• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Reule

For the new page. Just want to make sure the money shows up for single player at least. Online pre-order money seems to be iffy.

I think I asked this already but for those of you who had physical pre-order codes, when did you redeem and them? Before launching the game or in-game? I have to go to Best Buy later to try and get my code since they screwed me out of it.

shandy706

My friend is having issues receiving his 'welcome back' DLC items. Anyone know why? Mine popped up while playing as Franklin shortly after completing the first mission with Lamar.

Also, I recorded this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byE9E5aVWxI

FP view is so good.

I slowed it way down...

That look on his face...LOLOL

gwofyp.gif

Edit*

Also, wasn't there something about photographing animals and things? As an extra mode or something? Is that a mission, nothing happened when I just randomly photographed animals.

antitrop

Also, wasn't there something about photographing animals and things? As an extra mode or something? Is that a mission, nothing happened when I just randomly photographed animals.

Check Franklin's e-mails. You also have to do the first Strangers and Freaks mission with the paparazzi guy first.

iMax

If I played GTA V on Xbox 360 can I get the PS4 version and still get the bonus content? Or does it have to be Xbox One?

todahawk

My friend is having issues receiving his 'welcome back' DLC items. Anyone know why? Mine popped up while playing as Franklin shortly after completing the first mission with Lamar.

Also, I recorded this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byE9E5aVWxI

FP view is so good.

Haha, nice! Dumbass deserved it.

BTW, if you're looking for the Duke of Death car here's a vid showing where:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNgXoRnWFI&list=UU2wKfjlioOCLP4xQMOWNcgg&index=7

Once you get past the location part of the video I'd stop watching as it spoils a random event that occurs afterwards.

Wow. First person perspective has elevated the mayhem of GTA to a whole new level. Lol.
Just did the "Long Stretch" mission last night and man oh man were the close quarters shootouts heightened by FPS view (with third person cover). And the escape was fucking insane.

antitrop

Just did the "Long Stretch" mission last night and man oh man were the close quarters shootouts heightened by FPS view (with third person cover). And the escape was fucking insane.

Just finished that about half an hour ago. Blew my fuckin mind.

I'm playing full first-person, though. Only time I switch camera angles is if I have to do something like use the tow truck.

Man I wish I could get online. Keep getting an error when trying to get online. tried forwarding ports and setting my PS4 to DMZ. I just wanna do some death matches in FP :/

jts

...hate me...
Is the notification the text message from lamar about the monkey dude doing street art?
No it says something like "welcome back to lost santos bla bla bla" I don't remember all too well how it goes but it is distinctly about the welcome back bonus.

Durden77

Holy shit. When I heard that this was getting a first person mode, I figured it'd just kinda be like the FP driving mode was. Just a camera strapped on front. I didn't know it would be this defined. Fucking amazing, I'd buy it just for that. Pickin this up today. Based Rockstar.

antitrop

Holy shit. When I heard that this was getting a first person mode, I figured it'd just kinda be like the FP driving mode was. Just a camera strapped on front. I didn't know it would be this defined. Fucking amazing, I'd buy it just for that. Pickin this up today. Based Rockstar.

It's like Skyrim with guns

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Well apparently there's a bug on the XB1 version where I can't climb the ladder during the aerial container moving op. Maybe it's just me. Extremely irritating. Guess I'm gonna have to restart the entire mission.

It's like Skyrim with guns
It so fucking is :)

And seriously, t-boning a car at speed on your motorcycle in first person might give you a heart attack.

I just couldn't do first person cover. I think its because not every surface is properly set up to act as cover, and while its bad enough to find that out in third person, it feels full on derp when it happens in first person and you're just smacking your face into the wall a few times to be sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It so fucking is :)

And seriously, t-boning a car at speed on your motorcycle in first person might give you a heart attack.

I just couldn't do first person cover. I think its because not every surface is properly set up to act as cover, and while its bad enough to find that out in third person, it feels full on derp when it happens in first person and you're just smacking your face into the wall a few times to be sure.

As jank-city as I find this game... the cover system is actually pretty manageable thanks to the fact it will engage from pretty far away. It's actually the least clunky part of combat for me.

This game would be so much better if they had a slow jog on the analog. You get it while in FPV but switch back to TPV and you're holding X again to move your guy in combat. Or ha;f-holding a trigger which is fucking impressively awful gameplay design.

BigDug13

Some of you are masochists trying to play this in first person without auto aim. PC version with a mouse? Sure no problem, will probably be fun as shit. But the way it controls with the aiming with controller? I don't like it.

Alienous

Some of you are masochists trying to play this in first person without auto aim. PC version with a mouse? Sure no problem, will probably be fun as shit. But the way it controls with the aiming with controller? I don't like it.

From what I've heard Rockstar need to consult the Max Payne 3 developers pronto.

Those guys pretty much made a first-person shooter from a third-person perspective.

I still have not received my 1 million and 3 hundred thousand dollars in GTA for pre-ordering and downloading the PSN version. How come? I also finished the Lamar and Franklin mission so it can't be that.

Erban1

From what I've heard Rockstar need to consult the Max Payne 3 developers pronto.

Those guys pretty much made a first-person shooter from a third-person perspective.

That animation system made for such a smooth experience with the gunplay, it's a real shame Rockstar didn't (or couldn't) bring gunplay over wholesale. I think gunplay in third person could be improved with a simple option to toggle the "run and gun" mode instead of forcing you to half hold the left trigger.

I played through the entire game on free aim last year and was pretty much halfway holding L2 any time I got into a gunfight, it was the only shooting mode that truly felt good and allowed you to maintain maneuverability.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
Installing now. Can I play first person with auto aim or is it exclusively free aim?

I played the whole game free aim at launch on PS3 and it was cool and all but I'm not sure I want to go through it again like that. Pretty clunky at times and large firefights could get pretty annoying.

Alienous

Installing now. Can I play first person with auto aim or is it exclusively free aim?

I played the whole game free aim at launch on PS3 and it was cool and all but I'm not sure I want to go through it again like that. Pretty clunky at times and large firefights could get pretty annoying.

You can.

Carlisle

So in GTA:O I bought the hatchet, but it's not showing up in my weapon circle. Bought other weapons on the same trip and they're all showing up, but no hatchet. When I go back to select the hatchet off the shelf it says I already own it. Am I missing something extremely noobish? I feel like I am...

Labrys

So in GTA:O I bought the hatchet, but it's not showing up in my weapon circle. Bought other weapons on the same trip and they're all showing up, but no hatchet. When I go back to select the hatchet off the shelf it says I already own it. Am I missing something extremely noobish? I feel like I am...

I may be wrong, but when I bought a Knife as Michael it's filed under the Fist/unarmed, maybe try there for the hatchet?

Open your weapon wheel, go down to melee and you'll be able to cycle through melee weapons with the D-Pad I believe.

Top Bottom