS3 version since launch last year. It's very evident when you can turn left, drop your controller, wait a second and then watch your car start to turn left.

This game really makes you realize how small the PS4's hard drive really is. Only a year in and I'm already making hard decisions about what to delete. I'd love to delete BF4 but it's over 50 gigs. If I ever want to play it on a whim, there's no way to download it and all the map packs quickly.

Made the tough decision to delete The Last of Us. Forty-four gigs of that game is a lot.

Eventually I'm just going to have to get a bigger hard drive. Maybe even sooner than I expected.

Certinty

I've had Sunset Overdrive, AC Unity and CoD AW since their launches and I have already put more hours into this than any of them.

Best game ever made.

Portugeezer

So, how does autosave work?

I done a manual save, but when I loaded the game later it seemed to load the autosave (maybe I am wrong, but it seemed like it)?

This game really makes you realize how small the PS4's hard drive really is. Only a year in and I'm already making hard decisions about what to delete. I'd love to delete BF4 but it's over 50 gigs. If I ever want to play it on a whim, there's no way to download it and all the map packs quickly.

Made the tough decision to delete The Last of Us. Forty-four gigs of that game is a lot.

Eventually I'm just going to have to get a bigger hard drive. Maybe even sooner than I expected.

I can imagine it being frustrating if you buy a lot digitally. I buy mostly physical so it's easy to delete knowing if I ever do want to play again I can install quickly rather than download 50GB, but I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to hard drive space. Even if I have 100GB free, I like to make sure I have more.

Darknight

Ok I got a weird request. Anyone willing to help me get the bonus content? Say I made a new Social Club account (I dont have one) and then give one of you nice fellows the details. Then you play the intro of GTA5 on PS3/360 just so that I can get the bonuses? Pleaasshhhh?? LOL I know its ridiculous but my redbox is really far from me just to do this :(

Vespene

This wouldn't be a problem if Sony's servers were as fast as Steam's...

I recently downloaded all of Civ BE in less than 3 minutes. It's crazy.

I wouldn't hold out too much hope... that input lag has existed in the PS3 version since launch last year. It's very evident when you can turn left, drop your controller, wait a second and then watch your car start to turn left.

I can drive around at top speed in Michaels car in first person and fit through gaps in traffic and gaps in opposing traffic at red light intersections without braking - steering using little nudges.

I'm not sure how that would be possible with any input lag especially as bad as you suggest it is.

In FPS aiming however I'm not sure whether they've hooked the gun sight to the motion of the hand, in which case things might be different.

Daffy Duck

When can I get the hatchet/rail gun from ammunition?

I'm a returning player and my content from the LE (stunt plane trials) is showing but the weapons are out of stock.

Might have been in last gen version can't remember, but was genuinely surprised seeing a huge shadow from a plane drape across the countryside as I was toolin around out there. Lovin this game all over again, love the new radio additions, it's all just so much fun to take in again especially in first person.

I can imagine it being frustrating if you buy a lot digitally. I buy mostly physical so it's easy to delete knowing if I ever do want to play again I can install quickly rather than download 50GB, but I also have a bit of OCD when it comes to hard drive space. Even if I have 100GB free, I like to make sure I have more.

Actually, yeah, I've bought almost everything digitally. But I'm done with that now. GTA V is the first game in a long time that I bought the physical copy, and it's for the exact reason you said.

I wish there was a way to remove the cops. Can't go doing anything since they are always hot on you.

You can always enter the cheat that lowers your Wanted Level:
(PS4) R1, R1, Circle, R2, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left
(XB1) RB(2), B, RT, Right, Left, Right, Left, Right, Left

Source

Cavalier

Banned

Considering the fact that first person view is the main selling point, I hope they change their mind.

Fuzyfrog

Uhh so the preorder money...

They credited 500k to Franklin and Michael and nothing to my online and then the money Michael had disappeared. so uhh yea.... Dont care about the single player money but whats happening with the online money?

Yeah I had to delete some stuff before I could install GTA. I decided to delete all the installs from games I have on disc which was only two of them but I need to go ahead and get a new hard drive. Hopefully I'll be able to get a deal on one around Black Friday. I'm gonna hate downloading all those games again

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I just played a bit. Damn, it looks great. How the hell am I going to split time between this, Inquisition, and WoW!?

Daffy Duck

Also, last question, anyone with the LE not had the weapons unlock in SP?

I can't get the hammer/bull pup shotgun or pistol for free, so they unlock after a certain time to? I swear they were available straight away on 360.

I put in a 1TB at launch and I only have 110 GB left.

Sucks man :(

Edit: I should say though this is partly why I stayed physical this gen. I can delete any game off my HDD that I haven't played in a while, and if I decide to play it again I can just pop the disc in and be playing in like 60 seconds.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Huge amount of input delay ?, so shooting/aiming in first person mode is shit then ?

There's a big deadzone... you can push the stick over quite a bit without moving anything onscreen. That's not input delay, that's deadzone. Combined with high acceleration, it makes for hot garbage analog controls.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haven't even strayed from the hip hop stations, and I'm still so impressed with the new songs.

Bow Down by Westside Connection. Love the little touch of the artist and song displaying on some car interiors too.
There's a big deadzone... you can push the stick over quite a bit without moving anything onscreen. That's not input delay, that's deadzone. Combined with high acceleration, it makes for hot garbage analog controls.

Hot garbage is complete hyperbole.

Even after playing Unity on PC and seeing that incredible GI I'm still wowed by what R* was able to do with the lighting here, standing on a grassy knoll overlooking Los Santos and watching a sunset...so good.

15strong

I heard that you can trade your ps3 version of gta V and get 30 dollars off the ps4 version at target. Is this true and do I just bring in my old copy to the electronic section?

Top Bottom