• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Reule

What's the best way of getting this all installed in the best time on PS4? Put the disc in>Get pre-order content>Get update through Check for Updates>Launch game for final installation?

OraleeWey

h1Ch8U6h.jpg

What's the best way of getting this all installed in the best time on PS4? Put the disc in>Get pre-order content>Get update through Check for Updates>Launch game for final installation?

you can't use the store (to get the pre-order bonus stuff) unless you have the latest update..

BokehKing

Banned
I'm always thrown when I read/hear about slow psn times. Downloaded the patch in 10 minutes. I think the install took longer.
Ya, the patch took 3 minutes tops, the install once you boot up the game took forever though

0ZVSk5U.jpg

As soon as I get in my ride, Bobby Brown comes on, too sick for words

Too hot too handle, too cold to hold

Prologue

I thought we could set certain camera views ? Set car to be first person and set shooting to third person without fumbling through settings?

Yes, PS4 is not 30fps everywhere for sure.

I am actutally pretty dissapointed how poor it is inside the city. I does not seem any better than the PS3 ver to me.

I agree completely.

I've played about 7 or 8 hours of the ps4 version, and I played the ps3 version for probably 40 hours. The ps4 fps may be a solid 30, but the judder seems just as bad as in the ps3 in certain areas. The area this affects seems smaller in the ps4 version, but I'm still really disappointed it has not been eliminated.

And it's weird, it seems to happen more often and become more pronounced the longer my play session goes. It's also like you can tell when a new section of the city is loading. It seems to get better the longer I'm in that same section of the city. Time of day can make a big difference - smoother at night with fewer cars/peoples/shadows.

But after a cut-scene, or when I exit the game and restart, the judder I was just experiencing in that exact same location just a minute earlier, seems to be better.

It's a shame because I absolutely adore the game, and it can be magical when the beautiful graphics, sound effects and atmosphere come together in an emergent moment.

I have a fairly decent pc and I like to tinker with graphics. I've done the ICEmod for gtaIV, and RealENB for Skyrim, and many more. Days and days of tweaking to get a game to look the best it possibly could. If they could somehow just fix this judder (or whatever you want to call it) this would be my game of the forever.

It still looks fantastic and runs well a large part of the time, and I'm still gonna sink 40 hours into the ps4 version.

Dante316

I must say having the ability to change cam angle on touch pad is sooo awesome, I switching to from 1st to 3rd and vice versa alot , pretty cool.

Driving in traffic in first-person is hard... it's one thing in a corridor racer with predictable traffic. It's such a different thing in traffic when you really wish you could shoulder check haha. This is really where Oculus Rift/Morpheus is needed... even DS4 motion controls. I wish we could set motion control for shoulder check or a better mirror check or something. Very minor thing though and really only even noted because I like to drive without committing manslaughter.

I find aiming from the hip hard, too... movement sensitivity is the same whether you are just running or if you're running while firing for the hip, and when you have a higher sensitivity for decent movement turn speed, it's so hard to aim with the twitchy DS4 sticks. You can change the sensitivity for 'aiming' (iron sights) but if you're just firing for the hip, it uses the same [higher sensitivity] setting as regular movement, etc. So I find myself never able to actually shoot that much without iron sights (this wouldn't be a problem with a mouse and a far greater control of sensitivity). I'll keep tweaking the sensitivity though to see how it goes. Only reason I care is because I think the guns look a lot better from the hip than from iron sights so I rather use that art if possible.

HeeHo

Took advantage of the Target deal. I had a good amount of fun with the 360 version but man, I don't remember fighting the controls this much. I feel like a lot of dumb, awkward things kept happening to me at first.

I had been trying to finish Watch_Dogs before this and it has totally thrown off my control scheme. This feels uber slow in comparison. I thought I was a person who liked tanky controls but it didn't feel like much fun tonight. Although, it was getting hard to finish WD too but not because of the controls.

I am feeling some buyers remorse I guess but I think I just need to get in the groove of the controls again.

Dominator

At my GameStop we got copies with the in-game cash and without. The only differential is different SKU's, with nothing on the box differentiating them.

The ones with the cash were labeled "Day One" in the system, and the others were "Standard". Absolutely know way to tell unless you scan them all to see which was which, which is what we had to do. Its possible some people got the Standard when they should have gotten the Day One.

I skipped the tutorial online since I played it before but I'm restarting a new character and I'm kind of lost. Do you have to buy good cars to do well in races, or does everyone get the same choice before each race?

Derpyduck

Banned
and the money goes to Franklin
not broke Michael.

Yep. But Michael gets a ton of money early on in the game anyway.

After a day spent joining empty lobbies, I've finally started getting into populated ones. Had one where it had to actually go to a second page of player names (20 total). Lots of lowbies out there to toy with. Lots of fun. And apparently I missed a few patches the past few months, because I'm seeing a bunch of cars/gear that I've never seen before.

Reule

I preordered like 2 weeks before release from best buy. I checked inside the case, nothing. Checked the receipt, nothing.

Mine came in an email from Best Buy earlier today. I picked the game up last night at midnight.

Check your e-mail. I'm about to check mine because I just opened my case and nothing as well. Apparently Best Buy has this amazing new procedure for codes now where they'll e-mail the codes within a 48 hour window! Fucking right on! Not exactly sure why their copies don't have the insert inside them in the first place or have them on their receipts.

oneils

This game take forever to install for anybody else??

Edit: Nvm I guess its normal..

retail disc takes a while due to blu ray read speeds from what i understand. Digital version doesnt seem to install until the file is completely downloaded. otherwise, the install sits there waiting for the rest of the file. if you downloaded, make sure the download is finished.

Generally a question: did they ever fix the cars disappearing in the garage in the sngleplayer, or is there still a possibility thats this can/will happen - even in this version?

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, they managed to keep the online just as broken and cumbersome as the PS3 version. You've gotta give R* credit for consistency!

OraleeWey

Check your e-mail. I'm about to check mine because I just opened my case and nothing as well. Apparently Best Buy has this amazing new procedure for codes now where they'll e-mail the codes within a 48 hour window! Fucking right on! Not exactly sure why their copies don't have the insert inside them in the first place or have them on their receipts.
Nothing... Looks like I dont get a million. I'll contact BB.

jiiikoo

Banned
So what is the newest update? Is it the 1.02 or is there a 1.03? When I check for updates, all I get is "Your software is the newest version".

And praise the lord, just had my first crash. After the first heist it got stuck on the loading screen...

Grinchy

Banned
The aiming in First Person Mode feels really weird.

Yeah I think it's a combination of a weird dead zone and a very large amount of input latency. I was doing rank 6 missions online earlier and I was dying on them because I was trying to do FPS free aiming lol

zerotol

Banned
So Franklin is stuck in a sort of crouch position and I can't run. I tap the A button to run and he just sort of twitches while walking and the mini map in the bottom left of the screen zooms in and out quickly as I tap A. I switched to Michael and it's the same thing. Hard reset the Xbox, got an update, started playing and the problem is still there.

Top Bottom