• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

i got a question about these controls... like why the hell is handbrake not A?

i recall someone in the thread saying they were able to switch the button... am I mistaken because im not seeing these options to change the controls

i got a question about these controls... like why the hell is handbrake not A?

i recall someone in the thread saying they were able to switch the button... am I mistaken because im not seeing these options to change the controls

Alternate handbrake option under settings. Should be its own option.

Agent

I was playing GTA on PS4 earlier on story mode exploring the map, saved, then played some Destiny. I just started GTA again and it is starting me at the first mission and the save is wiped, nothing is under the load menu. I was only 5% in so its not a big deal, but hope it doesn't happen again. It looks like I lost the preorder bonus money too.

I am fucking blown away by all the details that were either missing or wasted in the last gen versions. For me this is a whole new game, it's simply amazing. Rockstar is taking a huge dump on the competition once again, how could any other developer even dream of getting close to this open world?

Btw is this buggy new? I don't remember it.

grandtheftautov_20141ctcie.jpg

Spazznid

Just did the challenge for 250,000 4 times in a row and about to do it for my other character...

I try. I TRY to play right, but... They pull me right back in!

At least until Rockstar deletes the missions. But let's be serious, there will always be a loot cave.

I am fucking blown away by all the details that were either missing or wasted in the last gen versions. For me this is a whole new game, it's simply amazing. Rockstar is taking a huge dump on the competition once again, how could any other developer even dream of getting close to this open world?

Btw is this buggy new? I don't remember it.

grandtheftautov_20141ctcie.jpg
DLC car. It's really speedy. Love it.

I just love the random moments in GTA... makes the world feel so alive.

Driving back from a mission my car is all banged up, I park it in front of my house, and some idiot crashes into it. I turn around to see this guy staring at me, so I call him a name and turn away. He responds... I turn back, call him another name. Then he gets out of the car and tries to jump me. My favorite moment is you can hear this other guy scream "You cocccksuckkker" in the background.

It's hilarious:

http://a.pomf.se/nrobss.webm

(never used this webm host before so sorry if it sucks. Enable sound. It makes it all the better)

What I don't love is that someone called the cops on me, but w/e.

hahahahaha that's amazing

This game is truly something else in first person. Everyone should experience it once.

Seik

Banned
Had a blast with the game all night long.

Then I realized that I busted my R2 button, it stays pulled a bit, unless I push it back up to its normal position. :(

hahahahaha that's amazing

This game is truly something else in first person. Everyone should experience it once.

Yes, really cool. I just wish the police would be a bit less annoying. You get that one star for pretty much everything. :( Oh, and the deadzone is really bad, I second that. This is worse than Uncharted 3 vanilla aiming.

DavidDesu

Love the FPS view. I just wish they'd fix the deadzone. It's rough...

it0lVLP9mnA1M.png

Yeah, the deadzone and auto-centering in FP view needlessly detracts. I hope they listen and give people the option to tighten the deadzone up and give us a choice to auto centre or not. Would fix my main gripes with the game in an instant! Aiming is really difficult. Move the stick just a little like I would in a traditional FPS and a tiny amount of movement, nudge it ever so much more and it just lurches past what I was aiming for. Argh! This game could be near perfect... Please R*, you're my only hope.

Megasoum

Banned
I can't remember from the original game. If you tune/upgrade one of the "personal" car (Franklin's white car or Mike's black audi) do they stay permanently upgraded?

AmyS

The last thing I read about framerate, was that Xbox One handles the tougher areas better than PS4. While Xbox One only dropped to 29fps, the PS4 dropped down to 27fps.

Has there been any consensus, since then, on which console has the better overall frame rate?

DoT2

The last thing I read about framerate, was that Xbox One handles the tougher areas better than PS4. While Xbox One only dropped to 29fps, the PS4 dropped down to 27fps.

Has there been any consensus, since then, on which console has the better overall frame rate?

Wow, a whole 2 frames! Sarcasm aside I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference between 29 and 27.

OK, i love the game, and if i was to find ANY flaws...

the deadzone is awful, shooting out of the car is impossible.

you can't custom config buttons to ANY

all my HUD is close to the edge, had to lower my failsafe really really low. is this normal?

OK, i love the game, and if i was to find ANY flaws...

the deadzone is awful, shooting out of the car is impossible.

you can't custom config buttons to ANY

all my HUD is close to the edge, had to lower my failsafe really really low. is this normal?

Is the deadzone with the game or controllers as well? Like I want to know if this is a DS4 problem. Since I'm debating putting X1 sticks on my controller.

Kssio_Aug

About 3 hours of playing in the solo campaign had lead to this.

cJ9I2IT.png

This is what ruined Xbox's "upload" feature. Games thinking they should record for you.

I hate this auto record feature in some games aswell. Can't understand why the hell some developers believe thats a good idea. So stupid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Duke O' Death in first person? Nope. Impossible.

Was surprised I found it as Franklin. I figured it was a Trevor thing. Can I just pull it from any garage like most rewarded vehicles, or do I have to save it?

mreddie

So the radio seems better, did they add new commercials? I also noticed the cut Princess Bubblegum show is back on this installment. I feel almost all the things that were cut from the last gen version are added back.

FPS mode is great, feels a bit odd when covering though.

Jhn

Ok, I've really tried, but the ridiculous input lag and the equally ridiculous deadzone is ruining the game for me, I can't enjoy it... And it really bums me out.

Reviews need to start telling you about shit like this. I haven't seen a single review mention neither the deadzone nor the input lag, and that fact makes me lose hope in the gaming press. It's a bit like how almost none of the AC:Unity reviews even mentions the framerate. This shit needs to be disclosed, it's a huge factor for people who are sensitive to these things.

Is there anyone who actually incorporates stuff like this into their reviews?

It's ridiculous how much more I'm enjoying the "next-gen" version over the original. Even the story is suddenly sucking me in, whereas I was not that into it before.

And to think Dragon Age is waiting for me. I might have to quit my day job.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

You might want to wait for the full Digital Foundry comparison. General consensus seems to be that it's nearly equal with both, with the slight edge to PS4.

Now, anybody figured out how to get their "returning customer" content yet? I want my pre-order money and other goodies, Rockstar!

Derpyduck

Banned
I was playing GTA on PS4 earlier on story mode exploring the map, saved, then played some Destiny. I just started GTA again and it is starting me at the first mission and the save is wiped, nothing is under the load menu. I was only 5% in so its not a big deal, but hope it doesn't happen again. It looks like I lost the preorder bonus money too.

Same thing happened to me. If you don't play the Franklin-Lamar mission until it gives you a Completed message, it starts you over from the very beginning of the game.

MercuryLS

Banned
You might want to wait for the full Digital Foundry comparison. General consensus seems to be that it's nearly equal with both, with the slight edge to PS4.

Now, anybody figured out how to get their "returning customer" content yet? I want my pre-order money and other goodies, Rockstar!

You should have gotten a slip in the case with a code for the 1mil (500k for SP and 500k for MP).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I preordered online through PSN. Accessed the store through the Pause Menu and it allowed me to download the money pack, but it's not showing up for my SP character's save game. Do I have to start over from the beginning for the cash to show up?

edit: OH SHIT I'M RICH BEEYOTCH never mind

I just love the random moments in GTA... makes the world feel so alive.

Driving back from a mission my car is all banged up, I park it in front of my house, and some idiot crashes into it. I turn around to see this guy staring at me, so I call him a name and turn away. He responds... I turn back, call him another name. Then he gets out of the car and tries to jump me. My favorite moment is you can hear this other guy scream "You cocccksuckkker" in the background.

It's hilarious:

http://a.pomf.se/nrobss.webm

(never used this webm host before so sorry if it sucks. Enable sound. It makes it all the better)

What I don't love is that someone called the cops on me, but w/e.

LOL amazing. I love this game.

Megasoum

Banned
I preordered online through PSN. Accessed the store through the Pause Menu and it allowed me to download the money pack, but it's not showing up for my SP character's save game. Do I have to start over from the beginning for the cash to show up?

edit: OH SHIT I'M RICH BEEYOTCH never mind

lol, Hopefully you were on the right character when you loaded back in the game cause only that character is getting the money.

Just bought the ps4 disc version and it's been stuck on installing 45% for like 20 minutes. Is this a common problem?

edit-never mind it's just because my disk was smudgy

The "returning customer" stuff unlocks gradually from what I can tell (Just started the wildlife challenges...). If you want to check if it worked, go to Ammu-Nation and see if they have Rail Gun challenges available.

Got a tip for anyone having issues with the first person driving: treat it like a bullet-hell shooter. I've found that on most cars, you will avoid hitting stuff if you aim the steering wheel between obstacles, that's the safe zone.

ckohler

Do the Killer Whales say, "Eat Shit" when they make their noises? It sure sounds like it to me.

I recorded a clip on my Xbox One but I don't know how to share it here.

panty

Just did the challenge for 250,000 4 times in a row and about to do it for my other character...

I try. I TRY to play right, but... They pull me right back in!

At least until Rockstar deletes the missions. But let's be serious, there will always be a loot cave.
What's this? Please share!

Purest 78

Had a blast with the game all night long.

Then I realized that I busted my R2 button, it stays pulled a bit, unless I push it back up to its normal position. :(

You can fix it there's a little spring that you take off trigger. Oddly enough when you remove it the trigger works again. They used plastic pin and I guessing the left one broke on your trigger. I youtubed a fix mine has worked great since the fix. You wouldn't think it only needs one side of the pin to work, but it absolutely does.

Just did the first heist completely in first person. Incredible.

You sort of miss a lot of the world around you but it's so much more immersive.

Labrys

Would you say this and TLOU would be worth getting a PS4? Just noticed a Black Friday bundle with them, and I'll have enough money, I'm just not sure. An xbone with it costs less than the PS4 bundle, but I'm not sure I want to go xbox again either.

antitrop

Would you say this and TLOU would be worth getting a PS4? Just noticed a Black Friday bundle with them, and I'll have enough money, I'm just not sure. An xbone with it costs less than the PS4 bundle, but I'm not sure I want to go xbox again either.

Best 2 games of the year 2 years in a row.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

Yes, both games are masterpieces. You will not be disappointed.

Deep Crow

Neo Member
I missed out on playing GTA V on last-gen. If I buy the PS4 version now, is there any way I can unlock the content for returning players after I start my game?

Like, can I borrow a friend's last-gen version, create a save file, and unlock the new content on PS4 at any time? Or do I have to do that before I start?

Nyx

Spent the entire evening walking around Los Santos as a pig, cow, bunny, deer and golden retriever.

Glad I already finished the story in the lastgen version cause just walking around in this version is way too much fun.

Top Bottom