• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I have the $800,000 from the preorder and want to buy an apartment. I am new to GTA Online and was looking to see what you guys would recommend. There are so many options!
One of those suites with the giant garages. You need one for heist if I recall correctly.
(unless of course something changed since It was announced so long ago)

antitrop

Get your Shooting stat up to 100 at the range before you complain the FPS controls are too floaty. That improves things quite a bit.

The 25% discount for getting all Gold medals is easy and worth the time.

dorikyasu

Hearing phone calls and Police chatters coming through controller speaker was surreal... A lot more effective than I thought it would be. Too bad I'll have to turn it off since I mostly play at night with headphones on.
Also as awesome as new first person perspective is, it made me sick after a while. Thankfully, switching view is simple enough I will be toggling back and forth often.

Dante316

go to your display options and make sure independent camera modes is on. then, next time you enter a vehicle just leave it in 3rd person and it'll stay that way

Ohhh lol then that should work on all instances..ty, I felt like a idiot for 30 min staring at controls.

Raptor

SP. I've never played GTA Online before, it's not really my thing.

Hey Anti, can you more or less in so many words explain to me how it feels to shot enemies?

What is that about input delay?

Also what is that that shoting is 1% of what you do in this game?

whiteape

Get your Shooting stat up to 100 at the range before you complain the FPS controls are too floaty. That improves things quite a bit.

You get a 25% discount for gold medals when you have 100 in shooting? So are they easier then?

Derpyduck

Banned

I was 100 percent from the start thanks to the transfer. FPS shooting controls still stink.

I was able to get into GTAO fine and get my character transferred, but I still don't have any of the money I'm supposed to get. Also, every lobby I was in was empty (just me) and all the job I got into dropped.

I don't think I'll be able to play whole sections of the game in first person. It's not really clicking with me but I do think it's really cool. I keep switching back to it just to see the difference. I'm too used to third person and every time I switch I screw up the mission.

I also totally forgot the the high camera/low camera setting was in the game. I couldn't figure out why the camera was so bad and I couldn't see around the car until I moved it back up.

chris121580

This game is gorgeous! Right after the blimp unlocked, I took it for a spin around the map during the night time. The view was incredible. I'm looking forward to playing through this again

Oh man, this is incredible. I was worried the shooting would feel bad in FP after hearing other people complain about it but I'm having zero problems (free aim). Feels great to aim. I'm loving the Rainbow Six-esque third-person cover/first person shooting options.

I know this has been asked a hundred times already, but how do I redeem my 'welcome back' package thingy? I really want that Mad Max style muscle car.

Enjoying the crap out of it. I'm walking around in 1st person but still driving in 3rd. 1st person reversing is difficult without hitting something haha.

antitrop

I was 100 percent from the start thanks to the transfer. FPS shooting controls still stink.
Ya, we just have to keep our fingers crossed they get their shit together in GTA 6, but the game is nearly unplayable with Free Aim when you first start out. There is a huge difference once you get to 100. Especially as Franklin, because his stat starts low as fuck.

Raptor

Oh man, this is incredible. I was worried the shooting would feel bad in FP after hearing other people complain about it but I'm having zero problems (free aim). Feels great to aim. I'm loving the Rainbow Six-esque third-person cover/first person shooting options.

I know this has been asked a hundred times already, but how do I redeem my 'welcome back' package thingy? I really want that Mad Max style muscle car.

Hey man, can you try for me the third person shoting?

How does it feel?

Raptomex

Same here. Feels great for me, too.

antitrop

You get a 25% discount for gold medals when you have 100 in shooting? So are they easier then?

No, if you get all Gold medals at the range, you get a 25% discount at Ammu-nation. You get 15% for completing them all with Bronze or Silver. By time you're done, the Shooting stat should be at 100 for whoever you were using.

So FP is better when free aim is selected?

Nah, I still play with Partial Aim Assisted Lock-on, that's pretty much the way the game was designed to be played. The mechanics aren't up to snuff enough for Free-Aim to feel great.

One thing that might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm sure is a change, is that it's much more risky to just blindly run through red lights now, I've been crashed into by NPCs way more than I did last gen.

Was the interact with pedestrians thing in the game last gen? That seems new or I just totally missed it last time round.

Also the cats are cute :3

One thing that might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I'm sure is a change, is that it's much more risky to just blindly run through red lights now, I've been crashed into by NPCs way more than I did last gen.

Was the interact with pedestrians thing in the game last gen? That seems new or I just totally missed it last time round.

Also the cats are cute :3
I was wondering the same thing but my GF said it was in the Last gta V.

Still trying to figure out why I can't sell my Vacca? I'm a simple person who doesn't want 10 cars but the best apartment.. Wish I could get the best apartment and have a garage the size for 5 cars

Is this for online or single player?

Both. In single player there are two specific occasions when they bring it up to the player. Michael calls Franklin and tell him to get his shooting up at the range for the heist. And the on a mission with Franklin and Lamar where you have to go get a shotgun with a flashlight, it tells you about it again.

Has anyone received the 800K bonus for pre ordering digitally for the PS4?

Also what are necessities to buy for online mode?

I know braving a buzzard is important, anything else?

Gbraga

Grand Theft Jojo

PS4 version should include Walkmans so you can listen to your JoJo shit when you go for a walk.

CHVRCHES are awesome but I'd have to go with:

Portishead: Numb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15Q07yAtKfs

or

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Fortunate Son
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBfjU3_XOaA

I'm not familiar with those, I'll take a look, thanks!

In the vanilla game, I was in love with General Lee and California Grrls, every time one of those started, shit got REAL.

Run over EVERYTHING

If your Social Club account acknowledges your PS3 playtrhough nice and dandy (http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps3/career/overview/michael) you should be good to go, assuming your using the same PSN on PS4. If upgrading to Bone, you have to link your XBL as well.

You should get a notification about your content when you finish the first mission with Franklin and Lamar. You'll go to your bed and save the game, and the notification prompts when you leave your house after that.

At least that's what happened in my case.

Is the notification the text message from lamar about the monkey dude doing street art?

Seventy5

This game is gorgeous! Right after the blimp unlocked, I took it for a spin around the map during the night time. The view was incredible. I'm looking forward to playing through this again
I started playing and when I got that message I was like wtf?. So I called, "Hey I need a blimp right now!" is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Has anyone received the 800K bonus for pre ordering digitally for the PS4?

Also what are necessities to buy for online mode?

I know braving a buzzard is important, anything else?

I haven't and I thought it was supposed to be over a million we got.

Get a buzzard, get a Super class car and get a small plane (stunt plane is good and cheaper)

You will want the super class for racing and the small planes are more fun. I bought a huge luxury jet and it's too expensive, hard to to fly by's with and I've never had other people get in the plane with me so buying a big one for more seats wasn't worth it.

todahawk

I have the $800,000 from the preorder and want to buy an apartment. I am new to GTA Online and was looking to see what you guys would recommend. There are so many options!

I've been in Tinsel Towers Apt 42 for a long time. Nice view but I really like the location. Has a 10 car garage as well. I need to find a second apt now that I have some extra $$$.

If you go on youtube you can find videos that preview all of the locations, just search gta 5 apartments or something like that.

Top Bottom