• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Cc23830

I know I shouldn't be as it's part of the fun earning cash but I am proper teasy that the preorder bonus for my online player didn't add on. I mean I specifically ordered digitally for the $800000 online. I got the 500000 for the single player but I was counting on that money lol.

I love the ending of the mission Dead Man Walking...

SPOILERS: Definitely one of my favorite scenes in the game.

That night cityscape background...

First person driving and shooting is weird. You hold R2 to accelerate, L1 to hold up gun and R1 to fire. Seems like a bit of a clusterf.

I hate that, too. Before L1 was both aim and fire, it was more messy but better. I wish it was just like regular R2 to run and gun... Light Press to aim, Hard Press to aim and shoot. 2 buttons (including the same shoulder as accelerate) is annoying. There's a lot of control schemes though so maybe another driving layout is better.

kriskrosbbk

Sometimes when switching from Michael to Franklin their outfit is not the one that I have choose for each of them and I left them with .Is it normal?

J4g3r

Have they borked the stock market this time around?

I did the first assassination mission for Lester and invested before. Pretty sure I'm supposed to get at least a return percentage of 80%, but it's stopped at 21%. This is even after advancing time.

I love the ending of the mission Dead Man Walking...

SPOILERS: Definitely one of my favorite scenes in the game.

That night cityscape background...

Man I really wish they kept that kind of tone throughout the game.
Sometimes when switching from Michael to Franklin their outfit is not the one that I have choose for each of them and I left them with .Is it normal?

Was like that last gen as well, and very annoying. It's supposed to make the characters feel like they're living thier lives beyond the player controlling them, but every time I switch back to Michael and he's in his retired Dad attire , or Franklin looks like he tripped through a closet with his eyes closed I just smh. Everyone just keep your suits on, gotdamn

What? You can play as animals in GTA 5?

Yup. Someone shared with me this find today and I got a pretty good laugh. Don't have the game and won't be getting it though but it's fun to go through everyone's impressions of the game.

vVEY72.gif

Well, colour me unsurprised that the FP mode doesn't exactly alleviate the game's unequivocally flat combat mechanics.

It's a real shame that the only way GTAV can feel like a decently competent or responsive shooter is as some sort of awfully unfulfilling and heavily assisted 'whack-a-mole' simulator, wherein all you do is pull the left trigger, let the outrageous auto-aim do its thing and then pull the right trigger. It's serviceable, but it's oh, so boring. And it's basically your only option, because playing without any assists is a counterintuitive, janky and frustrating slog.

Having said that, I absolutely love the accompanying animations/sway/bob/blur/etc. The way Rockstar have done all of that is 100% my jam and I honestly don't think I'll ever tire of the visual awesomeness that is combat rolling in first person (flying through a windshield is also amazing). It reminds me a lot of P.T. and The Darkness. I look forward to the day when a developer nails the whole shabang in an open world as good as GTAV's.

thenexus6

You can change it to fire automatically with just L1. It's not perfect, but better.

Okay thanks, maybe i'll do that.. I think thats what GTA IV was like. Which one is that in settings?

Also I noticed in the settings motion controls for aircraft, bike, boat and reload - anyone tried those?

I didn't even preorder and I got that $1 million code in my box which is cool.

I just transferred my character from my 360 and went into a gun store to buy stuff. I literally had about 10 trophies pop at once.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I'm so impressed by the technical improvements they've made here. I had no idea they would be so complete. PC users are in for a treat.

I mean, proper volumetric lightting in addition to screen-space god rays, screen-space AND planar reflections, POM everywhere, fantastic ENB-like depth of field, new object blur in some cases, and a great LOD system really sell the world. The first person view is insanely immersive as well with animations almost on par with Far Cry 3/4 or a good Starbreeze game. I'm genuinely surprised.

Well, colour me unsurprised that the FP mode doesn't exactly alleviate the game's unequivocally flat combat mechanics.

It's a real shame that the only way GTAV can feel like a decently competent or responsive shooter is as some sort of awfully unfulfilling and heavily assisted 'whack-a-mole' simulator, wherein all you do is pull the left trigger, let the outrageous auto-aim do its thing and then pull the right trigger. It's serviceable, but it's oh, so boring. And it's basically your only option, because playing without any assists is a counterintuitive, janky and frustrating slog.

Having said that, I absolutely love the accompanying animations/sway/bob/blur/etc. The way Rockstar have done all of that is 100% my jam and I honestly don't think I'll ever tire of the visual awesomeness that is combat rolling in first person (flying through a windshield is also amazing). It reminds me a lot of P.T. and The Darkness. I look forward to the day when a developer nails the whole shabang in an open world as good as GTAV's.

Damn, this is what I was worried about. Wanted to pay the game without assists...ugh. why is rockstar so bad when it comes to player control mechanics?

After about 10 minutes, the characters spawn with a new Switch Scene... and maybe after 30-45 minutes (or after resetting the game), the also will switch clothing. Some of the Switch Scenes will automatically change your clothes or car, too.

Damn it, so they DID change the payouts for the assassination missions.

That sucks.
More LCD stocks seem to change now though... I made a lot of money on Vangelico far earlier than before (it reverts much faster now) and also Liveinvader (it never reverted before). Plus there's always Bawsaq.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Buy lowest Monday, sell it Wednesday and buy lowest Wednesday, sell that Friday. Refresh for the next week. That's the most effective stock market running right now.

Daffy Duck

More LCD stocks seem to change now though... I made a lot of money on Vangelico far earlier than before (it reverts much faster now) and also Liveinvader (it never reverted before). Plus there's always Bawsaq.

I want to make $2 billion though so I can buy everything.

Buy lowest Monday, sell it Wednesday and buy lowest Wednesday, sell that Friday. Refresh for the next week. That's the most effective stock market running right now.

Is that on LCN or BAWSAQ or both?

I've just done
the Life Invader assassination mission
and I want to make sure I maximise how much money I make so I can buy all the property.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
any idea of the amount of money you can make after the final heist and having done the assassination missions? I think i had about $120/130m (after buying properties, cars/boats/planes and weapons and modding them) for each character when i last played through the story on PS3 but I know you could get up to $2.1b

I've just invested the $500k bonus into the companies that are affected by the assassination missions. also invested in some others like vanillaunicorn, ammunation and pisswasser. getting a bit of profit there.

also...do the lifeinvader/vangelico stock prices ever rise after the missions you do there? i know they didn't in PS3 but i seen someone say that they do now. i sold some shares (worth $13k) from one of the companies that was giving me a profit (of $63k) and invested it in lifeinvader and so far i've lost $7k because the price is still dropping. should i just cut my losses now or buy up some more before it goes back up (if it ever does)???

Quick question: (if this has been answered ad nausem, I apologize) Does your single player save info transfer over from PS360 to next gen skus?

This will decide whether or not I double dip on this game.

Foffy

Banned
I'm gonna eventually get this on PC. I have not played a GTA since Vice City lol. I have no idea what to expect. Is this better than Vice City?

I have a hella soft spot for Vice, so this is maybe next to it. I'm sure content and scope wise V is a lot better than Vice. The feeling Vice City and in turn its prequel Vice City Stories convey more than the other games is the feeling of being a "boss", a man hitting an empire and involved in controlling the city.

If I could describe V, it would be much difficult to convey, as I can't think of an adequate way to summarize its themes. Each of the three characters has a different goal in mind, and even the core theme of the game - the heists - don't even properly summarize the theme of the game.

UrbanRats

I'm so impressed by the technical improvements they've made here. I had no idea they would be so complete. PC users are in for a treat.

I mean, proper volumetric lightting in addition to screen-space god rays, screen-space AND planar reflections, POM everywhere, fantastic ENB-like depth of field, new object blur in some cases, and a great LOD system really sell the world. The first person view is insanely immersive as well with animations almost on par with Far Cry 3/4 or a good Starbreeze game. I'm genuinely surprised.

words.jpg

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Quick question: (if this has been answered ad nausem, I apologize) Does your single player save info transfer over from PS360 to next gen skus?

nope. just your online character.

personally...i don't mind. i'm happy to play through the story again. this is my 4th time.

Carn82

Nope :( I thought that it would; so I double dipped. But had to start over. Which is still worth it, imho :)

any idea of the amount of money you can make after the final heist and having done the assassination missions? I think i had about $120/130m (after buying properties, cars/boats/planes and weapons and modding them) for each character when i last played through the story on PS3 but I know you could get up to $2.1b

I've just invested the $500k bonus into the companies that are affected by the assassination missions. also invested in some others like vanillaunicorn, ammunation and pisswasser. getting a bit of profit there.

also...do the lifeinvader/vangelico stock prices ever rise after the missions you do there? i know they didn't in PS3 but i seen someone say that they do now. i sold some shares (worth $13k) from one of the companies that was giving me a profit (of $63k) and invested it in lifeinvader and so far i've lost $7k because the price is still dropping. should i just cut my loses now or buy up some more before it goes back up (if it ever does)???
Lifeinvader for me starting going back up around Dead Man Walking... made 72% or so. (So that's new).

Vangelico went up before but it usually happened after Paleto Bay Score. Not it started going up for me a little (maybe 10%) by Crystal Maze or Friends Reunited, and by Dead Man Walking it was up 45%.

Curiously, when I switched to Franklin 15 minutes later, Lifeinvader was down again to about just +45% (still new and a big profit). So, I'm not really sure yet how it works, if it's more random, it it changes every time you load/switch characters (to stop 'cheesing abuse') or something. I'm not sure yet how it works or if there's a specific scripted where you can repeat it. But it definitely went up.

cackhyena

Damn, this is what I was worried about. Wanted to pay the game without assists...ugh. why is rockstar so bad when it comes to player control mechanics?
I tried to say the same thing a few days ago only to be met with arguments of "GTA was never about the shooting". *_____*

I asked this question a little while back but didn't get an answer, if you transfer your character from last gen to current gen do they let you edit your face?

WITHE1982

Just looking at my stats on Rockstar's social club and I've done a grand total of 7 missions in just under 7 hours.

This game just gives you too much stuff to dick around with. I just can't seem to get into the story for random shit happening.

owlbeak

So I'm having an issue with my PS4 copy, I have to squeeze R2 so hard to fire my gun it's kind of ridiculous. I don't have an issue with any other game, just this one. I can pull the trigger all the way down and nothing happens and I have to squeeze it even harder to get the gun to fire. I can't do burnouts and cars drive half-speed unless I squeeze the trigger really hard.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: found a post on reddit with people having similar issues it seems: http://www.reddit.com/r/gta5/comments/2mrdok/cant_shoot_ps4/

cackhyena

Well, those people aren't exactly wrong; it's just a nice way of saying that controls/combat in GTA games have always been shit.
They aren't wrong, but it's a pathetic excuse just the same. I never claimed they were in the first place. Hey this movie is amazing the but the lead is kinda garbage, imo. Still 10 out of 10.

I know I shouldn't be as it's part of the fun earning cash but I am proper teasy that the preorder bonus for my online player didn't add on. I mean I specifically ordered digitally for the $800000 online. I got the 500000 for the single player but I was counting on that money lol.

Weird, I got my online money and not my campaign money.

Seik

Banned
Hah, now that you talk about it, I just watched the same video (I think) that you're talking about!

I found it strange that removing the spring would fix it, since I thought it was one of the essential parts of the trigger.

Though if you're telling me that it worked out for you, I'll give it a shot tomorrow then, nothing to lose anyway. :p.

Just to come back on this matter, I opened up my controller today and removed the spring, and fuck yes, it worked!

I'm still shocked that removing the spring and the broken part actually worked. :lol

I guess I'll order a new button with better build quality (if this exists) soon enough, just in case.

Putty

+1

Paralax Mapping on things is really nice.

Putty

I've put in 20 hours on PS4 and haven't ever seen that.

I have a 1tb SSHDD installed, maybe that took care of it.

Does seem like a streaming issuse, be interesting to see what DF say. They mention it in the XB1 performance article.

Top Bottom