• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

todahawk

Thanks Toda, glad to know. It's been awhile since I played. It took a while to download and transfer so by the time it was finished it was late, and I didn't feel like going through every menu option and I didn't see it in the "online" menu tree.

Is there a max level? It's been so long since I played and my guy is level 192.
No prob!
I'm pretty sure we're already on each other's friends lists, right? Thought I saw you online last night

Yeah, I just messed around a bit. I went digital and it finally finished installing around 10:30pm last night. Played the first single player mission, saved and did the transfer before coming back. Took me a bit to remember where some stuff was at too.

192??? I'm only at 89!
Some googling says the level cap is 1000 which makes sense because I thought I saw some 200 and 300 level guys before.

Holy shit. This game looks incredible at night.

Quick question: how do I retrieve my money for SP and MP?
Not ignoring ya, don't know myself!

God I love this game so much. Running after a cat in the mountains in first person mode... Priceless!

I just wish they hadn't released the abomination of a last gen version. Would have been great to experience this version the first time. Also the touchpad stuff is really really good. Love flicking grenades just like that.

The Argus

No prob!
I'm pretty sure we're already on each other's friends lists, right? Thought I saw you online last night

Yeah, I just messed around a bit. I went digital and it finally finished installing around 10:30pm last night. Played the first single player mission, saved and did the transfer before coming back. Took me a bit to remember where some stuff was at too.

192??? I'm only at 89!
Some googling says the level cap is 1000 which makes sense because I thought I saw some 200 and 300 level guys before.

Not ignoring ya, don't know myself!

Goto the PSN Store from within the pause menu. They'll be there.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The sharks are deadly when you are swimming. But I don't think they can damage a boat.

You get scuba gear later in the single player game after doing a particular story mission. You can also purchase a dock on the north-west corner of the map. Unfortunately you can only get the gear by going onto the boat in that area and going out with that boat. Kind of a bummer.

And you can never get the full scuba gear like you do in SP.

The SP scuba even has a bunch of different animation than free foam... very disappointing the full scuba experience is so limited to that one SP mission.

God I love this game so much. Running after a cat in the mountains in first person mode... Priceless!

I just wish they hadn't released the abomination of a last gen version. Would have been great to experience this version the first time. Also the touchpad stuff is really really good. Love flicking grenades just like that.

Me too, man. Me too. I'm in a Skype call right now with a friend and we're both like excited little girls. XD

FP view is seriously a game changer. I'm just walking up and down Franklin's street talking to people and soaking in the little details. So immersive!

How do I find the PSN store in the pause menu?

antitrop

Me too, man. Me too. I'm in a Skype call right now with a friend and we're both like excited little girls. XD

FP view is seriously a game changer. I'm just walking up and down Franklin's street talking to people and soaking in the little details. So immersive!

The Last of Us just barely beat out GTA V for my GOTY last year, but I'm honestly enjoying GTA V on PS4 a bit more than I did The Last of Us: Remastered. Rockstar really pulled no punches. Or as few as they possibly could have.

Fully agreed! The game still "plays" better in 3rd person mode because that's what it was designed for, but in many situations 1st person mode gives the better experience. The driving is ok, but on foot it can be amazing.

Enjoying the game a lot but I have to get used to how it controls all over again. I like the first person view but it feels a tad bit off. I guess it's the auto-centering or something...dunno.

Apt101

Using the cargo copter to drop cars on people never gets old. Then putting explosives on the chopper and waiting for someone get into it.

The Argus

IIRC it's the second to last option. Hit start in game and keep pressing right on the dpad past Game Controls Video etc and you'll see it. Open that and it will present you the available dlcs, for me it was 800k for multi and 500k for single, each their own download.

Muffdraul

Don't know if this has come up again, but yesterday some of us were discussing how there's no new talk radio added to this version. Welp, turns out actually there is! After just a few seconds of listening to Chakra Attack last night I realized it was a whole new episode. I assume there must be other new stuff on both talk stations, but that's the only one I caught during my play session.

todahawk

awesome, thanks!

Yep, from Destiny. If you want to raise some hell when we are both on, I'm game.
sure thing, I'll look for ya... and don't hesitate to send me an invite if I'm playing single player.

Yeah, I really like aiming down sights and driving FP is more fun than I thought. A bit touchy but still really fun.

I need to find that 'Rainbow Six' option someone mentioned where you can supposedly snap to third person when in cover.

Is it me or did they tweak/enchance the engine sounds? I don't remember the cars sounding so damn good.

Raptor

The Last of Us just barely beat out GTA V for my GOTY last year, but I'm honestly enjoying GTA V on PS4 a bit more than I did The Last of Us: Remastered. Rockstar really pulled no punches. Or as few as they possibly could have.

0042_n9slj.gif

every time i play online i see a

"Alert

your profile only has permissions for rockstar content
are you sure you would like to continue?"

i just say ok and play but why is this here 0_o

purg3

slept with Malkin
goddamnit, sucked into the GTA hype train again. Picking this up later today I guess, and I just bought DA:I...

I actually only played up to getting Trevor in the 360 version and never played GTA online. So I'll be going into this relatively fresh too. Kind of looking forward to it.

Tigress

Yep, this is me too (though I haven't gotten TLOU for PS4... yet).

Honestly, I'm not surprised. GTA is the kind of game that is a lot more replayable, especially if you are creative about how you play.

TLOU was an awesome game, and it edged out GTA for GOTY for me last year, but it's a very story oriented game so replaying it is never going to be as good as the first time unless you can forget the story. I mean the gameplay was fun and all, but story was still an important part of the experience.

Which is why I'm waiting until I can find TLOU for PS4 for 20 dollars or (better yet) cheaper *and* it's been so long since I played my memory of the story is muddled (with how good it told the story thought that is going to take a while as it really did leave a lasting impression.. which is the hallmark of a well told story).

And actually, come to think of it, GTA's story is more forgettable so it's easier to replay the SP part and have it feel fresh (which is what I'm doing now ;) ). I mean it's a decent story but don't kid yourself, it's not along the level of TLOU. Which is partly how TLOU edged out. I just felt for everything TLOU did it did it so well (I'm not going to take points against it being so linear, it's a linear game and was designed as such). GTA did a lot of stuff really well but I wouldn't say everything. Story was good, especially for GTA and for a game, but not near the level of TLOU.

Apt101

Yea I sunk about 30 hours into GTA 5 last gen and barely recall the story, just a few major moments. TLoU is like a good book or film in my mind, I recall just about all of it. But GTA 5 has the replayability, and also online.

antitrop

Yep, this is me too (though I haven't gotten TLOU for PS4... yet).

Honestly, I'm not surprised. GTA is the kind of game that is a lot more replayable, especially if you are creative about how you play.

TLOU was an awesome game, and it edged out GTA for GOTY for me last year, but it's a very story oriented game so replaying it is never going to be as good as the first time unless you can forget the story. I mean the gameplay was fun and all, but story was still an important part of the experience.

Which is why I'm waiting until I can find TLOU for PS4 for 20 dollars and cheaper *and* it's been so long since I played my memory of the story is muddled (with how good it told the story thought that is going to take a while as it really did leave a lasting impression.. which is the hallmark of a well told story).

And actually, come to think of it, GTA's story is more forgettable so it's easier to replay the SP part and have it feel fresh (which is what I'm doing now ;) ). I mean it's a decent story but don't kid yourself, it's not along the level of TLOU. Which is partly how TLOU edged out. I just felt for everything TLOU did it did it so well (I'm not going to take points against it being so linear, it's a linear game and was designed as such). GTA did a lot of stuff really well but I wouldn't say everything. Story was good, especially for GTA and for a game, but not near the level of TLOU.
Good post, I feel the same way.

IIRC it's the second to last option. Hit start in game and keep pressing right on the dpad past Game Controls Video etc and you'll see it. Open that and it will present you the available dlcs, for me it was 800k for multi and 500k for single, each their own download.

Oh shit, lol, I forgot that you could scroll past 'Online'. Thanks!

I need to find that 'Rainbow Six' option someone mentioned where you can supposedly snap to third person when in cover.

Is it me or did they tweak/enchance the engine sounds? I don't remember the cars sounding so damn good.

It's under controls, scroll down until you see an option called 'First Person Third Person cover' and turn it on.

In regards to the second part of your comment, I was just thinking the same thing after stealing someone's sports car. It's rear-engined too, and the sound is coming from my rear speakers in first-person mode. Sounds sooo awesome.

I'm going to seriously lose my life in this game...again.

Tigress

Thanks for the advice, the plan right now is to get an Adder (super-races), 9F (sports-races-main driving car in free roam), and buzzard.

When you say the stunt planes are fun what exactly are they good for? Just cruising in the air? I'm not familiar with flying online and I just didn't think a lot of people did it.

The stunt planes are good for exactly that, flying. And some of us love doing that. I've many times taken out my little mallard and just did stunts around the city just for the love of flying.

I can't wait to try it in FP mode (too busy with SP right now and I have an easier time getting planes in MP as you don't get automatically wanted when you go on an airport).

antitrop

Checking the instruction manual isn't completely worthless. You can holster your weapon by swiping down on the touchpad! That's pretty neat.

Rockstar has easily made the best use of the Touchpad and Lightbar, so far, my initial skepticism was clearly unfounded.

Catdaddy

Does the stock-market manipulation with the assassination missions still work (not sure why it wouldn't but not sure if R* saw that as a bug or not).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
My friend is having issues receiving his 'welcome back' DLC items. Anyone know why? Mine popped up while playing as Franklin shortly after completing the first mission with Lamar.
I got my blimp after that mission, but haven't checked for the others. I'll do so later this evening.

Does the stock-market manipulation with the assassination missions still work (not sure why it wouldn't but not sure if R* saw that as a bug or not).
This needs to be answered!

Nafai1123

Banned
Anyone have issues not receiving their pre-order $$ if they had already done the Lamar mission before going to the store to get the pre-order bonus? I went to the store but it's still not showing up for me.

Daffy Duck

What's the setting to make first person standard for driving and third person for walking around?

I think the 2 billion stuff is still doable on these versions.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Which is why I'm waiting until I can find TLOU for PS4 for 20 dollars or (better yet) cheaper *and* it's been so long since I played my memory of the story is muddled (with how good it told the story thought that is going to take a while as it really did leave a lasting impression.. which is the hallmark of a well told story).
There was a special on last week, I got the full digital version with DLC for 25 bucks. Just throwing that out there in case anyone's interested. Sorry for the derail.

Raptor

I know there is some disturbing gore gifs but how about dismemberment?

Anything like that, jeezzz I want to blow up some good ol meat chunks out of people.

I haven't made it that far myself yet. It's definitely not a bug though. The entire purpose of those missions is to manipulate the market. That said, I could see them maybe nerfing the returns a bit.

What's the setting to make first person standard for driving and third person for walking around?

I think the 2 billion stuff is still doable on these versions.

go to settings -> display -> turn on independent camera modes or whatever

then just switch to first person once while driving and it'll stay that way.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
My experience with GTA Online on PS4 so far. Hardly anyone there in the free roam session I was in. Found it difficult to find people to do any jobs with. The one mission I did sucked. Then when I tried the quick job option the game crashed. Couldn't even quit out. Had to close the game completely. Fantastic. Yeah this shit is why I stopped playing the PS3 version so quickly. Well, back to single player.

Reule

I think I asked this already but for those of you who had physical pre-order codes, when did you redeem and them? Before launching the game or in-game? I have to go to Best Buy later to try and get my code since they screwed me out of it.

Carn82

this has probably been asked already; is it possible to transfer story saves between Ps3 / Ps4? Or is it just Online only?

My friend is having issues receiving his 'welcome back' DLC items. Anyone know why? Mine popped up while playing as Franklin shortly after completing the first mission with Lamar.

Also, I recorded this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byE9E5aVWxI

FP view is so good.
Haha, the look on his when face when he realizes he should be calling an ambulance instead! You'd never notice that in 3rd person.

Come on January 27, hurry the hell up.

Top Bottom