• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

jts

...hate me...
I'm gonna leave the last 1GB of download for tomorrow. Wouldn't it be ironic if my connection broke somehow.

Anyway, I don't understand why PS4's downloads are so weird. 43GB download game, 2 of them are visible/pausable via downloads in notifications, but the rest 40+ GB are downloaded in the background. You can't pause and you can't really control it. Can't tell the console to shut down when the download is finished (like you could with the PS3). What the hell.

I'm gonna leave the last 1GB of download for tomorrow. Wouldn't it be ironic if my connection broke somehow.

Anyway, I don't understand why PS4's downloads are so weird. 43GB download game, 2 of them are visible/pausable via downloads in notifications, but the rest 40+ GB are downloaded in the background. You can't pause and you can't really control it. Can't tell the console to shut down when the download is finished (like you could with the PS3). What the hell.

For most cases it is too play the game while it downloads.

newsguy

Had to uninstall and reinstall my game today. Not very happy as I lost about 6 hours of play time. Had a glitch where Franklin could not enter any missions. Also, my settings kept resetting every time I played the game. This never happened to me on the last Gen version. If it happens again I'm gonna try and get my $ back. Too many games out to be restarting games due to bugs.

Kertiously

Neo Member
Is this game worth forking over the $60 again? I (unfortunately) purchased the digital copy of GTA V on PS3 so I can't trade it in for an XBone version to get the $30 credit, so I have to pay full price.

Surfheart

Frame rate is both solid 30 and marginally better on ps4 according to df though.

Yeah I don't get it. I just watched their initial ps4 frame rate video and it was a locked 30 99% of the time although the part where I first noticed chugging, the first police chase at the start of the game, was cut from their video.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
does anyone know if they added animals for online? if they didn't i'm going to be sad because red dead had it and it was on ps3 and 360 :/ this is next gen.

I think you can bring another car to the garage and have it replace the one you bought. I think.

It's funny. . I have a 10 car garage, but I don't think I will ever use all of that space (currently have 5 cars) and I really want my Vacca and Carbonizzare gone. (Going to buy the 9F and Adder).

I wish I could have a luxury apartment with only a 5 car garage. I only want: Adder, 9F, Exemplar (for heist one day hopefully), and a motorcycle.

rjcc

Haven't seen anyone with the XB1 version reporting frame rate issues in parts of the city, on the PS4 the frame rate tanks when driving through the middle of town...

at random intersections it dives. I think that's the case on both platforms

Yeah I don't get it. I just watched their initial ps4 frame rate video and it was a locked 30 99% of the time although the part where I first noticed chugging, the first police chase at the start of the game, was cut from their video.

Hopefully we find out soon when they release their full analysis.

Muffdraul

Does the driving seem too floaty for others too? You steer and the car seems to just twitch too easily.

Don't remember it being like that.

I remember thinking exactly that the day GTA V came out last year. And like the other guy who replied to you, I'd give anything to have IV's driving physics and control in this game.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
I must say that I am impressed with Rockstar. The "if you haven't played online in a long time, you can't import your character right now" bug was a huge disappointment for me. But, I was expected a timeframe for resolution of about two weeks to a month.

One day. Less than that, actually. For PS4 at least.

It's nice to be able to say "hey, thanks for fixing that so fast!" sometimes.

Tigress

Does the driving seem too floaty for others too? You steer and the car seems to just twitch too easily.

Don't remember it being like that.

Am I the only one who doesn't think it's floaty? In fact I think it feels a lot less floaty than previous gen.

I noticed right away for one that I drive better in the new one cause the car doesn't seem to overreact to inputs (or it seems that it is easier not to give too much input).

I have to agree with some guy on reddit that was giving his impressions, the driving has gotten less cartoonish. On the other hand, I thought I would dislike that but I'm enjoying it honestly.

SRTtoZ

Game is the bees knees. The IQ is so much better, the lighting is so nice, the high res, just makes this the experience it should have been from the get go.

Tainted

If you are driving fast through a busy part of the city, you can notice the frame drops....but its nowhere near the scale of how it was on 360/PS3

Generally its a very smooth experience though (PS4)

Raptor

RDR feels better IMO. It has more recoil, better weapon sounds, limb specific damage on enemies, close quarters firearm kills, and a less magnetic cover system. The only thing GTAV has over it is that you can run & gun similar to hip firing in Max Payne 3, but even that's screwed up because you can't initiate it unless you hold the firing trigger halfway down which feels incredibly awkward to do in the middle of a shootout.

:(

One thing I hated about GTA4 was prescisly that, I will have to make some serious thinking in what to buy now if this or FC4.

Well, DF can't test every location in the city. I get lower than 30 driving westward on the Walk of Fame road on a PS4.

Yes, PS4 is not 30fps everywhere for sure.

I am actutally pretty dissapointed how poor it is inside the city. I does not seem any better than the PS3 ver to me.

I wish this game had a 720p mode. I rather play this with a solid frame rate and better AA.

Kertiously

Neo Member
Quick question: I decided to get the game but I think I'm gonna go digital again.. At what percent can I start playing the campaign? I work all day tomorrow and won't be able to play but I'd like to play tonight if possible.. I know I won't have the game fully downloaded before I want to go to bed.

Alfebit

Banned
The game looks really good. Character transfer went off without a hitch, but I can't seem to connect to any lobbies unless I go solo.

Kssio_Aug

Ok... the most important to me is the online mode. How is it?
Are loading screens everywhere? Is there big improvements or almost the same as last gen?

Edit:
Nevermind... it seems online is not working properly and neither is the progress transfers. I'm sick of broken games, will skip that one. Specially when I still have that messesd up GTA Online release pretty clear in my mind.

I am actutally pretty dissapointed how poor it is inside the city. I does not seem any better than the PS3 ver to me.

I don't agree with this at all. Especially not the comparison to ps3 version.
in general, driving in the city is solid. In general.

Plus don't you think if DF was running frame analysis they'd have noticed if it was "poor inside the city" and pointed it out, they aren't exactly afraid of being picky..

It's only for me or you only hear phone sounds (buttons push, etc...) if the sound settings is set in "headphones"? (PS4 version)

Oops never thought of that.

Fake edit- Actually I've just this second discovered that the setting for wireless headset CHECHYA-0083 is actually for the Sony Wireless Headset 2.0 (or Gold).
D'Oh.

That sucks :( guessing you're UK judging by the time, if so who did you order from?

Yeah, UK. I ordered from Amazon. They're usually great with delivery times, I rarely ever receive my stuff after midday. But for some reason they decided to use an "un-trackable courier" for GTA V. So I have no idea where my game is, nor when it will arrive.

Fingers crossed it will come tomorrow.

Certinty

Remote play works pretty well. Seems to have a pre-set control scheme though which can't be changed but so far that one works well so I have no issues there.

Small problems but the pop-in is a little annoying at times and the pedestrian amount varies too much, sometimes you get loads on side roads and then very few on main ones.

Fjordson

Yes, PS4 is not 30fps everywhere for sure.

I wish this game had a 720p mode. I rather play this with a solid frame rate and better AA.
Seriously? Bummer.

my experience of online:

server has between 1 and 15 people listed..
you can spectate about 15% of them (between none and three or four), they are normally driving around and crashing, or visiting ammo nation.
every now and again a bunch of "xxxxx left" messages scroll upward in the bottom left.
someone is talking on a mic, to whom, isn't always clear.

if you pick a random mission to run, you get into a lobby and there are between 1 and 10 people listed. A bunch of them leave before the mission starts.

Ted

Has GAF crew been known to link up and have fun?

A few of us are still even playing the PS3 versions regularly. :)

We've mainly been a co-op and racing group but with fresh members from the new version I'm sure we can drum up interest in any game mode.

The online OT will be going up tomorrow, we are just finalising a few bits and pieces. Keep your eyes peeled. And don't trust anyone reversing in a Zentorno.

my experience of online:

server has between 1 and 15 people listed..
you can spectate about 15% of them (between none and three or four), they are normally driving around and crashing, or visiting ammo nation.
every now and again a bunch of "xxxxx left" messages scroll upward in the bottom left.
someone is talking on a mic, to whom, isn't always clear.

if you pick a random mission to run, you get into a lobby and there are between 1 and 10 people listed. A bunch of them leave before the mission starts.

I strongly recommend not playing the online alone with randomers. Playing with friends is so much better, especially when there's a decent amount of you.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
Wow!! i heard no animals for online is this true? if it is, no purchase from me because thats what made red dead fun with friends :'(

A few of us are still even playing the PS3 versions regularly. :)

We've mainly been a co-op and racing group but with fresh members from the new version I'm sure we can drum up interest in any game mode.

The online OT will be going up tomorrow, we are just finalising a few bits and pieces. Keep your eyes peeled. And don't trust anyone reversing in a Zentorno.
Ha sounds like a great community, I hope whoever is in charge of accepting people manage to let me in soon.

Since you seem like you played a lot of last gen, how was the 9F as a car (for racing and as a main personal car). I'm hoping to just focus on one car for the sports category that does not draw a lot of attention but is still a great car.

Elixist

how do i know if my save from ps3 carried over correctly for the extra single player stuff? i see the railgun in the gunstore but its not available to buy at this time.

Yeah, but RDR's movement is far worse. You basically have to do a complete 360 to turn around due to the animation. GTA 5 is a lot quicker, but I know Red Dead seems to be perfection on gaf despite all its issues.

Well neither one of them handles swift movements with any kind of precision or satisfaction so that's a wash IMO. Watch_Dogs, for example, is far out ahead in that category.

And lol @ RDR being "perfection." Nowhere close. It simply does those things I mentioned better.

:(

One thing I hated about GTA4 was prescisly that, I will have to make some serious thinking in what to buy now if this or FC4.

The game's still worth playing. I was pretty disappointed with a lot of things in GTAV yet I still bought it again so I guess that says something about what Rockstar's created.

If you're simply looking for great control and combat mechanics though, Far Cry 4 is a much better buy.

Top Bottom