• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I don't think it's possible to have shittier analog settings than what's available here.

I mean do these devs even play games? There is a combination of high acceleration and a huge deadzone on the stick. It's literally the worst possible combination.
A question I keep asking myself. How the hell do these stick settings become standard? When they play their own game this feels right to them? No playtesting feedback made them want to tweak the controller?

This is definitely one area were Watch_Dogs leaves GTA in the dust. Movement and shooting is a million times better than this. GTA controls are functional, but its hard to have pure fun in the shootouts when wrestling the controls requires as much attention as it does.

Vespene

So i have a simple question about GTA Online: Does it have the insane auto aim from the Red Dead redemption multiplayer? I fucking hated that crap it was ridiculous you could stick your aim so easily it kinda broke the game for me. I'm only asking because i actually never managed to get into the online part last gen and i'm curious.

In my experience online, the auto-aim is alright when aiming someone on foot but it's really sticky if you're aiming at an incoming driver.

The Llama

A question I keep asking myself. How the hell do these stick settings become standard? When they play their own game this feels right to them? No playtesting feedback made them want to tweak the controller?

This is definitely one area were Watch_Dogs leaves GTA in the dust. Movement and shooting is a million times better than this. GTA controls are functional, but its hard to have pure fun in the shootouts when the controls require as much attention as they do.

Yeah, the gunplay in Watch_Dogs was surprisingly pretty amazing.

Is the tank worth buying? Not sure if I should save up for it or a jet.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's a clean image given the AA used (i.e., it's not blurry like some AA solutions) but l wish they would have adapted a temporal solution like Second Son to reduce that shimmer.

I really like first person driving. Kicking a cat dead in first person was strangely satisfying.

Gibran7

Is there a good sensitivity setting for the fps mode? I find it to be all over the place. It's starts slow and then accelerates making it very difficult to aim.

maneil99

It's a clean image given the AA used (i.e., it's not blurry like some AA solutions) but l wish they would have adapted a temporal solution like Second Son to reduce that shimmer.

I really like first person driving. Kicking a cat dead in first person was strangely satisfying.
What the fuck

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

This is definitely one area were Watch_Dogs leaves GTA in the dust. Movement and shooting is a million times better than this. GTA controls are functional, but its hard to have pure fun in the shootouts when wrestling the controls requires as much attention as it does.
Baby steps. We'll get there eventually. Just remember this is the sequel to GTA IV. In comparison the gunplay is amazing. But yeah hopefully one day Rockstar will actually get this right and not just by GTA standards. For christ sake just copy Max Payne 3 gunplay. Which to be fair they sort of tried to do.

rawd

When does my 500k show up in my account.. I figured I'd get it after the first Franklin mission when I get to his house for the first time but i have only ~$300.. And I installed the pre-order bonus patch before even starting the game

todahawk

God damn it didn't make it to eb on time :( I knew I should have went digital

PSN is chugging on the DL speeds though. I was a little late pre-ordering (early yesterday evening) and I'm still not done. I was at 38% this morning before work and now I'm at 91%. Getting close but damn...

Muffdraul

Online or offline? If offline, you can just steal a jet from the army base and store it, so buy tank. If online, tank. Definitely tank.

I know that never worked for me, and I remember a lot of outcry about it. Steal a fighter from the base, fly it back to your hanger, but it wouldn't save it. Seemed to me that was how it worked with all aircraft, you could never steal them and save them, you had to buy them if you wanted to keep them. Did they patch that at some point?

Hystzen

Only 2 more dogs left take pictures of, the Pug and border collie. Then time move into the desert and forest for more dangerous animals

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
On PS3 it matched you with others using your aim preference. So if you used free aim you played with other free aim players. I assume it's the same on PS4.

It seems fucking insane to me have separate aiming preference playlists, couldn't rockstar have an auto aim that is reasonable for all people like some other games?

In my experience online, the auto-aim is alright when aiming someone on foot but it's really sticky if you're aiming at an incoming driver.

Very interesting, i think i can live with that.

Man the the new songs they have added really makes this game 100x more enjoyable when driving and my money and character all transfered over pretty smoothly.

16BitNova

I really wish I could make a thread.

It really needs to be addressed that the way games are being released now days is NOT ok. Unity has horrible technical issues. Halo MCC matchmaking is broken. And now I can't seem to find any matches or lobbies in GTA Online. What the hell is going on? These companies need to stop releasing games in this state.

For single player, you shouldn't need a Day 1 patch. The name alone frustrates me. A game should never need a patch on day 1. That just means you know your releasing an incomplete game. For fucks sake, just delay the game a week or so and ship out a complete product. And as for multiplayer, this is inexcusable, if you know online is a big portion of your game then beta test it! Look at how smooth the Destiny launch was because of this.

I'm tired of buying these games and not being able to play them how I want or when I want. "We'll release a patch this and release a patch that". Just release a complete working game! You call this next gen gaming, when in reality the days of N64 and PS1 did things better when it comes to QUALITY.

Again I post this here because I can't make threads, and the latest quality issue I have is with GTA V and the fact that I get timed out looking for a lobby and haven't been able to find a match all day. And no it's not my connection.

BokehKing

Banned
downloaded off psn no problem, but now it's 'installing' in game and going slow as all hell, what's up with that?

It froze at 28 percent and I had to start over, it sat at 28% for like 30 minutes

(PS4)

my pre order bonus cash showed up under franklin but not michael, had to switch characters to see it.
also had to hit the download link from the store, and got an in game notification.

Krakn3Dfx

Went to the Target by my place and they said they couldn't offer the $30 trade-in on my PS3 copy to upgrade because they weren't a "mobile Target". The lady working the electronics counter didn't give up on me though and talked a manager into knocking $30 off the price. The kicker is that since they didn't officially support it, she said I could keep my PS3 copy, which just happens to be a Steelcase edition.

Installing now, can't wait.

todahawk

downloaded off psn no problem, but now it's 'installing' in game and going slow as all hell, what's up with that?

It froze at 28 percent and I had to start over, it sat at 28% for like 30 minutes

(PS4)

The 'installing' means it's actually downloading the rest in the background. Go back to the main menu and hit options on GTA V and then info. You'll see how much you actually have to download yet. Sorry dude.

BokehKing

Banned
The 'installing' means it's actually downloading the rest in the background. Go back to the main menu and hit options on GTA V and then info. You'll see how much you actually have to download yet. Sorry dude.

yeah but does this mean that I can put the ps4 in rest mode or do I have to let it stay on this screen to download?
I was so looking foward to all that new foliage today, ugh....

thank you for the condolenes though, back to Warcraft I guess

Raptor

I mean, this is not even on par with RDR?

I'm so disappointed that my copy didn't arrive today. I was like a kid at Christmas this morning, then my expectation of it arriving slowly dropped throughout the day. And now I'm sitting here, at midnight, on GAF, instead of playing GTA like I should be doing.

Someone hold me.

I really wish I could make a thread.

It really needs to be addressed that the way games are being released now days is NOT ok. Unity has horrible technical issues. Halo MCC matchmaking is broken. And now I can't seem to find any matches or lobbies in GTA Online. What the hell is going on? These companies need to stop releasing games in this state.

For single player, you shouldn't need a Day 1 patch. The name alone frustrates me. A game should never need a patch on day 1. That just means you know your releasing an incomplete game. For fucks sake, just delay the game a week or so and ship out a complete product. And as for multiplayer, this is inexcusable, if you know online is a big portion of your game then beta test it! Look at how smooth the Destiny launch was because of this.

I'm tired of buying these games and not being able to play them how I want or when I want. "We'll release a patch this and release a patch that". Just release a complete working game! You call this next gen gaming, when in reality the days of N64 and PS1 did things better when it comes to QUALITY.

Again I post this here because I can't make threads, and the latest quality issue I have is with GTA V and the fact that I get timed out looking for a lobby and haven't been able to find a match all day. And no it's not my connection.
It shouldn't be happening but it is, and the only thing we can hope for is that it gets so bad that it actually starts affecting sales or goes mainstream and people start to do something about it.

Top Bottom