• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I didn't realise that the game "remembers" which aiming type it defaults too when you press the left trigger. You can either hold the left stick and bring the gun up to your eye-level, or you can then press the right stick in and aim down the sights. Whatever you choose, the game will remember it the next time to press left trigger. Personally, I like the 'bring to eye-level' aiming as it's not as twitchy as aiming down the sights.

ragqwr.gif

I love that hazy glow in the sky from the lighting coming from skyscrapers and such. Looks so cool.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Ugh, why do gifs always turn out darker (I know why)?! Bleh

Here's a never ending one...the move from video (where you can see everything around you) to gif murders it though.

ragqwr.gif

Where's the source video? I can fix a webm. Alternatively, I could clean up the frames of that gif. Had to do a lot of restoration for poor quality streams -> gif for my gfy/gif compilation anyway.

So there's a FOV slider for FPS On Foot controls... Any way to change the FOV when in car?

No, and it makes first person driving suck when your rearview and sideview mirrors are more like smudgy funhouse mirrors that don't show traffic and instead a low-res Google street view. I wish they'd overlay an rearview/sideview inset so that you're not having to take your eyes too far off of the road in front of you one day.

shandy706

Where's the source video? I can fix a webm. Alternatively, I could clean up the frames of that gif. Had to do a lot of restoration for poor quality streams -> gif for my gfy/gif compilation anyway.

Side by side it's not as bad as I thought, but the video is certainly much easier to see everything in. You'd have to cut/edit it and loop it if you wanted the same result :)

I'm too lazy to take the gif into Image Ready and fix it right now..heh

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...y706&vid=4533bbac-3ec2-4971-bbfe-47d0e92a6775

Horrible timing to change jobs and move. Broke as fuck which means no games for a while.

GAF...please...send..GTA..

guy on reddit found this dude in his apartment during a closed online session

I can only imagine the creepypasta that's gonna be created from this.

Astral

I really wish I never bought the PS3 version. The first person view looks incredible but at the end of the day, I've already done all of this.

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... So the 500 000$ bonus is only for the character you were last playing with the last time your saved?

For me only Franklin has it. (haven't met Trevor yet)

Posted on the online OT:

R* support contacted me about a ticket I submitted. so apparently me not being able to sell my Vacca or Carb I got back in 2013 is a feature they put in the game. .so I will have to pick up cars on the street and fill up my garage and replace them instead of being able to make a small profit with them.

If PSN had a half off deal I would buy some to avoid all of this grinding crap.

jond76

Banned
Wait... So the 500 000$ bonus is only for the character you were last playing with the last time your saved?

For me only Franklin has it. (haven't met Trevor yet)

Kinda funny to hear Franklins dialogue about bettering himself when he has half a million in his pocket.

Online is great and all...but does anyone else here just find themselves leaving it and going into the SP sometimes and just soaking it all in? I like to just walk around, drive around, fly around and lose myself in the world.

Maybe I'm just weird, lol.

I just love the random moments in GTA... makes the world feel so alive.

Driving back from a mission my car is all banged up, I park it in front of my house, and some idiot crashes into it. I turn around to see this guy staring at me, so I call him a name and turn away. He responds... I turn back, call him another name. Then he gets out of the car and tries to jump me. My favorite moment is you can hear this other guy scream "You cocccksuckkker" in the background.

It's hilarious:

http://a.pomf.se/nrobss.webm

(never used this webm host before so sorry if it sucks. Enable sound. It makes it all the better)

What I don't love is that someone called the cops on me, but w/e.

Fjordson

Driving back from a mission my car is all banged up, I park it in front of my house, and some idiot crashes into it. I turn around to see this guy staring at me, so I call him a name and turn away. He responds... I turn back, call him another name. Then he gets out of the car and tries to jump me. My favorite moment is you can hear this other guy scream "You cocccksuckkker" in the background.

It's hilarious:

(never used this webm host before so sorry if it sucks. Enable sound. It makes it all the better)

Man, my work blocks all webm's =[ so weird since the filter is incredibly lax otherwise.

It's hilarious:

hahaha I love this game.

My impressions of both PS4 and XB1 versions after playing both side by side for the last 2 days:

*They both look very simular – but there is a visual advantage to PS4. PS4 seems to have slightly better lighting, more pronounced foliage, and (in my eyes) clothing detail. It doesn't seem to 'shimmer' as much as the XB1 either (slightly better aliasing on PS4 perhaps?)

*Frame rate appears to be very close. The PS4 again has a *slight* advantage, as I have noticed the 'juddering' that DF talks about with the XB1. It's most noticeable when rotating around your character, or anywhere that the camera rotates fairly quick. HOWEVER;

*The XB1 seems to handle busy scenes (lots of traffic, explosions) better than PS4. There is noticeable judder/dropped frames on PS4 in these scenarios, XB1 is almost always 'smoother' in this regard.

*One odd thing I've noticed when driving in the grass...On XB1, it seems to stutter a bit more (frame drops?) when driving around in it, the PS4 doesn't do this at all.

*The PS4'S initial loading screen (with the sirens and Rockstar logos) is noticeably chopper than XB1, not sure why that is. PS4 is quicker to load SP (both consoles have the standard HDD) by about 10-15 seconds. (initially I observed XB1 to be quicker, but with the latest patch the advantage goes to PS4).

*The XB1's controller feels a bit more responsive that the DS4, although adjusting the sensitivity in game for the DS4 largely eliminates the advantage to XB1.

*Online with both has improved after early issues, PS4 perhaps has fallen a bit behind here for me though. It's not unusual for me to go into a lobby by myself or simply time out. Having said that, I do notice that PS4 lobbies are a bit less laggy than XB1 ones.

If anyone has any questions, just ask!

Pachimari

It's hilarious:

To their defense, you did park your car a little far from the sidewalk. :D

My impressions of both PS4 and XB1 versions after playing both side by side for the last 2 days:

*They both look very simular – but there is a visual advantage to PS4. PS4 seems to have slightly better lighting, more pronounced foliage, and (in my eyes) clothing detail. It doesn't seem to 'shimmer' as much as the XB1 either (slightly better aliasing on PS4 perhaps?)

*Frame rate appears to be very close. The PS4 again has a *slight* advantage, as I have noticed the 'juddering' that DF talks about with the XB1. It's most noticeable when rotating around your character, or anywhere that the camera rotates fairly quick. HOWEVER;

*The XB1 seems to handle busy scenes (lots of traffic, explosions) better than PS4. There is noticeable judder/dropped frames on PS4 in these scenarios, XB1 is almost always 'smoother' in this regard.

*One odd thing I've noticed when driving in the grass...On XB1, it seems to stutter a bit more (frame drops?) when driving around in it, the PS4 doesn't do this at all.

*The PS4'S initial loading screen (with the sirens and Rockstar logos) is noticeably chopper than XB1, not sure why that is. PS4 is quicker to load SP (both consoles have the standard HDD) by about 10-15 seconds. (initially I observed XB1 to be quicker, but with the latest patch the advantage goes to PS4).

*The XB1's controller feels a bit more responsive that the DS4, although adjusting the sensitivity in game for the DS4 largely eliminates the advantage to XB1.

*Online with both has improved after early issues, PS4 perhaps has fallen a bit behind here for me though. It's not unusual for me to go into a lobby by myself or simply time out. Having said that, I do notice that PS4 lobbies are a bit less laggy than XB1 ones.

If anyone has any questions, just ask!

Which one do you suggest to get

Krakn3Dfx

It's hilarious:

I'm crying.

There is something completely surreal about fist fighting in first person in GTA5.

So someone here posted a video where they tried to take a pic of cops with Snapmatic and they flipped out on him. I tried to do the same thing to a dude playing bongos at Del Perro and he got all up in my face. I wonder if that's a glitch? Never had that issue in the last-gen version.

16BitNova

Everything seemed to be going so well. I was finally online and in a 20 person lobby. Then all of a sudden when I'm buying clothes I get an error message and get disconnected. Now I can't seem to get back online at all. Fuck.

So I did the transfer process for my PS3 character and it asks to check back later as it is pending.

How long to wait and what option do I choose after? Just launch GTA Online or back to transfer?

So I did the transfer process for my PS3 character and it asks to check back later as it is pending.

How long to wait and what option do I choose after? Just launch GTA Online or back to transfer?
I did mine at night, and checked in the morning, and it was done. I went back to the transfer option. After it said "no data found", it then said "transfer successful!". Not sure if that's how it's done, but that's what I did!

Marvel

could never

It's hilarious:

Dude... you just made my night that shit was great ty for the laughs.

Top Bottom