• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

sangreal

About 3 hours of playing in the solo campaign had lead to this.

cJ9I2IT.png

This is what ruined Xbox's "upload" feature. Games thinking they should record for you.

haha yeah, it is fucking ridiculous. every time I crash my car or snipe someone it records

MercuryLS

Banned
Would you say this and TLOU would be worth getting a PS4? Just noticed a Black Friday bundle with them, and I'll have enough money, I'm just not sure. An xbone with it costs less than the PS4 bundle, but I'm not sure I want to go xbox again either.

They are both the best games of last gen and look fantastic on ps4. You won't be disappointed, unless you want to be blown away visually. They both looks awesome but they're obviously last gen games that have been enhanced.

I've held off on transferring my online character/progress over due to reports of the problems people were having.

What's the word on this now? Are we in the clear? Did they fix it?

ironcreed

Banned
I finally started and messed around a bit tonight. Just walking around in first person gave me these uncanny glimpses of real life and being out in public. It's a real trip and offers up a totally different level of immersion in this game. If anything, it does a better job of showcasing how alive the world really is. Rockstar are wizards.

Seik

Banned
You can fix it there's a little spring that you take off trigger. Oddly enough when you remove it the trigger works again. They used plastic pin and I guessing the left one broke on your trigger. I youtubed a fix mine has worked great since the fix. You wouldn't think it only needs one side of the pin to work, but it absolutely does.

Hah, now that you talk about it, I just watched the same video (I think) that you're talking about!

I found it strange that removing the spring would fix it, since I thought it was one of the essential parts of the trigger.

Though if you're telling me that it worked out for you, I'll give it a shot tomorrow then, nothing to lose anyway. :p.

Haven't started this up yet...but I mean to.

Are there any impressions of the First Person Gameplay?

Is it equally as compelling as third person (if not moreso) or largely a gimmick?

Spent the entire evening walking around Los Santos as a pig, cow, bunny, deer and golden retriever.

Glad I already finished the story in the lastgen version cause just walking around in this version is way too much fun.

Yes, just walking around to discover stuff is amazing. I don't understand how Rockstar can put this level of detail into the world. On my first playthrough I rushed through the game, now I am taking my time and it's awesome. Especially with high resolution textures and a decent resolution.

Tigress

Is it equally as compelling as third person (if not moreso) or largely a gimmick?

Depends on who you ask and I see a lot of complaints about first person driving.

I personally absolutely love it and I don't see myself using third person ever if I can help it. I even love first person driving (Rockstar did a good job of getting the view right that it actually feels like you are driving the car. Sure, the right side is cut off where as in real life you could see the right side more, but if they put you farther back it would feel wrong as you wouldn't feel the right distance from the wheel). I even think it's mostly easier to drive in first person (unlike everyone else apparently). The only reason to drive in third person is to admire the car (especially if you have neons as you won't see those when the car is off).

And I really love shooting people in first person (I am using partial assist though).

IMACOMPUTA

When I first started playing and was unfamiliar with the fps controls, i chalked it up as a gimmick. I just couldn't realistically see myself playing it like that. It was so hard.

As I've continued to play.. the FPS mode is absolutely insane.
It feels like a totally different game (in a good way). Things that may have once been mundane or run of the mill in a GTA game are a whole lot of fun in FP mode.

Here's a clip I recorded. Nothing crazy, just motorcycling in FP mode and stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2s-Dp-eXlQ#t=488

(i feel like the motorcycles are a lot easier to ride in FP than third.)

Jonm1010

Banned
Alright I know it has been asked but can anyone Exxon to me what I need to toggle to have driving third person when I am on foot in first person?

I have been messing around for like twenty minutes and am giving up.

Palpable

My lord why hasn't R* learned from last year? The connection for GTAO is so unstable. I haven't been able to get on it the last 10 tries in a row. All other online games work and PSN is working just fine. It's just R* and their shoddy servers that are keeping me off now.

Can't remember exactly but it's an option saying something like keep camera views the same. Change it to off, then your individual views in game will stay at whatever you set them as in game.

98QJWYm.gif

Would you say this and TLOU would be worth getting a PS4? Just noticed a Black Friday bundle with them, and I'll have enough money, I'm just not sure. An xbone with it costs less than the PS4 bundle, but I'm not sure I want to go xbox again either.

Hell yes. Two of the best games not just of last year but from all of last gen is a no brainer.

Both remasters have been top notch too.

Foffy

Banned
My lord why hasn't R* learned from last year? The connection for GTAO is so unstable. I haven't been able to get on it the last 10 tries in a row. All other online games work and PSN is working just fine. It's just R* and their shoddy servers that are keeping me off now.

Remember these versions just launched not even a full 72 hours ago, so they're probably not ready for the sudden influx of users. Give it a week or two.

I'm sure this is going to be a repeat for the PC version, too.

Vidpixel

They are both the best games of last gen and look fantastic on ps4. You won't be disappointed, unless you want to be blown away visually. They both looks awesome but they're obviously last gen games that have been enhanced.

I do think with all the visual enhancements done to GTA V on the PS4, it stands on its own pretty well.

Labrys

Best 2 games of the year 2 years in a row.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Yes, both games are masterpieces. You will not be disappointed.

98QJWYm.gif

Hell yes. Two of the best games not just of last year but from all of last gen is a no brainer.

Both remasters have been top notch too.

Looks like I'm getting myself a PS4 bundle! Thanks guys. Gonna be my first Black Friday outing, any tips on that?
Visually they look amazing from screenshots, and my eyesight isn't so great so I'm not to big of a graphics perfectionist as long as they look visually pleasing like they have so far. Some other games I'm interested in are coming out on PS4 too (Persona 5) so I'm excited for that as well. Another question, I know it isn't backwards compatible but are there any PS3 games on the PSN for 4?

AmyS

If you're ready to get into current-gen, that bundle is a great way to go.

Great deal 1 year after PS4 launch.

ran into an issue,
did the mission to bring Trevor to Los Santos, cased the Merryweather freighter
and now I'm not getting any new missions, been driving around for hours doing strangers and freaks and leveling up flying and shooting for everyone but I'm still not getting any new missions :/

Watch_Dogs had a campaign before it got delayed.
watch_dogs_gta_5.jpg

It thought it was a direct rival to GTA V. It did some things beautifully, but the cities can't really be compared.

Only thing I can say about watch dogs is it felt more alive I guess. Then again the next gen version of GTA has alot more pedestrians doing things.

red731

Alright I know it has been asked but can anyone Exxon to me what I need to toggle to have driving third person when I am on foot in first person?

I have been messing around for like twenty minutes and am giving up.

Hey man. It should be under DISPLAY and the first option - individual camera(?) - ON

Scarphace

I missed out on playing GTA V on last-gen. If I buy the PS4 version now, is there any way I can unlock the content for returning players after I start my game?

Like, can I borrow a friend's last-gen version, create a save file, and unlock the new content on PS4 at any time? Or do I have to do that before I start?

Borrow someones gta, create a social club account, play the first mission and save, give back the game

Also I believe you have to do it before you start

I finally started and messed around a bit tonight. Just walking around in first person gave me these uncanny glimpses of real life and being out in public. It's a real trip and offers up a totally different level of immersion in this game. If anything, it does a better job of showcasing how alive the world really is. Rockstar are wizards.

Yeah. You can also appreciate the details and humor of things like posters and writings on walls etc. the likeinvader office is hilarious.

Jonm1010

Banned
Hey man. It should be under DISPLAY and the first option - individual camera(?) - ON
I did do that. I just thought them at you could also program it so i can be first person on foot and then default to third person when entering a vehicle.

Maybe I'm crazy.

Only thing I can say about watch dogs is it felt more alive I guess. Then again the next gen version of GTA has alot more pedestrians doing things.
Watch Dogs had amazing driving. And I liked the "hiding in the car to evade cops" thing. Watch Dogs cops felt more real. Besides that, all other elements were generic to the core.

GTA is insane though. The amount of detail is mind blowing, and it cant be rivalled. Watch Dogs sequels (if any) have quite a giant to climb.

woen

Wow Social club/iFruit is really a shitty app, it doesn't recognize my password even when I changed it 10 seconds ago because it blocks everything after ONE try
I verified my email too but it still asks me to do it

Uplay works way better

So I downloaded my free money on PSN but it hasn't shown up in game for me yet. Does it take a while after it downloads and installs?

This happened to me, as well. Redeemed my voucher code but received no money.

It's under your respective network's in-game store.

I couldn't find my money either, there was nothing in the PSN tab of the options menu. Then I noticed that the money got transferred to Franklin even though I was playing as Michael.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
oh god does first person driving ever get more manageable? I can't drive for shit because of how twitchy the cars handles. Really frustrating.

i can't play any other open world driving game after playing GTA V... don't know how you believe this.

Other games can't have amazing driving? I think Watch Dogs was a good game until I realized how stupidly linear it is for an open world game. Everything is 1s and 0s in that game, and there is no organic flow to it. That said, it had some great features, and playing Cops and Robbers was fun, and so was driving.

Of course GTA driving is great, but I had a lot of fun driving in that too. Maybe it was the hacks that made it fun but it was fun to me.

With that said, I am enjoying the hell outta this game and even though I would love to continue where I left off from on PS3, I don't mind replaying cause it's a great story!

Other games can't have amazing driving? I think Watch Dogs was a good game until I realized how stupidly linear it is for an open world game. Everything is 1s and 0s in that game, and there is no organic flow to it. That said, it had some great features, and playing Cops and Robbers was fun, and so was driving.

Of course GTA driving is great, but I had a lot of fun driving in that too. Maybe it was the hacks that made it fun but it was fun to me.

I was under the assumption that the general consensus was that Watch_Dogs' car physics was horrible.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I said to hell with it and am sticking with 3rd person view for driving. It sucks, but when the alternative is crashing into shit you can't see on either side, what are you going to do?

ah this is a bummer to hear. more reason to wait for the PC version... :/

Just landed a plane in first person for the first time.

That was great. Everything I ever wanted. God damn I love flying in GTA, and first person makes it even better.

Top Bottom