• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

The Flash

Banned
I'm so disappointed that my copy didn't arrive today. I was like a kid at Christmas this morning, then my expectation of it arriving slowly dropped throughout the day. And now I'm sitting here, at midnight, on GAF, instead of playing GTA like I should be doing.

Someone hold me.

9Gt62.gif

I know that feel. Same thing happened to me with my Halo: Reach Legendary Edition copy.

Is the 500k supposed to only work on Franklin? Cause Michael didn't get shit :(

Same for me also. Don't know why

Also does anyone know how to pull up the quick menu guide (to set locations fast and other stuff) for online? I thought it was holding right on the d-pad

I mean, this is not even on par with RDR?

RDR feels better IMO. It has more recoil, better weapon sounds, limb specific damage on enemies, close quarters firearm kills, and a less magnetic cover system. The only thing GTAV has over it is that you can run & gun similar to hip firing in Max Payne 3, but even that's screwed up because you can't initiate it unless you hold the firing trigger halfway down which feels incredibly awkward to do in the middle of a shootout.

dext3rr

It's a clean image given the AA used (i.e., it's not blurry like some AA solutions) but l wish they would have adapted a temporal solution like Second Son to reduce that shimmer.

I really like first person driving. Kicking a cat dead in first person was strangely satisfying.

Cats are not capable to love anything what isnt food, so it's ok to kick them even when they're already dead.

calder

Holy shit is it hard to drive the bike at night in first person. I always let him put in a helmet even though the tinted visor ups the difficulty like 10x, I just appreciate the challenge. And inevitable 20 meter corkscrew through the air.

todahawk

yeah but does this mean that I can put the ps4 in rest mode or do I have to let it stay on this screen to download?
I was so looking foward to all that new foliage today, ugh....

thank you for the condolenes though, back to Warcraft I guess
I don't even feel like gaming, I'm just gonna watch a movie.

I'm so disappointed that my copy didn't arrive today. I was like a kid at Christmas this morning, then my expectation of it arriving slowly dropped throughout the day. And now I'm sitting here, at midnight, on GAF, instead of playing GTA like I should be doing.

Someone hold me.
Same here dude, I'm still sitting at 93%... I thought for sure it would be done by the time I got home. PSN must be completely throttled.

16BitNova

It shouldn't be happening but it is, and the only thing we can hope for is that it gets so bad that it actually starts affecting sales or goes mainstream and people start to do something about it.

It is looking somewhat positive with the Ubisoft stock going down. Hopefully things continue down this path.

Dominator

I really wish I could make a thread.

It really needs to be addressed that the way games are being released now days is NOT ok. Unity has horrible technical issues. Halo MCC matchmaking is broken. And now I can't seem to find any matches or lobbies in GTA Online. What the hell is going on? These companies need to stop releasing games in this state.

For single player, you shouldn't need a Day 1 patch. The name alone frustrates me. A game should never need a patch on day 1. That just means you know your releasing an incomplete game. For fucks sake, just delay the game a week or so and ship out a complete product. And as for multiplayer, this is inexcusable, if you know online is a big portion of your game then beta test it! Look at how smooth the Destiny launch was because of this.

I'm tired of buying these games and not being able to play them how I want or when I want. "We'll release a patch this and release a patch that". Just release a complete working game! You call this next gen gaming, when in reality the days of N64 and PS1 did things better when it comes to QUALITY.

Again I post this here because I can't make threads, and the latest quality issue I have is with GTA V and the fact that I get timed out looking for a lobby and haven't been able to find a match all day. And no it's not my connection.
There have been numerous threads about it lately.

Someone hold me.
That sucks :( guessing you're UK judging by the time, if so who did you order from?

virtualS

Cats are not capable to love anything what isnt food, so it's ok to kick them even when they're already dead.

With that attitude toward cats it's no wonder you think they are incapable of love.

Unlike dogs, cats don't suffer psychotic fools. Therefore, cats > you.

Think I'll wait for the PC version.

God, I'm trying to get rid of my Vacca and Carb and I would love just to even get 50k for them since I can't get over that. Please tell me there is a way to get rid of cars I don't want. Looks like I'm going to have to fill up my garage with shitty cars, to replace my better ones, then just sell the shitty ones eventually.

Surfheart

Haven't seen anyone with the XB1 version reporting frame rate issues in parts of the city, on the PS4 the frame rate tanks when driving through the middle of town...

Holy shit! How can they be having the same problems as the Ps3/Xbox launch!? This is insane!

Rockstar what are you doing with all that money?!?!? So glad I didn't double dip, just remembered how crap GTA controls are, with 1st person mode....yikes...I don't even wanna know!

Is there heaps more wildlife? Like any birds, cats, dogs or even rats roaming the cities? That would be so awesome!

BokehKing

Banned
Whoa is there a reason why my download speed which is usually 25 MBs, moving at a crawl 2.5?!?

I just did a test on my computer and it's at 25

Wtf psn?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
None of the website videos work due to high traffic. Just like launch. Now I'm really curious how much it sold.

At least the stocks are working this time.

No option to sell once you drive into the mod shop? Weird.

In other news, me waiting to 'install'
TFrtMN5.jpg

Nope, but when I try selling my Carbonizzare I get a prompt saying that I cannot sell cars valued over 50k. .I'm so confused. I just don't want these cars and I would love if some money can go towards cars I do want.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
RDR feels better IMO. It has more recoil, better weapon sounds, limb specific damage on enemies, close quarters firearm kills, and a less magnetic cover system. The only thing GTAV has over it is that you can run & gun similar to hip firing in Max Payne 3, but even that's screwed up because you can't initiate it unless you hold the firing trigger halfway down which feels incredibly awkward to do in the middle of a shootout.
Yeah, but RDR's movement is far worse. You basically have to do a complete 360 to turn around due to the animation. GTA 5 is a lot quicker, but I know Red Dead seems to be perfection on gaf despite all its issues.

Nope, but when I try selling my Carbonizzare I get a prompt saying that I cannot sell cars valued over 50k. .I'm so confused. I just don't want these cars and I would love if some money can go towards cars I do want.
I think you can bring another car to the garage and have it replace the one you bought. I think.

Top Bottom