• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

N° 2048

Does anyone else find it weird that preorder cash isn't shared between characters? Do I have to wait to unlock clothing stores in story mode or find them randomly? I'm taking my sweet time with this game.

Oh wow I just saw that. Only Franklin has the pre-order bonus haha

Kssio_Aug

apart from the often spectacular graphics.
And the speedy load/reload/reset times.
and the party chat and (hopefully) solid voice chat.
and the frame rate being good enough for all those wacky user created missions to work without turning into a slide show.
and the chance rockstar is actively interested in patching and building on it, now they are not trapped in 512mb of memory..
and the first person shooting mode.

yep no improvements at all..

The graphical difference is not that much to justify double diping for me, and will not affect that much the online experience. And youre adding things that "hopefully" happens and that have a "chance" to happen just to make that list feels bigger?

I'm talking about improvements in the MP itself! Animals in online mode; cut off some loading screens; better mission selection interface; better punishment system than that not always fair "bad sports"; heists getting off the paper and actually showing up in the game... things like that! GTA Online on PS3 was really messed up. Just better graphics and better frame rate is not everything that GTA Online needs.

I should have about 1.8M once I log back on after all of the pre-order bonuses. Enough to fully upgrade some cars, and hopefully afford a better high end apartment if I sell my old one as well.

Is there any point in having a lot of cash?

I mean eventually I will want a buzzard and all the top guns available but right now I don't see the point (and I refuse to grind for this game, shark cards 50% during Black Friday will be my saving grace, the time spent thinking of grinding missions can be used for something else worth the 10 bucks).

Ted

Any suggestion for a 10 car garage?

Currently only have 5 in mind

Adder
9F
Nagasaki Carbon RS or Shitzu Hakuchou (which everyone is better)
Exemplar
RH8

For bikes, you can't go wrong with a Bati on courses with decent straights with room for wheelie boosts and an Akuma for more wiggly (technical term!) courses.

The Exemplar is sweet but might be beaten out by the Felon or Sentinel these days in the coupe class after the spoiler update (more grip in the Felon/Sentinel). I own both and love them dearly but I think the Exemplar inches out the Felon on the style front. :)

Dewbauchee Collection
0_0.jpg

(PS3 shot)

Add a Futo (for fun), a Warrener (surprisingly quick four door with fun mods), a muscle car and a modded Sanchez to you garage and you're good to go!

0_0.jpg

(PS3 shot)

I've also got a thing for the Oracle as a kind of low key four door get away machine.

0_0.jpg

(PS3 shot)

All that said, there are plenty of cars and the racing is far from serious high level stuff so go for what you like and fits your style. Oh yeah, remember, you can try them in SP first before putting any GTA Online dollar down.

Enjoy. :)

Tobor

Yeah I'm having a tough time with the FPS gunplay. I was expecting such a huge improvement over the lock-on auto-aim bullshit that was necessary on PS3 in third person. But the aiming is so stiff. I feel like it doesn't start moving the reticle until you've pushed the joystick too far, and by that point, the crosshair moves too quickly.

I only played a little bit earlier so I might just need to get used to it.

Have you gotten to Michael yet? the stats do factor in.

Also, make sure to set the controls to standard fps and turn off headbob. With Michael, the fps shooting controls feel super tight.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Why aren't the awesome beards from single player available online?

Warablo

Post your feedback at GTAOnline@rockstargames.com, I just sent them email about including a plastic surgery option for in-game currency. So we can change our character more times than once.

For bikes, you can't go wrong with a Bati on courses with decent straights with room for wheelie boosts and an Akuma for more wiggly (technical term!) courses.

The Exemplar is sweet but might be beaten out by the Felon or Sentinel these days in the coupe class after the spoiler update (more grip in the Felon/Sentinel). I own both and love them dearly but I think the Exemplar inches out the Felon on the style front. :)

All that said, there are plenty of cars and the racing is far from serious high level stuff so go for what you like and fits your style. Oh yeah, remember, you can try them in SP first before putting any GTA Online dollar down.

Enjoy. :)

Thanks for the advice, I will look into everything you said. Really can't wait to get more involved with customizing and investing in cars online.

Cudder

I remember there being a way to make huge bank in last years game at the end of the game. I think you were supposed to save all of the stock market mission until the end of the game? Does that still work?

Well, that and the fact that I feel parts of the city perform worse when I play it on my own PS4.

I felt the same thing in the early mission.

but then all settled down and now it is much better. I've no idea why.

Maybe DF should be pressured to publish tests on fast driving in the city. Or they could investigate their observed "curious judder" that isn't dropped frames, more carefully.

The graphical difference is not that much to justify double diping for me, and will not affect that much the online experience. And youre adding things that "hopefully" happens and that have a "chance" to happen just to make that list feels bigger?.

Ok man do what you want.
I only added one 'hopefully', the rest are actual improvements.

And after watching so many Machinima online videos on PS3/xbox GTA5 it is clear a faster engine was overdue where it comes to enjoying custom events. They themselves published the last one a week ago with a "thank god (it is the last last-gen one we do) .." note.

vpance

There's like 1400 people streaming this game on PS Live, got dam. I think Ass Unity only managed around 500 max post release.

DrBo42

Has sense of speed always been this bad in GTA? Speedometer says I'm going 80 mph in first person but it feels like 40. It's a little better in third but not by a large margin.

diggler41

Hmmmm dumb question how do I know if it linked to my social club account and got the bonus stuff?

Edit: Nevermind the game just told me it unlocked lol

Darknight

Hey guys remember me being a little biatch about this game? Well I bought it if anyone cares. Guess im gonna eat crow and play this amazing game. (after the update)

USC-fan

Banned
DS4 speaker use it so awesome. I could never hear it over the ingame radio.

Police radio is just so fun. Say so crazy shit i never heard before!

What the hell is the deal with the install? Is it that it's actually downloading? Going on 6 hours for this shit...
What console?

That just insane. Guess you are on xbone. Going offline could speed it up. But you will not be patched.

Favorite thing so far are cell phone conversations and police chatter going through the speaker on the DS4. So good.

Please.. Can someone tell me that there is a volume control in the in game settings to control the audio that is played through the controller speaker???

If you use pulse elite headphones this audio is played at absolute maximum, ear splitting volume by default in all games.

Call of duty did not have a control for ds4 audio and the level up noises were a pain in the ass.

N° 2048

Please.. Can someone tell me that there is a volume control in the in game settings to control the audio that is played through the controller speaker???

If you use pulse elite headphones this audio is played at absolute maximum, ear splitting volume by default in all games.

Call of duty did not have a control for ds4 audio and the level up noises were a pain in the ass.

Did you change the output to headphones in settings? Hopefully it'll help.

Did you change the output to headphones in settings? Hopefully it'll help.

This was what I tried in shadow of mordor but it didn't fix it. There was fortunately a volume control for controller audio in that game. Turning it all the way down fixed it.

I don't have gta5 yet but it will be sad if there is no audio controls for controller audio.

Top Bottom