• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

First person mode in GTAV is literally the biggest game changer that I've experienced in years. I keep browsing around the web and here on GAF expecting more people making posts, and generally gushing about “GTAV FP”. This is the first time in a loooooong time where I have been continuously chanting “oh my god”. I mean zero hyperbole when I say that this is on par with the first time I experienced GTA3 on it’s PS2 release. I spent hours last night just doing really nothing but walking around and exploring all over. The level of detail sense of a living world is insane and honestly feels like a different game than what I played last year. Doing missions is super-immersive and, well, just fricken’ fantastic.

Also, - screw all the whining about aiming in first person. It may not be equal to playing a dedicated FPS but it is pretty much identical (at least, for me) to the GTAV third person aiming.

Wish I saw more people around here that feel the same way as me but, oh well, I can’t wait to get back to this tonight.

Since the gta community thread seems dead. If anyone would like to add me. My ps4 name is TJ-S-G. I play late pst. Around midnight.

As for the online it's self. I hope it starts to get more stable keep getting timed out.

Basketball

Some online characters people made from the gtaforums

t2hph5U9RkWOwBpnDnqb0A_0_0.jpg

Ar-uUfVwQkqccKeGSCZeRQ_0_0.jpg

4CPyfSi.png

Eu-i18Xq-U6ACdUE49erOw_0_0.jpg

cetGRJY2s0uA51lsJmiH5g_0_0.jpg

ehfSha21EkiugXMyznrKQQ_0_0.jpg

E17hF3JykEaa-J6HC2PCEQ_0_0.jpg

b6B1h2gRi0uj2JsLe2mjBQ_0_0.jpg

RvDq1yfzZE60p_fdPfyqog_0_0.jpg

GravyButt

Its too bad for the single player bonus money you couldn't choose who it goes to. Oh well Lamar has some tricked out weapons.

Oh and did I mess up? I just did the life invader mission without using stock market. I forget the tip for it, or is it to late now?

Tigress

You're fine. Stock trading doesn't open up until you finish that mission anyway.
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/-how-to-make-the-most-out-of-gta-5s-stock-market

Here's a question, do I need to worry about stock trading before the first heist that comes right after the Life Invader mission? (I'm trying to quick track the game to getting Trevor and then I'll slow down and enjoy the side missions more).

(also, are there side missions you will not get if you advance the main story line too quick?)

Tigress

Which apartment is the best? It's kinda silly there's no preview option. I'm just YouTubing their names atm but I'm looking for recs too.

Depends on what you want. I love my apartment cause it gets a good view of a main street so I get to watch a lot of action below from my windows (I was very amused I could do that and I have never tired of it). It's also pretty quick to get into. It's the one that is next to the church on a main throughfare (and the second most expensive in that building I believe thought maybe I sprung for the most expensive. It was so long ago I can't remember. Well it was one of the most expensive before they added new apartments though I prefer the original high class apartments to the new ones). It's also get pretty good access to a Los Santos Customs. There is a lot cheaper ones though that give you the same interior and 10 car garage so if price is all you care about, mine isn't good for that (but the view is so worth it).

Conversely, there tends to be a lot of fire fights that happen near it so sometimes if I'm not feeling like dealing with that I have to worry about hoping to scoot out really quick before anyone notices. And that Los Santos Customs is the most popular for people to troll each other at so many times it's not safe to go to.

My garage I chose for being cheap, storing 10 cars, and very close to a lesser used Los Santos Customs (I store mostly cars I steal to sell there). Which actually surprises me it's not that trolled cause it's the best one to go to if you are stealing cars for Simeon (straight shot to his wharehouse so less likely to put a dent in the car). I think I went for the second cheapest 10 car garage cause the cheapest one didn't have good access to a Los Santos Customs.

If they had a 10 car garage in the more northern part of the island I probably would have gone for that solely to have a safe house on that end I could run to (rather than everything being in the city).

Oh damn, this reminds me. I should check to see if the viewing distance is better from my telescope now (always annoyed me how short a viewing distance it had).

mil6es

Just went to rockstar website to check on the status of my support ticket (missing cars from xbox360 account to PS4 account) and its been deleted.....thanks rockstar

From what I've heard Rockstar need to consult the Max Payne 3 developers pronto.

Those guys pretty much made a first-person shooter from a third-person perspective.

I don't know why it just feels really sluggish to me. And I played through the entirety if the game on total free aim on last gen (360). I actually think Watch Dogs controls better when it comes to shooting.

Depends on what you want. I love my apartment cause it gets a good view of a main street so I get to watch a lot of action below from my windows (I was very amused I could do that and I have never tired of it). It's also pretty quick to get into. It's the one that is next to the church on a main throughfare (and the second most expensive in that building I believe thought maybe I sprung for the most expensive. It was so long ago I can't remember. Well it was one of the most expensive before they added new apartments though I prefer the original high class apartments to the new ones). It's also get pretty good access to a Los Santos Customs. There is a lot cheaper ones though that give you the same interior and 10 car garage so if price is all you care about, mine isn't good for that (but the view is so worth it).

Conversely, there tends to be a lot of fire fights that happen near it so sometimes if I'm not feeling like dealing with that I have to worry about hoping to scoot out really quick before anyone notices. And that Los Santos Customs is the most popular for people to troll each other at so many times it's not safe to go to.

My garage I chose for being cheap, storing 10 cars, and very close to a lesser used Los Santos Customs (I store mostly cars I steal to sell there). Which actually surprises me it's not that trolled cause it's the best one to go to if you are stealing cars for Simeon (straight shot to his wharehouse so less likely to put a dent in the car). I think I went for the second cheapest 10 car garage cause the cheapest one didn't have good access to a Los Santos Customs.

If they had a 10 car garage in the more northern part of the island I probably would have gone for that solely to have a safe house on that end I could run to (rather than everything being in the city).

Oh damn, this reminds me. I should check to see if the viewing distance is better from my telescope now (always annoyed me how short a viewing distance it had).
Thanks for the help :)
Do you know what the name of the apartment is?

Pachimari

Is the pre-order money only for those who pre-ordered the digital version?

Also, can players see everyone else's apartments? Isn't it only limited to those who are in the same server as the one you are currently in?

Lrrr

My friend is having issues receiving his 'welcome back' DLC items. Anyone know why? Mine popped up while playing as Franklin shortly after completing the first mission with Lamar.

I have yet to receive my goodies either. I thought maybe it was locked off until after doing a mission or two, but so far, nothing.

Here's a question, do I need to worry about stock trading before the first heist that comes right after the Life Invader mission? (I'm trying to quick track the game to getting Trevor and then I'll slow down and enjoy the side missions more).

(also, are there side missions you will not get if you advance the main story line too quick?)

Not really, but if you're looking to maximize your cash, there are some choices you can make in the heist preparations that will effect your take. There's a guide to getting the most from each heist here: http://reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1n04ut/guide_to_getting_the_highest_possible_take_for/

The basic idea is to get the most cash you can from the story missions and heists before continuing the Lester missions and manipulating the market, so you have more cash to invest.

I don't know if advancing the story will cause any of the side missions to be unavailable. It's been a while since I played through the story. There is also one side mission where a guy wants a ride to the airport and he gives you a stock tip. You may want to hold-off on doing that one until you have a bunch of cash to invest in the company he mentions. It starts at the end of the first road that juts out when going north on the Great Ocean Highway from Los Santos.

Blablurn

Man. It's still a very solid game. And so much content. So much detail. And they didn't even need 4000 people like some other game studios :lol

Based Rockstar. Well done (again).

Derpyduck

Banned
24 hours later and still can't jump online. Fucking hell, how are so many of you able to get on?!

I was able to get on last night briefly into lobbies with 16-20 people after hours of time-outs or empty lobbies, but now I'm back to empty lobbies and time-outs. I hope they fix this shit soon, because Online is the only part of the game I enjoy.

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
The input lag in the PS4 version is absolutely murdering this game for me. I didn't have any of these issues on PS3.

My TV has very low input lag (17ms)

I really hope that they address this.

does anyone know if denuvo drm will be in the PC version?

At the moment the guys behind denuvo are saying it is NOT being used in GTA 5. However Rockstar or Take Two haven't commented on what DRM they will be using.. It's Rockstar they will butt fuck PC gamers with DRM just like they did with GTA 4. So they probably found something even worse than Denuvo and will be using that.

Just went to rockstar website to check on the status of my support ticket (missing cars from xbox360 account to PS4 account) and its been deleted.....thanks rockstar
I am deathly afraid this is what's going to happen to me, which is why I'm holding off. Out of curiosity, when was the last time you logged into the 360 version?

MisterMac

What's a good way to increase your Strength stat?

I went onto Vespucci Beach and ran up and down the boardwalk punching people, when I got a wanted level I ran into the ocean and hide underwater, simultaneously raising my Lung Capacity. Alternatively, go into a mission, then go to Vespucci beach, then punch people without fear of a wanted level

I heard Golf and Tennis might increase it too? Can't verify from personal experience though

shandy706

Ugh, why do gifs always turn out darker (I know why)?! Bleh

Here's a never ending one...the move from video (where you can see everything around you) to gif murders it though.

ragqwr.gif

MisterMac

So whose got the word on Gang Cars in next-gen version? I used to sell Gang Peyotes but I can't get them to spawn for shit, despite having an insured Gang Peyote I used on PS3 to force them to spawn.

I saw a buddy find an Orange Sandking across from the Paleto Bay LS Customs and saw another person on reddit found one. And heard rumors of a 13k yellow Rat Loader

Top Bottom