• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Side by side it's not as bad as I thought, but the video is certainly much easier to see everything in. You'd have to cut/edit it and loop it if you wanted the same result :)

I'm too lazy to take the gif into Image Ready and fix it right now..heh

http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...y706&vid=4533bbac-3ec2-4971-bbfe-47d0e92a6775

I used the source footage and stuck to the same resolution, so the quality is improved.

The only thing I would need to fix is to clone the lighting of the last frame to match that of the first, speed it up about 1.5x-2x, cut down on unnecessary frames and you got a looping webm. But it'll only run once if you actually go directly to the .webm link, and not the gfy adress below.

I do not recommend that you embed the gif atm as it's up to 209mb as I preserved quality and avoided removing frames.
http://gfycat.com/JointCornyLaughingthrush#

Let me know if you want me to finish it or leave it as it is. Cloning the lighting & water reflections would take some effort.

Ateron

Only played GTAO two times, back in the ps3 version so I don't know if that affected the SP portion of the game or not, but why is the garage empty on this version? I only have the Elegy car unlocked, same as when I got the ps3 version. Shouldn't it be filled with all those cars they would give us with each update? Like Turismo R, Zantorno and such? I'm talking about SP only here, btw.

I don't think it has anything to do with progression through the storyline, cause half a year ago I replayed the game from the beginning and I had every car inside. Made for some easier missions and heists ("find a fast car" - went to the garage, boom, Turismo R, done), but it was a fun thing to have around. Lots of great cars all ready to go without having to go look for them in the streets.

The cars are clearly available (as I've seen, for the first time, people driving Zantornos in the city, whereas in the previous version I never seen any npc drive it), so why aren't they part of the garage purchase? Will they be added as they go along,with patches?

That's the thing I loved the most, all those great cars ready to go at anytime, instead of wasting a million on some super car only to leave it behind, or getting blowned up and having to buy it again. It was stupid, you bought it, you can do whatever you want with it, I was so afraid of wrecking my upgraded Addler/losing it that I would rarely take it for a race/long ride.

But with those respawning cars at the garage, I stopped caring for the Addler. The garage seems so empty right now.

Yeah they added all of the DLC cars to the regular spawn traffic.

Edit: Ok, so that answers my question. Now I wonder if they will still be made available for selection like on ps3. I hope so.

the PS4 share features are so awesome for this game

i made a Trevor Philips themed youtube and twitter just to document my exploits as CEO of TPI

Megasoum

Banned
Somebody has a list of what's new in the game when you "import" your online club from previous gem? Like the new items/activity available?

Also how do you access them? I think there's supposed to be a pop-up at some point in the game but I think I missed it.

Is it just me or does there seem to be more blood and better splatter?
yeah and it's also a lot brighter and detailed... before it was a blurry muddy dark red, almost like a matte paint.

now it's very vivid bright red, very gory. my Franklin took a shotgun blast in the face (which is a 1-hit kill but it was from range so i guess it was just a bit of buck shot lol) during The Long Stretch and he looked insane...

It really bothers me how narrow the FOV is when in a car. Takes some getting used to.
It's impossible for me to drive with any efficiency in first person mode because of this. In fact, first person mode still feels completely tacked on to me and completely useless. I couldn't care less about the animations- nothing in the actual game was built with this mode in mind. But who cares? I just don't use it and if people enjoy it them more power to them. I think they could have spent that time on something else though.

dreamfall

I don't get why chicago is in the title

Watch_Dogs had a campaign before it got delayed.
watch_dogs_gta_5.jpg

It thought it was a direct rival to GTA V. It did some things beautifully, but the cities can't really be compared.

GravyButt

yeah and it's also a lot brighter and detailed... before it was a blurry muddy dark red, almost like a matte paint.

now it's very vivid bright red, very gory. my Franklin took a shotgun blast in the face (which is a 1-hit kill but it was from range so i guess it was just a bit of buck shot lol) during The Long Stretch and he looked insane...
Yup what made me notice it was hijacking a car and I took the passenger along with me. I think it was an inferno. Anyways, I was going super fast and went headon into a car and it launched both of us out the windshield (in fps mode which was amazing.) Franklin barely survived but the other guy was doa. I ended up taking a selfie with Franklin having blood on his forehead and a good 10 feet or so of bright red blood smeared on the street. Was awesome. Now, how can I upload that selfie online.

(Took a ps4 share pic as well, but when I try to upload it to Twitter it keeps popping up saying it can't upload, whats up with that? Maybe its my privacy settings on psn?)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are settings not saving? Every time I come back to play the game, I have to readjust my audio output, turn subtitles back on and adjust the brightness.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I don't get why chicago is in the title

Windy city, great band, deep dish pizza, baseball, sears tower....

Liberty City

I have no idea.

I noticed that they use a single layer texture for places like the coffee house and the windows in some buildings were flat textures. The game looks amazing, but I wonder when we'll get the GTA where we can go inside every single building.

dreamfall

Are settings not saving? Every time I come back to play the game, I have to readjust my audio output, turn subtitles back on and adjust the brightness.

Yeah it's a weird thing. Happened to me twice- I was also signing into my brother's PS4 and saving my data to Online storage to re-download it. Never saved the settings I tweaked.

pushBAK

Does anyone know how far I need to have played in GTA V for the PS3, to get the bonus' for PS4? I switched my PSN ID when next gen started so my progress in PS3 is on a different account.

I still have the game on PS3 though and was planning on running through a bit of it later tonight.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Does anyone know how far I need to have played in GTA V for the PS3, to get the bonus' for PS4? I switched my PSN ID when next gen started so my progress in PS3 is on a different account.

I still have the game on PS3 though and was planning on running through a bit of it later tonight.

What bonuses are you talking about?

dreamfall

Windy city, great band, deep dish pizza, baseball, sears tower....

Liberty City

I have no idea.

I noticed that they use a single layer texture for places like the coffee house and the windows in some buildings were flat textures. The game looks amazing, but I wonder when we'll get the GTA where we can go inside every single building.

If anything, it's going to have to be a smaller, much denser map. We're exploring the mountains and the vast expanse of California!

Dante316

Holy shit lol, loved the moment, went into buy some clothes and bam the store was being robbed and they made me get on my knees. And ran off, I ran after them and killed them :p

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

DarkOneX

Game is pretty great but I'm annoyed by the choppy feeling you get when cruising fast around the city. I thought it would be like that the whole game but I opened Trevor and noticed out in the desert and wooded areas the game always runs silky smooth even when flying around. That makes me think that the reason it's so choppy in the city is likely the traffic as there's quite a bit. Wish they would have gave us a slider to change the traffic amount if not only to prove this theory. It's not horrible or game breaking but it's very noticeable to me in the city.

I've played through the game twice on last gen, yet had no clue I could kill Ron. Blew him up with two stickies, and filled him up with 5 rounds from my AK. 5 minutes later, I get a charge for 5000, and Ron's okay.. Guessing this goes for any other characters you can find out and about.

Nowise10

About 3 hours of playing in the solo campaign had lead to this.

cJ9I2IT.png

This is what ruined Xbox's "upload" feature. Games thinking they should record for you.

Top Bottom