• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Kssio_Aug

Wow!! i heard no animals for online is this true? if it is, no purchase from me because thats what made red dead fun with friends :'(

By everything I'm readind and watching, it seems that there's no improvements at all in GTA Online, except for the number of players (what I dont even know if its a good thing in this case).

And if thats the case, its a huge disappointment for me, and will not be worth a double dip just to play the SP campaing again.

Hey I got a best buy pre order deal for a mil of in game cash. Redeemed it on ps store, launched game, a notification popped up saying it had been awarded, yet I have the same amount of dough I started with. Anyone else have issues getting this deal to work and possible solutions?

kyser73

I really wish I could make a thread.

It really needs to be addressed that the way games are being released now days is NOT ok. Unity has horrible technical issues. Halo MCC matchmaking is broken. And now I can't seem to find any matches or lobbies in GTA Online. What the hell is going on? These companies need to stop releasing games in this state.

For single player, you shouldn't need a Day 1 patch. The name alone frustrates me. A game should never need a patch on day 1. That just means you know your releasing an incomplete game. For fucks sake, just delay the game a week or so and ship out a complete product. And as for multiplayer, this is inexcusable, if you know online is a big portion of your game then beta test it! Look at how smooth the Destiny launch was because of this.

I'm tired of buying these games and not being able to play them how I want or when I want. "We'll release a patch this and release a patch that". Just release a complete working game! You call this next gen gaming, when in reality the days of N64 and PS1 did things better when it comes to QUALITY.

Again I post this here because I can't make threads, and the latest quality issue I have is with GTA V and the fact that I get timed out looking for a lobby and haven't been able to find a match all day. And no it's not my connection.

There are a few issues to take into account.

1. The software itself is doing far more than on the N64 or PS1. AI, visuals, sound, scope & scale plus the near-omnipresent nature of online all contribute to making writing code that works perfectly a lot harder.

2. Online & networking adds a whole new universe of complexity and problems.

3. Online also brings with it the means to easily distribute fixes for faulty software. Couple that with the low cost of physical media or minimal cost of digital distribution and you don't have anything like the monetary risk associated with manufacturing millions of cartridges.

4. It never ceases to blow my mind that seemingly so few people on this board work with business software, or at least experience no problems with it. Real-life business issues like security flaws in OSs, Java, browsers and so on make the concerns expressed by gamers about whether multiplayer seem pretty small TBH.

Outside of actual mission-critical process control software (i.e. the stuff that runs powerstations, factories, stops planes falling out of the sky) lots of software is buggy and delivered in a half-ready state, even years after launching (yes, I'm pointing my finger at Windows on that one).

Wil348

I'm really enjoying the game so far, but I'm really disappointed that my pre order cash for Online isn't showing up. I tried looking on the PS store in game but it's not there, and I tried sending a support ticket to Rockstar but I am yet to receive a response.

I got $500,000 in single player, but no sign of it in Online.

cakely

Ok, after about three hours in, all of which I've been in first-person I'm blown away by how good this game looks and how well this game runs.

There's a big deadzone... you can push the stick over quite a bit without moving anything onscreen. That's not input delay, that's deadzone. Combined with high acceleration, it makes for hot garbage analog controls.

Well neither one of them handles swift movements with any kind of precision or satisfaction so that's a wash IMO. Watch_Dogs, for example, is far out ahead in that category.

And lol @ RDR being "perfection." Nowhere close. It simply does those things I mentioned better.

The game's still worth playing. I was pretty disappointed with a lot of things in GTAV yet I still bought it again so I guess that says something about what Rockstar's created.

If you're simply looking for great control and combat mechanics though, Far Cry 4 is a much better buy.

And a much more derogative game....

By everything I'm readind and watching, it seems that there's no improvements at all in GTA Online, except for the number of players.

apart from the often spectacular graphics.
And the speedy load/reload/reset times.
and the party chat and (hopefully) solid voice chat.
and the frame rate being good enough for all those wacky user created missions to work without turning into a slide show.
and the chance rockstar is actively interested in patching and building on it, now they are not trapped in 512mb of memory..
and the first person shooting mode.

yep no improvements at all..

Because I'm a moron I deleted the whole game when I went to close it out of habit. Ugh. Played a bit though. Anyone else feel FPS mode controls like shit?

Tainted

I can't call the atomic blimp in MP anymore :( ? Brought my account over from 360 to PS4 now it's gone

They replaced the Atomic blimp with the Xero blimp (at least in the SP) and it spawns at the airport rather than the racetrack when you call it up on your phone

ZeroX03

Banned
and the chance rockstar is actively interested in patching and building on it, now they are not trapped in 512mb of memory..

The install base on PS3/360 is way too big (over 30 million now right?) for them to abandon online support exclusively for the next gen versions. Even if everyone PS4/XB1 owner bought a copy of GTAV they still wouldn't match it. I think for the forseeable future most online content will still be limited to what last gen's hardware can achieve minus things like additional players or better loading times.

Ted

Wow!! i heard no animals for online is this true? if it is, no purchase from me because thats what made red dead fun with friends :'(

'Fraid not. That said... If you want to go hunting, make it worthwhile, hunt a bounty. :)

Ha sounds like a great community, I hope whoever is in charge of accepting people manage to let me in soon.

Since you seem like you played a lot of last gen, how was the 9F as a car (for racing and as a main personal car). I'm hoping to just focus on one car for the sports category that does not draw a lot of attention but is still a great car.

Most of the sports are competitive in the right hands (rarely see anyone brave enough to race a Futo mind you!!). The 9F grips well but most people seem to drive the Massacro, Jester, RH8 or Feltzer with a few others in the remaining choices. Course selection throws in another variable as well, grip or speed!

Holy crap. This thread moves FAST. I was on page 30 the day before and it's jumped to 60+. The power of GTA!

I've sent a friend request to BaronVonBeans to join the GAF crew. Hope to join the GAF crew in GTAO.

Too bad I'm travelling this week. When I get back this Sunday, THEN I'll start my download. Oh boy..it's gonna be a longggggggg wait.

Elixist

railgun becomes available to buy after one of trevors plane missions, to answer my own question and maybe others who were curious.

Gaz_RB

Anyone find a good set up for First person mode? It's just too awkward for me to use competitively right now, the aiming is just way too hard to control. It sure is fun though.

The install base on PS3/360 is way too big (over 30 million now right?) for them to abandon online support exclusively for the next gen versions. Even if everyone PS4/XB1 owner bought a copy of GTAV they still wouldn't match it. I think for the forseeable future most online content will still be limited to what last gen's hardware can achieve minus things like additional players or better loading times.

how many of those 30 million are still playing online, seriously few I think, I don't count those who logged in once during a month by accident or to show a friend something.

We've already got first person and it can be set in options for all participants in a mission and that obviously would not appear in last-gen. We've also get levels that can be built with twice as many objects for next-gen only. And there are no cross-gen servers. So there is no barrier for rockstar to keep this new $ sales golden goose from ticking over by improving it with more things that last gen will not ever get..

It seems like the PS4 handles worst-case situations more badly than Xbone. In the Digital Foundry videos, you can see the PS4 struggle a bit here:

Holy shit you're reaching!
it goes to 29-27-29fps for a fraction of a second (with a different car, and different traffic) vs 29fps for a fraction of a second for xbox one? and that's the evidence it handles worst case scenarios less capably?

neither drop would be noticeable by the eye.

You'd have to find DF video showing 20fps, showing the same stuff, vs the other showing 24fps, to make this argument..

SMZC

Geez. The more I play, the more disappointed I am with this port. During shootouts, cars disappear just as fast as they did on the last-gen versions. After Watch Dogs, where countless destroyed cars stay on the streets during shootouts, I was really looking forward to seeing Rockstar make use of the power of the new consoles for similar purposes. This just seems like a lazy port to me, and I can't say that the extra resolution or prettier graphics are enough for me.

Tainted

Geez. The more I play, the more disappointed I am with this port. During shootouts, cars disappear just as fast as they did on the last-gen versions. After Watch Dogs, where countless destroyed cars stay on the streets during shootouts, I was really looking forward to seeing Rockstar make use of the power of the new consoles for similar purposes. This just seems like a lazy port to me, and I can't say that the extra resolution or prettier graphics are enough for me.

It is after all a port (although a damned good one) and not a total rewrite of the oldgen game..there will always be legacy stuff brought over.

Maybe for GTA6 :)

ymgve

Holy shit you're reaching!
it goes to 29-27-29fps for a fraction of a second (with a different car, and different traffic) vs 29fps for a fraction of a second for xbox one? and that's the evidence it handles worst case scenarios less capably?

neither drop would be noticeable by the eye.

You'd have to find DF video showing 20fps, showing the same stuff, vs the other showing 24fps, to make this argument..

Well, that and the fact that I feel parts of the city perform worse when I play it on my own PS4.

Thoroughly fucking pleased with this. The new character creation is exactly what I expected and wanted. People really find anything to fucking complain about. Disappearing cars and a lack of traffic density?! REALLY!? Get over it and enjoy the game.

Ted

how many of those 30 million are still playing online, seriously few I think, I don't count those who logged in once during a month by accident or to show a friend something.

There are still plenty of full or nearly full free-roam lobbies in aim-assist and half a dozen or so people in free-aim lobbies most nights (on PS3 at least). I've been surprised by the longevity of the population generally given the early missteps.

Two questions guys, as I'm just finishing work and haven't kept up with the thread:

1. Is the new patch to fix old gen-new gen transfers out for everybody now?

2. Did it actually work?

Darknight

Ok guys how far do you need to play on PS3/360 for you to get the bonus things? Just the intro till when? Also do you need to log into GTAO??

Got a really chill dude from CAG helping out. I aint gonna be hungry no mo.

Grinchy

Banned
Is it just me, or is there a HORRIBLE dead zone in the right stick with aiming??

It feels like it's almost have tilt...

Yeah I'm having a tough time with the FPS gunplay. I was expecting such a huge improvement over the lock-on auto-aim bullshit that was necessary on PS3 in third person. But the aiming is so stiff. I feel like it doesn't start moving the reticle until you've pushed the joystick too far, and by that point, the crosshair moves too quickly.

I only played a little bit earlier so I might just need to get used to it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is it just me, or is there a HORRIBLE dead zone in the right stick with aiming??

It feels like it's almost have tilt...

The deadzone is horrid... and then you have an acceleration added in there too, so when your cursor finally does respond it goes flying past your intended target because your were trying to push it through the deadzone.

Dubz

There are a few issues to take into account.

1. The software itself is doing far more than on the N64 or PS1. AI, visuals, sound, scope & scale plus the near-omnipresent nature of online all contribute to making writing code that works perfectly a lot harder.

2. Online & networking adds a whole new universe of complexity and problems.

3. Online also brings with it the means to easily distribute fixes for faulty software. Couple that with the low cost of physical media or minimal cost of digital distribution and you don't have anything like the monetary risk associated with manufacturing millions of cartridges.

4. It never ceases to blow my mind that seemingly so few people on this board work with business software, or at least experience no problems with it. Real-life business issues like security flaws in OSs, Java, browsers and so on make the concerns expressed by gamers about whether multiplayer seem pretty small TBH.

Outside of actual mission-critical process control software (i.e. the stuff that runs powerstations, factories, stops planes falling out of the sky) lots of software is buggy and delivered in a half-ready state, even years after launching (yes, I'm pointing my finger at Windows on that one).
With all due respect, millions of people paid $60 for all of this shit to work as advertised.

That being said....installing now.

Any suggestion for a 10 car garage?

Currently only have 5 in mind

Adder
9F
Nagasaki Carbon RS or Shitzu Hakuchou (which everyone is better)
Exemplar
RH8

DeVeAn

What the hell is the deal with the install? Is it that it's actually downloading? Going on 6 hours for this shit...

Funny how they add some foliage and suddenly I'm racing through Oblivion

nBCyi0.jpg

FqG2So.jpg

85A2pF.jpg

9UfbZY.jpg

MK4aOq.jpg

Furyous

Does anyone else find it weird that preorder cash isn't shared between characters? Do I have to wait to unlock clothing stores in story mode or find them randomly? I'm taking my sweet time with this game.

Top Bottom