• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

My copy still hasn't arrived. :/

If this would have happened fo any other game, I wouldn't have been as annoyed. But GTA V?

black-dynamite-you-done-fucked-up-now.gif

Ivan

Really bothers me that the text is so small, but I guess that's not a problem exclusive to GTA. Big ass TVs and here I am squinting like a motherfucker to be able to read anything.

Yeah, unbelievable... Why? :(
Same as last gen version , though...

Hystzen

My copy still hasn't arrived. :/

If this would have happened fo any other game, I wouldn't have been as annoyed. But GTA V?

black-dynamite-you-done-fucked-up-now.gif

I dropped Amazon UK after they fucked up my Metro pre order (no stock according to support staff but where selling it for £45 instead the £25 I preordered). Had issues with them before not delivering blu Rays and other stuff in time

Cc23830

So I'm playing on the ps4, it is amazing. But online, that Damn online, broke as a muthfu$ka. Lobbies all by myself, unable to join races and when it does it crashes upon loading. At least my character is all transferred and ready. O and single player bonus sorted, multiplayer bonus is a big fat zero

rallaren

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I want to be first-person on foot but third-person driving? Is there a way to lock that choice. I hate having to keep switching.

I dropped Amazon UK after they fucked up my Metro pre order (no stock according to support staff but where selling it for £45 instead the £25 I preordered). Had issues with them before not delivering blu Rays and other stuff in time

I've used them for years and haven't had a single problem in regards to games getting here on release day. Hell, I even ordered Far Cry 4 after ordering GTA V and that should be here in an hour or two (based off the tracking info, which GTA V has none of btw).

Gbraga

I was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it that much after playing the PS3 version for so long, but I had a blast yesterday. Only played it for a short time, but I loved it. I wish they would import our money from the last gen versions, I want to buy more clothes but I don't wanna do any more missions right now D:

LogicStep

The game is pretty great, looks great and the city is huge and full of life. I don't like the feel of the controls, especially when aiming, it feels too floaty. First person view looks very cool but because of the floatyness I prefer to play third person. If the controls were tighter it would be much better.

Ted

Do you have to buy good cars to do well in races, or does everyone get the same choice before each race?

It depends on if the host has selected custom cars to be usable or not. If custom cars are available you can select any car in the right class from your own garage, if they are not you are only able to use a car from a list of stock cars in the selected class (and choose the colour).

which is achieved by switching weapons with SQUARE (or X on the xbone) while in the car, for anyone still stuck gunning down people while trying to flip em off.

yeah, i got the 500k on Franklin as well. I don't remember - is there any way to send money from one character to another?

I mean, i'll be fine by properly investing my money pre Lester missions, as well as optimizing the return of my heists.

What's the best way to manipulate the stock market?

Is there a way to set default views for the game? I'd love to be able to get into an aircraft and have it default to first person, third person for cars and first person on foot. Tis a bit annoying having to cycle through them every time I get into a car and stuff.

shandy706

Really bothers me that the text is so small, but I guess that's not a problem exclusive to GTA. Big ass TVs and here I am squinting like a motherfucker to be able to read anything.

I'm sitting 12-15' from my 46", no problem at all reading any text (including little popups in bottom/top left).

Time to invest in glasses/contacts my friend. Or update the prescription. :)

TheContact

First person is so awesome. Got to play for like an hour yesterday. Driving is a lot harder because you don't have the vision you need but it's really fun. First person taxi rides is something I wanted so bad since gta iv did it but what we got was that plus waaaayy more

Acorn

Man, I fucking love this game. I'm surprised how much I've forgotten over the last year, the dialogue is so fucking good and genuinely funny.

My favourite interactions are Michael and his family. Trevor and his misfits is close though.

Fliesen

What's the best way to manipulate the stock market?

As for story mode, Lester's mission always include you fucking over one company, making their stocks dive, and their competitor's stocks soar.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-how-to-make-the-most-out-of-gta-5s-stock-market
this seems to be a pretty decent guide on when to invest in what company and where the peaks are at which to sell the stock again.

Properly invest each characters entire money on the competitor of the company you're going to cause damage to, before accepting the mission, to maximize output. As most stock will eventually normalize again, after the mission is when you should invest a lot of money in the stock you ruined.
to maximize your post-story cash, you should actually keep the Lester missions untouched and go about them once you finished the story campaign, as you'll have to have the most starting funds then

other than that, i have no idea, haven't partaken in the "let's all buy XYZ shares" market manipulation stuff.

murgo

My copy from Amazon.FR just arrived. Unfortunately the physical map is in french as well :D
Why, oh why do you have to wait for it to install first.. ARGH. I wanna play :(

So uh.

Since installing the update, my single player save is gone. It just loads right into the opening.
Pause the game, go to Game, then click load game. If it's anything like the 360 version it sometimes thinks the new game is the most recent save, but yours should still be there.

Pachimari

If your Social Club account acknowledges your PS3 playtrhough nice and dandy (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps3/career/overview/michael) you should be good to go, assuming your using the same PSN on PS4. If upgrading to Bone, you have to link your XBL as well.

You should get a notification about your content when you finish the first mission with Franklin and Lamar. You'll go to your bed and save the game, and the notification prompts when you leave your house after that.

At least that's what happened in my case.

I left the house but there's no notifications. I'm gonna check it out again.

It's the same PSN id and everything.

Wil348

GTA Online seems to be in a better state than yesterday. When I'm not timing out, I can make it into a session with at least 16 players.

Alienous

What am I missing? How do you throw up the middle finger? I thought it was by pressing both analog sticks at the same time...?

In a car select your fists as a weapon and aim. Your character will point their middle finger, and it will get reactions from NPCs.

Outside of a vehicle tap right on the D-pad to insult pedestrians, which will get a similar response.

In a car select your fists as a weapon and aim. Your character will point their middle finger, and it will get reactions from NPCs.

Outside of a vehicle tap right on the D-pad to insult pedestrians, which will get a similar response.

Thanks. Can't walk around with the middle finger up?

Alienous

Thanks. Can't walk around with the middle finger up?

You can in GTA Online, but it's an emote.

If you want to insult someone in GTA V while on foot tap right on the D-Pad near them. Michael, Franklin or Trevor will shout an insult at the person you are looking at.

Top Bottom