• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Man night-time on Chiliad is so amazing now.

luimpShWWkikXW6Br8qxDw_0_0.jpg

nikos

Noob question regarding GTA Online. Are the graphics the same as the main game, or are they downgraded like some other multiplayer games?

So i can't transfer my characters from my PS3 if i didn't logged on this year? is this true?

11/18/14 Update 3: At this time, PlayStation 4 users should no longer have issues downloading the patch. All character migrations are now working on PlayStation 4, and affected PlayStation 3 users can play GTA Online as normal. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow

breakfuss

Ok, sorry if this is a dumb question, but when editing my online character's name Im wondering if this is what other players will see instead of PSN ID.

dreamfall

I can't hear cell phone conversations. I'm on ps4. Anyone having issues?

Is your audio option set to your Controller speaker? Turn it up! Or change where it plays!

Ok, sorry if this is a dumb question, but when editing my online character's name Im wondering if this is what other players will see instead of PSN ID.

So on the lobby list they'll see your PSN name, but during even intros/outros they'll see both.

Is your audio option set to your Controller speaker? Turn it up! Or change where it plays!

So on the lobby list they'll see your PSN name, but during even intros/outros they'll see both.

Are you shitting me? It goes through the speaker? Lol I've had that thing off for so long. Thanks. I'll find the option.

The more i play the more i like what they have done (PS4 version).

The first impression was not good for me. IQ was lacking (FXAA and still shimmer/aliasing), muted - or you could say more realistic - colours, more foggy. I was not impressed.

But with more hours in i have to say the AA isnt as blurry as the old version and is ok, im starting to get used to the new colours and lighting, the new vegetation adds a lot and are high quality art assets, the draw distance is much better, the framerate is a lot better (but still drops here and there), some textures got upgraded, new rain and wind system (its nice) and i even like the new DOF effect. At first i wanted to disable it, but i think its nicely done and helps with the pop ups.

Yes, pop ups. If you look there is still a lot of popping (small stuff, especially shadows) going on. And thats my main complaint: Shadows pop all the time on buildings and vegetation, even right in front of you.

But other than that its a great port/next gen version of GTA 5.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd be more worried about the 'two treasure chests respawning in the ocean' thing getting fixed than the stocks.

and that was an absolutely horrific way to make money.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Those complaining about installation time, which version are you playing?

Thinking about picking it up. All along I thought, "Too many games to play that take priority. I can wait, because I already beat it." Now I really want it.

Problem is I don't know if I have hard drive space for it, lol

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Tempted to get it digitally even though I should get it from Gamefly tomorrow, lol. (PS4 version).

Suikoguy

I'm assuming installations are only from disc and not a digital "installed according to the console OS" then "wait the game needs to install it's own stuff" ordeal?

I'm on X1 digital and it just started with no hiccups.

4 hours left for the PS4 "update file." Guess I'm not playing tonight. Holy shit.

you don't have to wait for it, just disconnect from PSN, then play the game, it will keep downloading the patch in the background but might slow the graphics down a bit. Then when it is complete, quit and restart the game.

Top Bottom