• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
It really bothers me how narrow the FOV is when in a car. Takes some getting used to.
I said to hell with it and am sticking with 3rd person view for driving. It sucks, but when the alternative is crashing into shit you can't see on either side, what are you going to do?

Furyous

LoL i love that there is decent trigger discipline in first person mode...

This game. It never ends.

Can you expound on this because I have yet to notice it.

Is it possible to have Franklin pay for Jimmy to have a lapdance? I feel some kinda way about corrupting this innocent young man by taking him to a strip club.

dyergram

1mtg8sv.jpg

Game looks nice on the vita and control is surprisingly well (unless you want to shoot while driving) not sure how to enable ads while in remote play though.

I just love the random moments in GTA... makes the world feel so alive.

Driving back from a mission my car is all banged up, I park it in front of my house, and some idiot crashes into it. I turn around to see this guy staring at me, so I call him a name and turn away. He responds... I turn back, call him another name. Then he gets out of the car and tries to jump me. My favorite moment is you can hear this other guy scream "You cocccksuckkker" in the background.

It's hilarious:

http://a.pomf.se/nrobss.webm

(never used this webm host before so sorry if it sucks. Enable sound. It makes it all the better)

What I don't love is that someone called the cops on me, but w/e.

Haha, I love these completely unscripted GTA moments.

I love how easy the PS4 makes uploading videos. Some of these are so funny.

Yeah, I used the direct-to-YouTube upload feature today for the first time and it's so quick and simple. I trimmed my clip, pressed OK, then it returned me to my game while the clip uploaded.

The share button and YT upload feature are going to abused with this game.

Murtrod

Driving in first person takes some adjustment, but I played the mission where you
have to chase the yacht
... Dear god, it was so intense in FP...

Loving this game right now...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Phenomena

So all those vehicles and weapons that they released after release as DLC on the old consoles. How do I get a hold of them? I guess the vehicles are just integrated into the world, but what about the weapons?
Do I have to progress the story until they eventually show up in an Ammu-Nation?

BokehKing

Banned
Purchased digitally on ps4
Was I supposed to get a separate email for this extra money or what?
Just did the father/son mission, I created a character online, I believe I'm far enough where I should be seeing it?

Drewsky

I got the little message in the corner of the screen last night that said I had unlocked stuff for being a returning player, do those activate automatically?

Also I forgot how to cuss at people on the street. Can't you flip people off and shit? How do you do that?

Playing free aim for the story again, as some of the firefights get hairy but it's all to practice for multiplayer!
hopefully more people use free aim in MP :(

the entire reason I switched to free aim after always using auto-aim in every other GTA was because I wanted to prepare for MP.. but when I got into GTAO, I could only ever find auto-aim lobbies haha. and in the free roam, everyone was using auto-aim rifles (and tanks lol).

still, the SP is much more fun and challenging on free aim IMO i find the twitchy DS4's are better with lowered sensitivity too

Where do I get the rail gun? I saw the hatchet was available to purchase but no rail gun?
It unlocks after the mission "Monkey Business" IIRC.
I got the little message in the corner of the screen last night that said I had unlocked stuff for being a returning player, do those activate automatically?

Also I forgot how to cuss at people on the street. Can't you flip people off and shit? How do you do that?
They unlock gradually during the game.

Switch to an unarmed weapon in a vehicle and press the weapon button

Wil348

I'm really loving the gunplay in first person, it gives ypu more control of the combat and more immersion. I'm getting used to the driving controls too.

I said to hell with it and am sticking with 3rd person view for driving. It sucks, but when the alternative is crashing into shit you can't see on either side, what are you going to do?
yeah this was my problem, too... it's a lot easier to use a cockpit camera in an arcade corridor racer with no need to ever shoulder check lol

wish we could use motion controls to quickly shoulder check or something.

the FOV is so low, too.. it's OK out in the desert but I crash a lot in traffic. and it's almost impossible to see anything flying. i'm constantly dipping and pulling back up, dipping and pulling back up just to see what's below me. i end up having to use the cockpit instruments to try see my elevation... which i guess is maybe the point of a more realistic mode.

i haven't use FPV all that much actually during the story... I could see myself just using it to goof around in free roam and maybe even saving it for a Morpheus or Occulus Rift play through one day (assuming we can use head tilts to look around lol)

The "this vehicle is too hot to modify!" thing in Online is so stupid. Like, the name of the game is literally Grand Theft Auto and yet I can't steal a car and keep it. :/

Love the FPS view. I just wish they'd fix the deadzone. It's rough...
even in third-person, I find myself having to lower aim sensitivity a lot to have any sort of good surgical aim

it's cool how you can set run-and-gun or cover to different cameras though, because then you can also have different aim sensitivities depending on if you want low aim for targets just in front of you, but also higher aim if you need to be firing from the hip and spinning around a lot

I really enjoy first person driving, but I've been playing drive club for the last month so all the roads seems really wide in comparison, and everyone drives very pleasantly.

Top Bottom