• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Near top of the page bump for the Gaf Crew -

If you are on PS3/4, and want in the crew, please send me a PM on the R* Social Club (name is BaronVonBeans, no spaces) with your Gaf username. Either that, or send me a FR on the SC site. Going through Gaf pms work, but it takes a little longer than the Social Club method. Just applying for a crew, with no message, takes even longer, due to the need to confirm who is who.

Please, thanks, and hope to see more of you soon!

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan how dynamic depth of field was applied in this game, therefore the ability to disable it was welcomed. It also seems to increase FPS performance by dropping less frames/keeping more stable. This would make sense to me, but can anyone confirm?

Takuan

By most accounts, it sounds like it's not input lag, but a large deadzone. Improving your shooting ability in the firing range will improve this, but it is still difficult. That first gang drug war that goes wrong w/ Franklin is hard as hell in FP mode.

I think "awkward acceleration" better describes what I'm experiencing, and you mentioning the shooting rating being a factor, it all makes sense. It's utterly stupid, but it makes sense.

Guess I'm just going to turn on aim assist so the game is playable. I can deal with driving in third person.

All the gains and losses are like 0.6 % from what I've seen so far. Not worth it imo
I made almost 90% off of PIS over the last day. HAL also performed similarly.
So they nerfed the returns?
Assassination stocks are down but Heist stocks seem up or different, too.

I just made +500% or so on Liveinvader, not sure how. I bought 1mil worth of it because it went up like 60% for Michael after Dead Man Walking. So, I put 1mil more into it with Franklin. Then, all I did was free roam a little, and restart the game a couple times (I was re-doing Three's Company) and I checked once, and it was up 120% or something. But when I sold the stock, instead of getting 2.2m I got 6m... so my Franklin has like 7mil now.

Then, after Three's Company, the stock was down again like -60%. (I kept $1000 in it just to track returns... I usually always have 7 different stocks on each character with $1k invested to track returns of them since the game returns are per session.

It seems random... I'll buy Liveinvader or Vangelico after a mission and it seems to behave widly and different every time I restart the game. I don't really understand it seem but it's clearly not a single linear movement.... I'm seeing different behaviour after each mission, even different saves. It seems like the story triggers 'action' in different stocks but the change is more randomized now.

Mountain biking in first person is like the funnest shit I've done in a video game in while.

Reminds me of those GoPro downhill mountain biking videos.

TCRS

Banned
just picked it up. didn't think I'd be buying it this quick, had no money and was planning on buying it on march or something. and now I'm installing it.

tumblr_inline_mqnvpiJtfk1qz4rgp.gif

MR4001

Is there anyway to stop the automatic running in first-person mode? I hate having to hold the left stick just so.

I'm so glad I didn't spend forever with the last gen versions: so much to discover! And all the new bits! - What's the name of the car that looks like a Citroen SM? Gotta get me one! (Looks like it has European plates, too.)

just picked it up. didn't think I'd be buying it this quick, had no money and was planning on buying it on march or something. and now I'm installing it.

tumblr_inline_mqnvpiJtfk1qz4rgp.gif
It was meant to be. Stop on by the Online OT if you ever feel like taking the fight to the streets with a crew.
Is there anyway to stop the automatic running in first-person mode? I hate having to hold the left stick just so.

I'm so glad I didn't spend forever with the last gen versions: so much to discover! And all the new bits! - What's the name of the car that looks like a Citroen SM? Gotta get me one! (Looks like it has European plates, too.)
That car was added in the "I'm Not a Hipster" update. Look for a list of those add ons, and it should be easy to spot. Edit: You want the Lampadati Pigalle
Here it is.

N° 2048

Is there an Easter Egg thread or somewhere where all the new ones are being compiled?

So far I only know of the
Peyote and the mine is now explorable.

Certinty

Was randomly driving around Los Santos at night in a modern muscle car when some criminals and police sped past me in a chase. Decided to follow them until a shootout happened where I took my camera out and started taking pictures.

Was as if I was playing Nightcrawler the game, incredible.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
It's a shame some of the new things are character specific. Gotta be Franklin to do the animal picture taking thing. I'm guessing a bunch of the other new things for returning players will just unlock as I play through the story? How far do I have to progress to get all of those new things for returning players?

Woohoo!

First time trying golf in this game...Hole in One!

SmoggyCornyGerenuk.gif
That's awesome, congrats!! The golf game is pretty sweet, I just wish we could do it in the middle of free roam (in Online), not in a separate "instance"...but then again people would likely be driving all over the course then. Unless they made golfers passive, and transparent like the no contact races. THAT would be amazing..

GTA online loading times kinda suck

Yeah, they do. They also need to do something more during the loads to show that it is still working. At some points I start thinking that the thing had crashed because it does not cycle through tips and there is no progress meter shown. Bad UI design.

So, what's the deal with cats in this game? I know you can (easter egg spoilers?)
play as one via the Peyote easter egg
, but are there any beyond the occasional ambient / stray one? I'd love to be able to have a pet cat chilling in my apartment in Online or something.

...I probably wouldn't bring it outside just because of how much could kill it, though.

I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't increase the speed of the vehicles. I always thought the reason they were capped last-gen was because the console couldn't load the data fast enough, but with these new consoles, this shouldn't be a problem. Yet my Akuma tops out at 90mph... :/

Ravenn17

How long are character transfers supposed to take? I did the process yesterday and only my online character has successfully transferred over. (On PS4 with new patch)

Haven't checked story mode for my collector's stuff, but the weapons showed up in GTA Online just fine.

I didn't really have much of a GTA Online character at all . . . I never really played it. I just wanted to transfer the story mode content and it seems to have failed. :-(

I opened a trouble ticket and it looks like I'm not the only one with the problem.

Codiox

I am having a little too much fun driving around giving everyone the finger. Is there any way to give people the finger when on foot?

This is the best feature for me. When I played Online with my friends, they jumped into my car in fps and said "ok, drive". And I just looked back and give them the finger. It's glorious!

I am having a little too much fun driving around giving everyone the finger. Is there any way to give people the finger when on foot?
In Online, you can set personal actions (clicking both sticks in) and they will do an animation. The PS GAF Crew animation is a single middle finger extension. There is a double bird flip, as well. Double clikc and hold the sticks for a much longer animation. Click, hold, and walk to flip people as you stroll the boulevard!
I'm pretty disappointed that they didn't increase the speed of the vehicles. I always thought the reason they were capped last-gen was because the console couldn't load the data fast enough, but with these new consoles, this shouldn't be a problem. Yet my Akuma tops out at 90mph... :/
Have you bought all the top level mods? Do that. Use the weight transfer, too, to help with road elevation changes to keep the speed up. The Akuma and the Dinka Double T are smokin bikes.....they flyyyyyyy

todahawk

Akuma? You mean Death Rocket?
Maybe I was a little rusty but I died soooo many times during a NGAF race in the subway tunnels last night.

Top Bottom