• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

junker

Physical copy, I downloaded the patch which installed fine, but the disc installation is stuck at 0% after many minutes. What do???

simtmb

Despite being a long time fan of the series from its very start, i completely skipped 5 last gen. I saw really nothing of it, didn't even play it til yesterday on its PS4 release. It came out at a time when I had long since stopped gaming, so it's good to be back and proper on such a series, especially with the current definitive version. I'm loving it.

However, is something wrong with my settings/setup? The sound is odd, everything sounds as if it was recorded in a hall. It doesn't sound right at all. Every other game and system, connected the same way (through a Pioneer AV receiver) sound absolutely fine on my end..does anyone else have this issue? Or know of it?

MMaRsu

Ahh thank god the welcome back bonusses do seem to work after all :D. At least I found the Blista compact so I guess it works?? ♡ Schennmu

Tainted

How do you turn it off. . or at least lower the volume?

There's a setting under GTA5's audio settings to turn it off. To lower the volume though, I imagine that would have to be done in the PS4 settings (In that area where you change the lightbar brightness etc)

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
Has anyone noticed on the ps4 versions the shadows are filtering in kind of late? I was at michaels house outside and the shadows were blurry, but then I walked forward a few steps and more and more parts became sharp as I stepped forward.

leng jai

Baby steps. We'll get there eventually. Just remember this is the sequel to GTA IV. In comparison the gunplay is amazing. But yeah hopefully one day Rockstar will actually get this right and not just by GTA standards. For christ sake just copy Max Payne 3 gunplay. Which to be fair they sort of tried to do.

I don't understand how they are progressing so slowly with GTA when it comes to the core mechanics of the game. When GTAV came out I was expecting it to have RDR shooting mechanics at minimum. Instead it's not even in the same ball park. To me it's no use crafting this massive and ultra detailed world if your game controls poorly. It is baffling to go from RDR and MP3 then back to this. I'm pretty disappointed they seemingly made zero effort to improve this area of the game in this remaster.

As much shit as Watch Dogs got mechanical speaking it's leagues ahead of this.

master15

I feel dumb guys. Purchased digital copy says 23.16 GB downloaded and said I could launch it. Yet when I boot it up I get 5% installation notice at bottom and it goes nowhere.

Do I need to delete and re install? Any help?

DeVeAn

DS4 speaker use it so awesome. I could never hear it over the ingame radio.

Police radio is just so fun. Say so crazy shit i never heard before!

What console?

That just insane. Guess you are on xbone. Going offline could speed it up. But you will not be patched.
Ps4 with the patch before the install. Checked the setting and it shows it's actuall downloading...

I've reached Trevor now and just entering into the Grand Senora for the first time... some of my initial impressions from LS...

-Best part of the game is the new traffic. Variety must be 5-6x time better... even with 20-30 cars on screen there are not many repeats. Not only is there more variety but the sample pool is much bigger. All the DLC cars spawning help a lot. There are even new 'modded' cars like baby blue Enus (Bentley) SUVs and bright green or purple Dewbauchees (Aston Martin) with spoilers, etc. It is such a huge improvement over the PS3 version, and it'll make a huge affect on free roam gameplay over time. So many more cars to steal.

-New foliage and weather (rain, wind, fog) is really nice. New lighting, maybe because I've played a lot of Driveclub recently, is nice but didn't especially awe strike me. The new foliage did though. Game looks gorgeous but still has a lot jagged textures, a lot of shimmering, etc. It definitely still feels like a PS3 game upgraded to PS4 than a natural PS4 game. Which is fine, expected, etc. Just saying the game hasn't really made me stop and stare at the new technical graphics... it's usually more about the art or sheer variety/quantity of art on screen at once.

-The new blood and gun models, the new explosions are awesome. Someone accidentally crashed into a gas station in LS and it was so huge, so loud. Scared the eff out of me because I was just hanging out with Lamar and it was so unexpected. The new blood, especially in cut-scenes when you get shot up, looks really good.

-The new music is very fitting. Radio Los Santos additions fit Franklin so well... I laughed so loud when I heard "I woke up in a new Buggati (Adder)". Same with some of the new Rock LS tracks for Michael. Rockstar has by far the best soundtrack team in the industry... they always pick the best songs, no matter how popular or obscure the track.

-Lots of small new cut-scene changes. I think they made Heist 1 start about 1 hour earlier than before so that the final scene has a stronger sunset. The first Franklin mission has a new song (replaced NWA). M has more blood on his face in one scene; other scenes have new cars, world objects, pets, etc. You can tell they went through every cut-scene and added new details by hand.

By far the best part is the new traffic variety, foliage, and weather, and those alone will make my daily free roam (since GTAV/GTAO is basically the only game I play) much better.

Big Blue

I turned off the FP mode after the first mission. It auto centers and controls horribly for shooting. I'll use it for driving and exploring only.

GTA or Driveclub?
:p

ua7qil.jpg

xN3jgB.jpg

gCxIM8.jpg

xrJVIJ.jpg

The vineyard areas look SO GOOD

legacyzero

Banned
Yeah I'm having a tough time with the FPS gunplay. I was expecting such a huge improvement over the lock-on auto-aim bullshit that was necessary on PS3 in third person. But the aiming is so stiff. I feel like it doesn't start moving the reticle until you've pushed the joystick too far, and by that point, the crosshair moves too quickly.

I only played a little bit earlier so I might just need to get used to it.

The deadzone is horrid... and then you have an acceleration added in there too, so when your cursor finally does respond it goes flying past your intended target because your were trying to push it through the deadzone.
Thank GOD Im not the only one.

Az987

all good things
Hey guys, how do I go about accessing the bonus content you get from linking with your previous gen social club account? Do I need to be far in the game or is it GTA online stuff? I saw a message when I linked it but I don't recall it saying how to get it.

Quick question, as I'm thinking about dipping my toes into the PS4 water and thinking this could be a good first game to get... I played the 360 version and understand that I transfer my character over to the either the Xbox One or PS4 version. Can I ask if the custom cars that I had in my garage from ages ago will also transfer, or is it just my "guy" and his bank balance?

Tobor

I'll ask again, are the people bitching about the shooting using Franklin? his low shooting stat should be a factor.

I don't agree with this at all. Especially not the comparison to ps3 version.
in general, driving in the city is solid. In general.

Plus don't you think if DF was running frame analysis they'd have noticed if it was "poor inside the city" and pointed it out, they aren't exactly afraid of being picky..

DF have not covered the PS4 ver yet right?

PS3 ver I spent A LOT of time with. Played the story through twice. Frame rate actually impressed me for a PS3 game considering what was on screen. PS4 ver does not impress.

PS4 ver, there is a HUGE difference in the feel of the game and they way it controls between Blaine county and the the inner city because of frame rate issues.

dreamfall

You are not. I really hope they make some changes, because right now FPS mode is just a gimmick for me.

Me too, but in the sense of just switching to observe the technicalities of the world more closely. I've never been good with First Person anything, but it's beautiful!

DF have not covered the PS4 ver yet right?

They added a paragraph saying their initial impression (which was that things were a tad better than x1 and they promise to head off to the country to look at grass), and included a ps4 frame-rate video which was all but locked to 30, while driving, around the city ...

Is there any way to stop the camera from snapping back to position when driving a vehicle? Makes the tow truck missions a pain.

Game is seriously amazing on PS4. I loved in on 360, but this is just a whole other level.

I think I just may be done with Gaf for a while. It fucking floors me that people are actually complaining about this game in this thread. The First person mode is godly - seriously puts this experience on par with the first time I booted up Halo back in 2001. Unreal - on both accounts.

botty

Banned
This is the first game I've purchased that I literally can't play within an hour of opening it. I don't know what this means for the future of games.

Surfheart

They added a paragraph saying their initial impression (which was that things were a tad better than x1 and they promise to head off to the country to look at grass), and included a ps4 frame-rate video which was all but locked to 30, while driving, around the city ...

Yeah, they strangely cut the video right at where the police chase begins, which was were the frame rate went to shit for me, and cut to the bike repo mission...

nikos

Somehow this install is less boring than my first hour of Far Cry 4 was, save for the intro.

Wonder if I'll make it through this entire game for the second time. I want to do more exploring this time, but don't feel right neglecting the story.

I thought FPS mode would be a fun novelty, but after playing for two hours I really can't believe how much detail they put into it. It really does feel like playing a whole new game. I'm five or six missions in and I've played them all in FP. Awesome.

Top Bottom