• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Hatchtag

Banned
There a way to set it so I can just shoot with LB or RB in first person? The way it is by default-having to hold LB and shoot with RB-is kinda dumb.

Red Comet

So Franklin is stuck in a sort of crouch position and I can't run. I tap the A button to run and he just sort of twitches while walking and the mini map in the bottom left of the screen zooms in and out quickly as I tap A. I switched to Michael and it's the same thing. Hard reset the Xbox, got an update, started playing and the problem is still there.

Sounds like the stealth button. Hit L3.

Acorn

The remaster is amazing, what's with the chicago dis ... is it because of watch dogs?

Chicagos the best city ever, besides the gang violence and muders
It's a play on ubisofts marketing for Watchdogs.

Last year before the delay they had "A month is enough time in Los santos, come to Chicago' ads.

Ostinatto

11/18/14 Update 3: At this time, PlayStation 4 users should no longer have issues downloading the patch. All character migrations are now working on PlayStation 4, and affected PlayStation 3 users can play GTA Online as normal. This issue will be addressed for Xbox One and Xbox 360 users by tomorrow

Thanks a lot.

HPhins54

Neo Member
I play with a headset the majority of the time, and for the first hour or so, I couldn't hear the other end of phone calls. I didn't realize the voices for them were coming out of my controller. I switched the output to headphones option to all audio. That should hopefully fix the issue.

Fjordson

Un1J8vT.gif
Lmfao. Wow.

SZips

I wish I could drive in FP mode well, it's so hard for me. Right now I'm doing FP for shooting and TP for driving.
I'm actually finding the driving to be great in first person.

My biggest issue is trying to shoot a weapon while driving in first person. God help me if I'm trying to shoot behind me while driving too. So damn difficult that I wish there was better auto aim just for that situation.

Wow, I just experienced rain at night time. Game looked fucking incredible. I can't be sure, but it seems like first there were small puddles, then much larger ones accumulating. Reflections looked great too.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Incredibly impressed with this game. Didn't play it last year, so this is my first experience with the game.

Absolutely loving it. Rockstar creates the best worlds.

Nafai1123

Banned
Playing in 1st person is incredibly immersive. I find myself doing pretty much everything in that view except cover and the occasional towing mission. Shooting takes some practice but I'm getting better at it thanks to the shooting range. Driving is a piece of cake.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The puddles on the ground are amazing looking.

Now in GTA 6, they better make a splashing effect when your car drives through them.

RulkezX

I didn't play it much on 360, but we're the controls this bad? There is a noticeable delay between input and reaction and there is some weird cursor acceleration going on that makes aiming a fucking ballache.

I couldn't play more than an hour before i turned it off and went back to DA:I

Okay at first I thought the aiming lag might be due to 30fps. But after playing FC4 for a bit that can't be the case.

Hell, even Watch Dogs had better feeling gunplay than GTAV (actually I thought the gunplay was one of Watch Dog's strengths)...thing is, I don't remember it being this bad on 360, and I played through the entire game on total free aim. I've been having difficulty doing the same on PS4.

Anyone else in a similar spot?

udiie

The additions to the soundtrack are what is making this for me right now. FPS mode feels slow as fuck and is rather disappointing.

First hour spoiler :

what the hell was micheal doing in the back seat of his son suv in the garage ? Was he high ? Drunk ? Waiting for a repo to claim the car so fast ?

SteHitch

Neo Member
I have been scanning quite a lot of the thread, game looks like an incredible remaster.

I was just wondering, with regards to online can anyone confirm that the money your online character has on the last gen version transfers over when you migrate? Or am I better off spending the 800k or so I have on that version on some new vehicles so that they transfer over?

Looking forward to getting back into online, it was a real grind due to how few people the game matched you up with, but when Rockstar had the Last Man Standing event it was such a laugh having a full lobby.

zerotol

Banned
So Franklin is stuck in a sort of crouch position and I can't run. I tap the A button to run and he just sort of twitches while walking and the mini map in the bottom left of the screen zooms in and out quickly as I tap A. I switched to Michael and it's the same thing. Hard reset the Xbox, got an update, started playing and the problem is still there.

Well, I just completely uninstalled the game then re-installed it from disc and the problem is still there. Stuck in a crouch and can't run. What would be causing this, a corrupt save file? How do I delete all the GTA5 content including save files from Xbox one? I'm only a few missions in so it wouldn't be a big deal. Would I also lose the million dollars that I got?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Well all my cars disappeared from GTA:O despite transferring my character post-patch. :-/
Same, sort of. I had my vehicles after the transfer but when I logged back in later they were all gone. I submitted a support ticket to see if I can re transfer or recover them somehow. Not too fussed though as I have kept everything else.

rObit

Banned
I was one of those guys who didn't buy the last gen version because I was waiting for this. As someone coming in completely fresh: Holy shit. I've been waiting a year for this and it's absolutely firing on all cylinders for me. Wish I had more to say, but at 7 or 8 hours in I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface. I did play a 3 set match of tennis. That was a bit much.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Has anyone managed to recreate this GIF in the GTA V remaster yet?

anigif_enhanced-32373-1408718297-1.gif

Everytime I see something like this I immediately think: "Man, how great will this look on PC?"

First thing I'll look into modding is probably the NPC count and despawn time for destroyed cars.

I was one of those guys who didn't buy the last gen version because I was waiting for this. As someone coming in completely fresh: Holy shit. I've been waiting a year for this and it's absolutely firing on all cylinders for me. Wish I had more to say, but at 7 or 8 hours in I still feel like I'm just scratching the surface. I did play a 3 set match of tennis. That was a bit much.

I wish I could find some footage of someone playing tennis in first person. Would love to see how that works out.

Top Bottom