• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I keep wanting to spend money on guns... But I must wait... For the Assassination missions.

I wish they'd have made money easier to acquire in this version outside of those missions.
I wish I could find some footage of someone playing tennis in first person. Would love to see how that works out.
It defaults to third person for tennis. Can't change it unlike the shooting range.

Vidpixel

Been playing this all evening, and I'm falling in love with the scummy world Rockstar has lovingly crafted all over again. Visually, it's pretty amazing looking, especially all the improvements to the lighting and weather effects.

I must say, the standard controls are definitely the way to go. I tried the FPS-specific button layout, and with the way sprinting relies on character momentum, it just doesn't feel right clicking the left stick to sprint instead of the X button.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I keep wanting to spend money on guns... But I must wait... For the Assassination missions.

I wish they'd have made money easier to acquire in this version outside of those missions.

It defaults to third person for tennis. Can't change it unlike the shooting range.

Ah, ok thanks. Another low priority addition to the to-do list when it comes for PC then. :D

Daffy Duck

Un1J8vT.gif

Amazing, how do you flip the bird to people? I cannot remember all the controls.

mil6es

Same, sort of. I had my vehicles after the transfer but when I logged back in later they were all gone. I submitted a support ticket to see if I can re transfer or recover them somehow. Not too fussed though as I have kept everything else.

All ten of my cars are missing as well, created a ticket but I know the waiting time on that is going to be huge!!

Is this for real?

m5QfIhd.png

Will DF do a comparison soon?

they had just the Xbox One version right?

Edit: They have begun looking at the PS4 version now

UPDATE 18/11/14 4:30pm: We've completed work on an initial performance analysis of the PlayStation 4 version of Grand Theft Auto 5, which you can find embedded below. At first blush, we're looking at a very similar release to the Xbox One version - with only one really noticeable difference, the implementation of a lens flare effect that appears either absent or dialled back on Xbox One. Frame-rate is confirmed at 30fps, though the rare dropped frames seen on Xbox One are even less of an issue here. We're working through the game as quickly as we can and our journeys are taking us out of the city, so yes, we're definitely looking into stuff like this and will report back when we have more to share.

antitrop

First person changes everything. I'm enjoying this more than the first time.

Been playing all night with headphones and I'm completely immersed. Nobody does it like Rockstar.

dreamfall

I still can't shake my third person perspective love. I don't know- I immediately had to change the car angle view to high, and zoom out just to catch the best glimpses of the city.

I like first person to really take in all the little details, and it's completely functional- but I'm just not switching it as often as I should be. It feels too comfortable in third!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've probably played about 85% of the game in first person so far. Switch out for third person for stuff like the street races, but that's it. I even tried to do the first heist in first person, and boy, that was something.

Palpable

Pre-ordered 2 copies (one for me and one for my cousin) at best buy. Neither of us have the 1 million redeem codes in the game cases. What the fuck? Can I go back to bestbuy and have them remedy that?

Card Boy

Banned
The part that has got the biggest chuckle out of me so far is the Stranger mission where Michael smokes that reefer and starts shooting aliens. It reminded me of Saints Row.

Michael's reaction is priceless when he gives in to smoke the joint.

Is it just "that Foliage", or is the XBOX-Version in any other way inferior to the PS4-Version?

more or "better" lens flare and less frame drops on PS4 version

I would like to see a comparison of popups of objects and textures. I have noticed some of this on my PS4, its not as bad as it was on PS3 but it still is there.

WITHE1982

I still can't shake my third person perspective love. I don't know- I immediately had to change the car angle view to high, and zoom out just to catch the best glimpses of the city.

I like first person to really take in all the little details, and it's completely functional- but I'm just not switching it as often as I should be. It feels too comfortable in third!

I tend to agree with this. I still love first person view when in buildings to catch all the little stuff now that it's so crisp but It just feels just a bit wrong playing the game in FP mode. I'm sure I'll get used to it though.

Only played for 2 hours last night but was extremely impressed by the IQ. I spent a good hour just reading shit on lamp-posts and being amazed at the detail in all the litter.

One thing though. How do you change your viewing options to enter first person only when shooting?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What kind of car do I need to do the stock racing? And do you have to do them as Trevor? I assume so.

found it. It's sports or muscle.

ryushe

I feel the same way. I really enjoy first-person, but dammit third feels so much better.

I've probably played about 85% of the game in first person so far. Switch out for third person for stuff like the street races, but that's it. I even tried to do the first heist in first person, and boy, that was something.
First person is growing on me. Driving is now doable, but without mirrors you lose a good deal of situational awareness. But at least you can look left and right and click R3 to see behind you (and hold that view while moving).

First person shooting is still just too finicky for me with free aim. I can move the aiming dot within a small margin of where I want to aim, but at that point I can't fine tune it vertically. If I try to micro-nudge the stick, nothing happens, so I have to put more pressure, and wham-zoom the acceleration kicks in and my aim is now completely off target. Been trying to hne some decent settings in the firing range, and I found the best sweet spot for me, but am now using aim assists. This game just doesn't feel like its made for free aim, and believe me I tried the hell out of it with the previous gen version but am finding that the shootouts just play so much better with assists here, doubly so when you're facing enemy AI in GTAO.

So, right now for me its first person driving and shooting, but third person cover.

And seriously, driving your motorcycle in first person and t-boning a car is one hell of a powerful sensation as you fly through the air and tumble. That and doing combat rolls om combat. Amazing stuff ;p

Nyx

The part that has got the biggest chuckle out of me so far is the Stranger mission where Michael smokes that reefer and starts shooting aliens. It reminded me of Saints Row.

Michael's reaction is priceless when he gives in to smoke the joint.

I love the inner monologue of Franklin when he is stoned. :D

el_Nikolinho

Neo Member
anyone else struggling to with gta online on ps4? Just get the "timed out" message if I try to join, and get a ps4 error message and game crash when I try start a solo session.

bud23

Pre-ordered 2 copies (one for me and one for my cousin) at best buy. Neither of us have the 1 million redeem codes in the game cases. What the fuck? Can I go back to bestbuy and have them remedy that?

It apparently is a widespread problem.

While these codes were provided in-pack for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions of Grand Theft Auto V, the fulfillment method for PS4/Xbox One/PC versions is dependent on where you purchased your copy. If purchased on BestBuy.com for either home delivery or store pickup, then you will receive your code by e-mail within 24-48 hours of shipment or pickup. If purchased in-store, then the code will be printed on your final sales receipt at the time of pickup.

If you do not receive your $1,000,000 in-game currency code within those timeframes, then you'll want to follow the instructions outlined in the Game Codes - Read Me First thread floated at the top of this board.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Where-s-my-GTAV-Code/m-p/877755

vesvci

Banned
Just finished a 3 hour binge of this game. The PS4 version looks really great, but the last-gen roots still show (applies to XBO version as well). Irregardless, the game is immersive and a lot, a lot of fun. Awesome game. CoD, BF4, and Halo:MCC are taking a backseat for a while.

Robot Pants

I know it's been asked but how do I solve the 500k money issue? I've entered the code, downloaded jt, the game has told me it redeemed it but I don't see it anywhere

Palpable

I know it's been asked but how do I solve the 500k money issue? I've entered the code, downloaded jt, the game has told me it redeemed it but I don't see it anywhere

At least you got the code! I preordered in bestbuy and the code was supposed to be in the game case or on the receipt, yet I don't have the code on either.

it came to me randomly after Franklin met Michael. all the money is under Franklin's name though, my least used character..

At least you got the code! I preordered in bestbuy and the code was supposed to be in the game case or on the receipt, yet I don't have the code on either.

they email you codes.

Fliesen

Same button you use to shoot (R2/RT) when you're unarmed

which is achieved by switching weapons with SQUARE (or X on the xbone) while in the car, for anyone still stuck gunning down people while trying to flip em off.

it came to me randomly after Franklin met Michael. all the money is under Franklin's name though, my least used character..

yeah, i got the 500k on Franklin as well. I don't remember - is there any way to send money from one character to another?

I mean, i'll be fine by properly investing my money pre Lester missions, as well as optimizing the return of my heists.

Top Bottom