• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

King326

Picked this up yesterday for $40 including Gamers Club Membership from Best Buy. Gamers Club is only $30 when you buy a new game.

Had them match target's $30 trade in. The game becomes $48 because I'm getting GC, had $15 worth of rewards certificate. Then on top of that I applies the $30 trade in Gift Card they gave me for last gen's GTA.

2 Year Membership + GTAV for $40. Epic deal!!

Lidas

Neo Member
One major thing (besides the deadzone and stick acceleration) that makes first person view feel weird is the the auto centering. If you stand still you can freely look around and the view will not auto center, but if you move it will. As soon as you let go of the analog stick the view will center itself. I can remember Duke Nukem 3D on N64 doing the same thing, and I hated it.

Is there any way to turn this off?

On the PS4 audio settings, is this Wireless Stereo Headset (CECHYA-0080) profile option for the Pulse Elites?
Well, I dunno about your Elites, but my Elite model number is 0086, not the 0080 it says. The warning message scared me away from using it...but...they are the GTA Edition Elites...it *should* work D: I haven't used it though, so, it just may.
So what's the go-to NeoGAF PS4 GTA Online crew at this stage?
There is an Online OT in Community now. There is one main PS3/4 Crew, called Gaming Age Family. If any PS peeps want in, send me a FR on the R* Social Club, and mention your Gaf name too. I'll send you an invite that you can accept either in game or on the Social Club website.
I have the $800,000 from the preorder and want to buy an apartment. I am new to GTA Online and was looking to see what you guys would recommend. There are so many options!
About 200k is the cheapest 10 car garage with apartment, up to 500k. THe 200k-400k apartments have the exact same interior, the view and how much of said view is the main difference. 500k has a new, single story layout, but the view isn't as cool I think...check out you tube for apartment walk throughs.

Repeating, in case it gets lost - Anyone on PS4 (3 too!) that want in the Gaf crew, send me a PM on the R* Social Club with your Gaf name. I'll send you an invite!

Gbraga

Well, I dunno about your Elites, but my Elite model number is 0086, not the 0080 it says. The warning message scared me away from using it...but...they are the GTA Edition Elites...it *should* work D: I haven't used it though, so, it just may.

Mine are 0086 too, but I'm using it without any problems so far.

I guess it's just because they don't have a GTA V profile in the PS4 app. Or do they?

Krakn3Dfx

This and TLOU are what the Vita was made for. Portable GTA is just a thing of beauty. Did you find the controls a little awkward or are they OK?

Seems fine, back left touch controls the weapons wheel, it's not great if you don't like using the rear panel, but it's not something you constantly have to do, so I think it's fine.

It would be pretty amazing if Sony added DS4 controller support to the Vita though.

Question for those who had GTA on 360/PS3 and also nextgen:

In the nextgen version, are all of the perks for having the previous game (eg return customer bonus) immediately unlocked? For instance, i'm still very early in the game and if I go into Ammunation I see the Rail gun but it's greyed out and says "Out of Stock," I also can't find the weapons that I got for getting the special edition 360 version (like the the .50 cal handgun).

I'm thinking these are just locked until the story mode opens up further... I'm just a handful of Franklin/Michael missions in, but I don't quite remember.

THanks!

Gbraga

Question for those who had GTA on 360/PS3 and also nextgen:

In the nextgen version, are all of the perks for having the previous game (eg return customer bonus) immediately unlocked? For instance, i'm still very early in the game and if I go into Ammunation I see the Rail gun but it's greyed out and says "Out of Stock," I also can't find the weapons that I got for getting the special edition 360 version (like the the .50 cal handgun).

I'm thinking these are just locked until the story mode opens up further... I'm just a handful of Franklin/Michael missions in, but I don't quite remember.

THanks!

You just have access to them, but they're not unlocked right away, unfortunately.

Juz

I've played for a few hours now.

First person feels pretty good. I think I'll still play the majority of this in third person, but I like that there's a choice.

This can look quite gorgeous. Especially driving around at night, while listening to some FlyLo.

Transferred my character without a problem and had my 4 cars and a bike in my garage. But when I came back online 3 of the cars and the bike were gone :/

WITHE1982

Seems fine, back left touch controls the weapons wheel, it's not great if you don't like using the rear panel, but it's not something you constantly have to do, so I think it's fine.

It would be pretty amazing if Sony added DS4 controller support to the Vita though.

I'd also love this as it's looking less and less likely that we'll ever get an official R2 + L2 grip. I really do hate using the rear touch pad. Hopefully I can bind controls to the touch screen instead.

When you take a photo with your camera it goes to the "Photo Gallery". Where is that? I can't find it anywhere. Thought maybe it went to the PS4 Capture Gallery but no dice.

Also, FPS mode in this game is just crazy. It provides such a sense of place and scale.

As for story mode, Lester's mission always include you fucking over one company, making their stocks dive, and their competitor's stocks soar.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-how-to-make-the-most-out-of-gta-5s-stock-market
this seems to be a pretty decent guide on when to invest in what company and where the peaks are at which to sell the stock again.

Properly invest each characters entire money on the competitor of the company you're going to cause damage to, before accepting the mission, to maximize output. As most stock will eventually normalize again, after the mission is when you should invest a lot of money in the stock you ruined.
to maximize your post-story cash, you should actually keep the Lester missions untouched and go about them once you finished the story campaign, as you'll have to have the most starting funds then

other than that, i have no idea, haven't partaken in the "let's all buy XYZ shares" market manipulation stuff.

Cool, thank you. Looks like I need to do the lester missions last to maximize money.

Of course, franklin has an extra 500k on him cause of the pre order bonus... hrm.

You just have access to them, but they're not unlocked right away, unfortunately.

Oh, good. I was worried it wouldn't work. I'm okay with that because if you immediately had access to those great guns, it'd throw off the balance of the early missions.

Also, does anybody know what "Safe Zone Width" or whatever that settting is actually does? It's under Settings -> Display I think... And you can control a width around the screen. I don't get what it does?

Dinokill

How do I get the Achievements in GTAO? My character is level 25 and when I transferred the characters from 360 did not get any achievements at all.

I already bought Pisswasser shares as Michael. I only bought ~$2000 at $4.50/share and before I went to bed I already made a 10% profit.

Just buy low and sell high; check daily if you have to. If the price drops to less than a dollar on any company jump on it immediately. Even a small increase will bring exponential profits.

Also, does anybody know what "Safe Zone Width" or whatever that settting is actually does? It's under Settings -> Display I think... And you can control a width around the screen. I don't get what it does?

Many older TVs (Tube TVs and Projection units) have what is known as "overscan" where part of the image around the edges is not displayed. It was a common practice for years because TV broadcasters would use that area to "hide" certain information in the broadcast (timings and the like). So if you own one of these types of sets, you can use that adjustment to make sure all of the game's HUD fits on your screen and nothing is cut off.

realcZk

Really tempted to pick this up again after checking out some screenshots. That, and the GTA Online changes. Shiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Chabbles

Why oh why did i order this off simplygames instead of picking it up locally... im at the mercy of the postal service right now whos decided to delay my shit.

todahawk

When you take a photo with your camera it goes to the "Photo Gallery". Where is that? I can't find it anywhere. Thought maybe it went to the PS4 Capture Gallery but no dice.

Also, FPS mode in this game is just crazy. It provides such a sense of place and scale.

Someone already mentioned the social club website but last night I saw a 'photo gallery' section in the options menu. Dig around in there too.

MADGAME

Quick question guys.

I hopped on last night to download the update and transfer my character and all went smoothly, but I didn't see the option for a solo online session? It's been a while since I played on PS3 so I hope I just missed it.

Still possible to do an online session solo?

Portugeezer

I noticed in FPS mode you character always runs and you press X (or A) to sprint, whereas in third person you always do a slow walk, press X to run, and tap it to sprint.

Is there an option to keep my player running without pressing A? Much more intuitive, makes me go into first person sometimes just for the ease of movement (especially in missions where you walk around in a building a lot)

I'm really annoyed with the controls (PS4). At first I thought the game had tremendous lag when turning the camera/aiming but then I figured out the game just has a huge deadzone and you have to push the stick too far to start the movement. Then it seems there is some sort of acceleration at play. I've tried adjusting the sensitivity in the options and that helped somewhat but the deadzone remains. Does the XB1 version suffer from this as well?

I haven't and I thought it was supposed to be over a million we got.

Get a buzzard, get a Super class car and get a small plane (stunt plane is good and cheaper)

You will want the super class for racing and the small planes are more fun. I bought a huge luxury jet and it's too expensive, hard to to fly by's with and I've never had other people get in the plane with me so buying a big one for more seats wasn't worth it.
Thanks for the advice, the plan right now is to get an Adder (super-races), 9F (sports-races-main driving car in free roam), and buzzard.

When you say the stunt planes are fun what exactly are they good for? Just cruising in the air? I'm not familiar with flying online and I just didn't think a lot of people did it.

Also anyone think that new apartments may be available in the next big update? I don't know if I should blow cash upgrading my apartment (I have a 10 garage one but I like the newer layouts).

I regards to actually "playing the stock market" - The Bawsaq market is much riskier....but the rewards are there if you look.

Long story short, I plowed through SP early last year, clearing the Lester missions, so I was stuck with the Market. I was manipulating LCN Stocks over weeks, and I was making some dough. I then spend one night, reviewing all the Bawsaq stocks (the market tied to online), and found one that looked worthy. Dumped all my money in it (post game millions), and in the morning I had made 350+% percent. Granted...I was lucky with that purchase...but it pays if you research and pay attention to some over a few days.

Getting that money was the biggest win in any "game of chance" like thing I've had in a while, it was awesome.
Thanks for the advice, the plan right now is to get an Adder (super-races), 9F (sports-races-main driving car in free roam), and buzzard.

When you say the stunt planes are fun what exactly are they good for? Just cruising in the air? I'm not familiar with flying online and I just didn't think a lot of people did it.

Also anyone think that new apartments may be available in the next big update? I don't know if I should blow cash upgrading my apartment (I have a 10 garage one but I like the newer layouts).
I say SCREW the super car for now, get a Sports car and tune it out to the max. The main difference is the acceleration, supers DO accell a little faster, but the top speeds are about identical. I laugh at Adder's in my Comet, as we are neck and neck screaming down the freeway. Sports cars are cheaper to buy and replace, too, when they get blown up. Your call though, I just think a Sports car is a better initial investment, and a Super comes down the road.

Stunt planes are great for screwing around in the air, no real reason otherwise. Just to terrorize the citizens of LS! I got a vid of me ejecting mine into someone :D Flying is a blast, I love skimming the ground above chaos.

New apartments might not come for a while. THe last update brough mid level houses...I think we may start seeing mansions soon. Once the houses have had their run, perhaps new apartments later.

Striker

Has anyone received the 800K bonus for pre ordering digitally for the PS4?

Also what are necessities to buy for online mode?

I know braving a buzzard is important, anything else?
Tank and tons of vehicles, bikes, planes, and heli's.

-- beaten, lol

Trying to get online now but I keep getting sessions timed out. Eff.

Oh, apparently I can get in by myself. But if I hit "Go" it doesn't let me.

todahawk

Quick question guys.

I hopped on last night to download the update and transfer my character and all went smoothly, but I didn't see the option for a solo online session? It's been a while since I played on PS3 so I hope I just missed it.

Still possible to do an online session solo?

Yep, was on PS4 last night and saw the option to do a closed online session as well as invite only and friends only.

Preordered the digital version through Gamestop (had credit) and still haven't received the 1m bonus. I hope I don't get fucked over with this.

shandy706

I was in the water when I saw this shark coming and made haste to the boat..lol.

How lethal are the sharks?

How do you attack them? Is there an opportunity to fight them? Are they easy to kill in any way?

Is there a place I can get scuba gear/a spear gun?

nxivqs.gif

MADGAME

Yep, was on PS4 last night and saw the option to do a closed online session as well as invite only and friends only.

Thanks Toda, glad to know. It's been awhile since I played. It took a while to download and transfer so by the time it was finished it was late, and I didn't feel like going through every menu option and I didn't see it in the "online" menu tree.

Is there a max level? It's been so long since I played and my guy is level 192.

RS4-

I regards to actually "playing the stock market" - The Bawsaq market is much riskier....but the rewards are there if you look.

Long story short, I plowed through SP early last year, clearing the Lester missions, so I was stuck with the Market. I was manipulating LCN Stocks over weeks, and I was making some dough. I then spend one night, reviewing all the Bawsaq stocks (the market tied to online), and found one that looked worthy. Dumped all my money in it (post game millions), and in the morning I had made 350+% percent. Granted...I was lucky with that purchase...but it pays if you research and pay attention to some over a few days.

Getting that money was the biggest win in any "game of chance" like thing I've had in a while, it was awesome.

or Gamefaqs! I think I ended the game with 1.8B for each character. Damn trophies.

Here is a question to anyone who had the Special/Collector's Edition on PS3 or 360...

Is the game making you pay for the weapons (.50 Pistol, Bullpop Shotgun, Melee Hammer) that were in that? Rockstar said that those owners wouldn't have to spend in-game money for the items but it's not "Free" for me. The Stunt Plane Trials and Special Parents (Claude, Niko, Misty) for Online show up so the game at least knows I did have the CE before.

I'd love to know this too. I had the special edition on the 360 and I see nothing free or anything that shows I had it. :(

I was in the water when I saw this shark coming and made haste to the boat..lol.

How lethal are the sharks?

How do you attack them? Is there an opportunity to fight them? Are they easy to kill in any way?

Is there a place I can get scuba gear/a spear gun?

nxivqs.gif

The sharks are deadly when you are swimming. But I don't think they can damage a boat.

You get scuba gear later in the single player game after doing a particular story mission. You can also purchase a dock on the north-west corner of the map. Unfortunately you can only get the gear by going onto the boat in that area and going out with that boat. Kind of a bummer.

Yeah, it's really for flying. It can be handy to get around fast as well. I see lots of people fly and with a smaller plane you can get between building and try to crash it into people. I bought a plane because I was determined to own one of everything, car, boat, plane, copter etc. I just wish I had bought a smaller plane for it.

You won't be using custom planes in air races so unless you want to screw around in a plane for fun then leave that till last, or just leave it out.

Don't but a tank. It's expensive as hell and kind of fun but you get penalized for destroying other player's custom cars. If you keep doing it you get put in lobby's that only have 'poor sports'. I've ended up there and it was just 16 people all with tanks and I couldn't survive at all.

shandy706

The sharks are deadly when you are swimming. But I don't think they can damage a boat.

You get scuba gear later in the single player game after doing a particular story mission. You can also purchase a dock on the north-west corner of the map. Unfortunately you can only get the gear by going onto the boat in that area and going out with that boat. Kind of a bummer.

Thanks for the info :)

The bolded part sucks though.

antitrop

Transferred my character without a problem and had my 4 cars and a bike in my garage. But when I came back online 3 of the cars and the bike were gone :/

GTA III taught me not to get too attached to my vehicles, and that still rings true in 2014.

Top Bottom