• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

SRTtoZ

GTA5 on PS4 has landed. WTF is in this box? Its so heavy compared to DA:I? A full size map? Jesus.

Oh ok, it was a map.

cakely

So I'm playing with first-person mode, I'm using the "Standard FPS" scheme.

Running seems a bit difficult. Is it push forward on the left stick and then hold it in? Is there a mode with ADS on LT and then sprint set to another button?

I heard that you can trade your ps3 version of gta V and get 30 dollars off the ps4 version at target. Is this true and do I just bring in my old copy to the electronic section?

Trade ins are done at stores that have a "Target mobile" section in electronics. Make sure your store has one. They print out a coupon you have to use then and there for GTA on PS4 or Xbox One

Even after playing Unity on PC and seeing that incredible GI I'm still wowed by what R* was able to do with the lighting here, standing on a grassy knoll overlooking Los Santos and watching a sunset...so good.

I did a manual save from Franklin's bedroom and the sunlight was peeking through his blinds onto his shirt and it just looked awesome.

Daffy Duck

Does the driving seem too floaty for others too? You steer and the car seems to just twitch too easily.

Don't remember it being like that.

Does the driving seem too floaty for others too? You steer and the car seems to just twitch too easily.

I read somewhere (might have been GT stream yesterday) that driving in first person is a lot more sensitive than you might expect.

Feels the same from what I remember, coming from 360

Number45

I put in a 1TB at launch and I only have 110 GB left.

Sucks man :(

Edit: I should say though this is partly why I stayed physical this gen. I can delete any game off my HDD that I haven't played in a while, and if I decide to play it again I can just pop the disc in and be playing in like 60 seconds.
Except for this game. First PS4 game I've played where I've had to wait for an install on launch.

jts

...hate me...

I wish there was an option to have GTA IV's driving physics. Then it would be game of forever.

The city looks so good at night. All the lighting pops so much more.

u7xv1c.jpg

F061cv.jpg

CHi057.jpg

zy1uYl.jpg

MGfJnx.jpg

JNZtP6.jpg

9VP6s0.jpg

0Qj0k8.jpg

XExPPe.jpg

Hystzen

Complete Franklin's
"Paparazzo: The Sex Tape"
mission and you'll get a text and email in-game about it.

Ahh thanks also you only need do first mission in that chain. Just got email straight away after resting in house.

Now to find a Pug and take picture of it

Anion

My gosh the suspend resume is simply so useful in this game...
I couldn't have imagined playing this game in short bits

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

The game has an adaptive gameplay trait where the better you drive, the better the cars will handle over time as the characters' ability to drive improves. Just give it a little time and the handling tightens up.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Is it just me though or is the frame rate not quite 30FPS (PS4)? It's a bit better than the PS3 game...but I don't think it's consistently running at 30.

SheHateMe

Also, last question, anyone with the LE not had the weapons unlock in SP?

I can't get the hammer/bull pup shotgun or pistol for free, so they unlock after a certain time to? I swear they were available straight away on 360.

Mines unlocked immediately. The Blimp, the cars, and the guns.

Try logging out and then logging back in. I came over from 360 to PS4, if that helps.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, I didn't realize it was going to take a week and a half to install from the disc on PS4.

I'd cancel my preorder but I am currently installing from the disc so it's no longer a preorder. Putting my PS4 up on craigslist now.

rbanke

Played about an hour (ps4) and man there is jaggies and shimmering galore. I was immediately surprised how bad the image quality was compared to what I've been seeing. Stand still and it looks ok but the second you start moving it looks pretty bad. This was my biggest complaint on the PS3 and figured that would be gone here. Watched the Giant Bomb quicklook and didn't notice it there so it was pretty jarring to see. Also have had several areas of the city that were really low framerate. I'm not really seeing anyone else complain about this though. I'm patched to 1.02.

vesvci

Banned
Wow, I didn't realize it was going to take a week and a half to install from the disc on PS4.

I'd cancel my preorder but I am currently installing from the disc so it's no longer a preorder. Putting my PS4 up on craigslist now.

It took me less than 10 minutes to install on my PS4. Downloading the update, took longer. Total of 20 minutes, after update.

Huh?
Price match Amazon and Ill buy it for $90.00

There's a big deadzone... you can push the stick over quite a bit without moving anything onscreen. That's not input delay, that's deadzone. Combined with high acceleration, it makes for hot garbage analog controls.

Are you on PS4? ps4 has nearly no deadzone at all, just huge input delay.

Muffdraul

Still waiting to go home and play (er, install) but am disappointed to see some pics that demonstrate how bad the cockpit cam is in certain cars. Sometimes so low you literally can't see the road over the dashboard. Hope they address that in a patch, I really want to play through the whole game in first person.

Daffy Duck

Hahahaha I just got into my car and Lenny logins danger zone was on and Michael was bopping and shaking his head in the car.

Love the little touches.

First person is awesome. Crashed into someone and in my headlights saw him flick me off. I got mad and shot his window out. Lol. Also I tried online and it crashed my game.

Hazanko

Banned
Played about an hour (ps4) and man there is jaggies and shimmering galore. I was immediately surprised how bad the image quality was compared to what I've been seeing. Stand still and it looks ok but the second you start moving it looks pretty bad. This was my biggest complaint on the PS3 and figured that would be gone here. Watched the Giant Bomb quicklook and didn't notice it there so it was pretty jarring to see. Also have had several areas of the city that were really low framerate. I'm not really seeing anyone else complain about this though. I'm patched to 1.02.

Nah it's definitely something i'm not happy about. I'd prefer better IQ over grass.

Hystzen

Goddamn the sensitive R2 button, put controller down to answer phone and Franklin kicks a poodle walking past...feel like such a prick kicking a dog

The Llama

It feels pretty rough in the city at times.

Yeah that's been my experience. It's kind of weird. Outside of the city it's great, and there are places in the city where it's great. But driving through a lot of it definitely seems to drop it into the mid 20's or so.

On another note, maybe I'm the only one, but I actually think the AA in the game is great. I haven't really noticed much aliasing, certainly nothing annoying.

burnfout

Driving around blasting Carry on my wayward son and Tennis Court, just awesomeness.

After two hours the fog and muted colors seem to disappear, looking great in the sunlight and at night.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i have a simple question about GTA Online: Does it have the insane auto aim from the Red Dead redemption multiplayer? I fucking hated that crap it was ridiculous you could stick your aim so easily it kinda broke the game for me. I'm only asking because i actually never managed to get into the online part last gen and i'm curious.

Transferred my character correctly. Now I'm just trying to figure out how can I sell my old vehicles I no longer want? And can I sell my apartment before I even buy a new one?

I want to upgrade my apartment, get an Adder, 9F and upgrade my gun collections.

first person makes me drive in accordance to real life laws lol. I can't take getting a new whhiip and scratching it thanks to sloppy driving.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So i have a simple question about GTA Online: Does it have the insane auto aim from the Red Dead redemption multiplayer? I fucking hated that crap it was ridiculous you could stick your aim so easily it kinda broke the game for me. I'm only asking because i actually never managed to get into the online part last gen and i'm curious.
On PS3 it matched you with others using your aim preference. So if you used free aim you played with other free aim players. I assume it's the same on PS4.

The Llama

When playing online, has anyone been able to do free roam with other people? Every time I start up my game, I'm by myself. I can do jobs with other people, but not just the free roam thing.

apowhungo

is anyone else having save game problems?

started it up last night, beat a bunch of missions then decided i want to go back and gold status them as i complete them.. played one mission then when it tried to load back i get LOADING FAILED, SAVE CORRUPT and puts me back at the prologue mission....

scared to even continue playing let alone replay missions.

Top Bottom