• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

If your Social Club account acknowledges your PS3 playtrhough nice and dandy (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps3/career/overview/michael) you should be good to go, assuming your using the same PSN on PS4. If upgrading to Bone, you have to link your XBL as well.

You should get a notification about your content when you finish the first mission with Franklin and Lamar. You'll go to your bed and save the game, and the notification prompts when you leave your house after that.

At least that's what happened in my case.

Wait a sec. This doesn't work for people that don't have a PS Plus then? For unlocking the single player content?

Ahh no biggie, I'll just get a 2 day trial and do it that way.

Played the game for a a couple hours last night on PS4. My notes:

Graphics and gameplay are overall pretty fucking great.

Controls in first person mode are frustrating. When sprinting only the right stick controls.

The option to disable DoF is welcomed. Am I crazy, or does it increase performance from a FPS standpoint?

Default controls are crap. Who wants to hand brake with R1? Running by mashing X? Fuck that. Would love button-mapping, but happy with the following: Alternate FPS 2 for both 1st and 3rd person control type. Enabled alternate handbrake control.

the pier / fun park at night looks amazing particularly if it rains, and leaves reflective puddles around. The roller coaster works much more immersively vs last gen.

found a huge bug though; if you scare off the bongo player, the girls dancing to him dont stop dancing :)

ekim

I just installed the new update (not the day one patch) on Xbox one and now I can't shoot out of cars anymore... Can anyone please confirm this?

jaaz

Man, we need a list of the button presses and their respective actions in the game, depending on the situation. The settings do not address every situation in the game. And if you miss the tiny message on the upper left--assuming it even shows up at all--you're screwed. Took me 10 minutes yesterday to figure out how to dismiss Chop. He kept wanting to jump in my ride, which is NOT happening. Let Lamar take that smelly fleabag in his crappy van.

Hystzen

I so far spent 1 and half hours looking for a Pug to take photo of for that photography side quest. Still not found one after all this time

Jhn

Tried to make a thread on the rockstar support forums about the input lag and shitty aim acceleration curve.
Got deleted.
I guess that makes sense if it's only for "bugs", but to where should one direct something like this if not to there?

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Played around for about five hours yesterday- still as much fun and expansive as I remember but noticing the visual upgrade too. Had to adjust the safezone settings of my PS4 however as the radar was tight in the bottom corner.

Hoping to sink more time in on Friday with my day off work :)

red731

Tried to make a thread on the rockstar support forums about the input lag and shitty aim acceleration curve.
Got deleted.
I guess that makes sense if it's only for "bugs", but to where should one direct something like this if not to there?

hashtag twitterbombing?

My main question. How are the jaggies? They were god awful on the PS3 and 360, and that was honestly my biggest gripe. So...are they here like they were in last gen?

Just bought the Grove garage with Franklin and I am missing all the cars from the update packs. Is this normal?

Also got the trigger for the wildlife challenges, nice.

I'm torn, should i get this or Farcry 4 on X1? i already played this on PS3.

I'd say Far Cry 4, go in with something fresh. I kind of regret having jumped straight in with GTAV. It looks great, but having 100%'d it last year I'm still feeling a bit burnt out on it.

Now I'm waiting for a sale on Far Cry 4 before I try that, but I should've done it the other way round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1gQWlOqF0w&list=UUFiHjGyrJux8Rt4e6mUPU-w

GTA V on PS4 - How to play as an animal. (Mountain lion, Pigeon, coyote, Seagull, Crow and more)

(press R2 to Poop)

Hahahaah so glad they didn't announce all the changes. Love it. R*'s take on Tokyo Jungle.

Oni Jazar

The potential of GTA:Online is amazing. The giant open world mayhem along with races, death-matches, co-op missions and much more seems like it could last forever.

However the matchmaking SUCKS. I every time I try to join a random job I get put into an empty lobby.

I think having different aiming modes splitting the online is a bad idea. I'd love to be able to have everyone play with no auto-aim but if that means I'm always going to be playing alone I'd rather just have a single aim method that 100% had to use.

Haha, holy shit. I heard something being posted through my letterbox just now, so I jump up and collect it...only to find that it was Far Cry 4, not GTA V. So I sit down, disappointed and slightly pissed off that it wasn't GTA V, when I hear another parcel being posted through my letterbox, less than a minute later. Lo and behold, it was GTA V. Ain't that some shit? Two separate courier services delivering both games within a minute of each other.

LETS DO THIS!

shandy706

So I'm just taking it easy, having a walk in the lowlands/marsh...

tbqria.gif

...and decide to hop in my truck to head back to the city.

slwxjb.gif

When this happens....

wnkxcv.gif

Haha, love this game.

Cc23830

So all morning in lobbies with zero people and the occasional 2 player race,
Last 5 minutes it kicks me in to a lobby with at least 10 people in, I join one last race and it has 14 racers. Damn work taking up valuable good server time

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Love this gen and online games.... suddenly nothing has to work anymore.

"Don't worry guys we're fixing it, at some point."

Mogwai

Sorry if this has been discussed to death. But why does the top of the screen blur when you look down a little. Is it to mask that the console are managing resources?

Sorry if this has been discussed to death. But why does the top of the screen blur when you look down a little. Is it to mask that the console are managing resources?
I think it's supposed to be a DOF effect
Like because when you look down you're focusing on the floor in front of you, the edges are blurred or something

LtOrange

I have the $800,000 from the preorder and want to buy an apartment. I am new to GTA Online and was looking to see what you guys would recommend. There are so many options!

Mogwai

I think it's supposed to be a DOF effect
Like because when you look down you're focusing on the floor in front of you, the edges are blurred or something
It looks pretty cool and weird at the same time. Can't really decide what I think. Did the PS3/X360 versions do that too?

Here is a question to anyone who had the Special/Collector's Edition on PS3 or 360...

Is the game making you pay for the weapons (.50 Pistol, Bullpop Shotgun, Melee Hammer) that were in that? Rockstar said that those owners wouldn't have to spend in-game money for the items but it's not "Free" for me. The Stunt Plane Trials and Special Parents (Claude, Niko, Misty) for Online show up so the game at least knows I did have the CE before.

Raptor

luckily, shooting stuff is only 1% of what you spend time doing in the single player campaign or to 100% things.

What do you mean?

I like to shot people, enemies I mean.

Yes I like to do other stuff but I need to have something to shot once in a while.

Shit I can't remember how this games are structured.

Top Bottom