• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I got out of my car and walked all the way from downtown LS to Michaels house because a thunderstorm broke out in the evening and it was just beautiful. Huge puddles everywhere, pedestrians covering themselves, distant thunder illuminating the wet streets and buildings off in the distance

THRILLH0

Banned
Is the returning player stuff tied to gamertag at all?

ie if I log into my existing social club account with a new GT on my XB1 will I get my goodies?

Robot Pants

I got out of my car and walked all the way from downtown LS to Michaels house because a thunderstorm broke out in the evening and it was just beautiful. Huge puddles everywhere, pedestrians covering themselves, distant thunder illuminating the wet streets and buildings off in the distance
I love the new rain. Old rain was one of my biggest disappointments with the original

I recommend going to Vespucci Beach when the weather is rainy. Shit looks nuts! (Even though rain/wet reflections in general is one of the few areas the game loses against WD/SD)

nbraun80

ie if I log into my existing social club account with a new GT on my XB1 will I get my goodies?
Not sure about all the stuff but I just downloaded the game on X1 and did the transfer and got the 500k right away.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Yeah the FOV for the in car view is just crazy. First thing I'd do is raise that if I could. Looks like my character is driving while pressing his forehead against the wheel.

YoodlePro

Awesome game. Haven't played it on ps3, so it blows my mind on ps4.

Has anyone else had problems with the 500000 preorder bonus?

I input the code before installing the game and now all my money is stuck with Franklin. Is there a way (I assume not) to shift all that money to Michael?

so I just noticed that grass now burns...

I hadn't heard anyone mention that. I was destroying some evidence out in the East LS oil field and when the car exploded, all the grass around it ignited. And then, the fire spread like 25 meters across all the grass.

The car also exploded a second time about 3-4 seconds after the initial explosion... Definitely new and improved, the fire at night looked awesome.

so I just noticed that grass now burns...

I hadn't heard anyone mention that. I was destroying some evidence out in the East LS oil field and when the car exploded, all the grass around it ignited. And then, the fire spread like 25 meters across all the grass.

The car also exploded a second time about 3-4 seconds after the initial explosion... Definitely new and improved, the fire at night looked awesome.

That's awesome , I love that rockstar don't advertise this stuff , makes discovering it so much more awesome.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
I didn't check if you automatically had a parachute when you jumped out of a plane...

As someone who's been skydiving from 15000 feet (only about a month ago), this was a bit jarring and discomforting to see lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE8seuuDTTk

Haha nice. I know the feeling since I must have done this a dozen of times last gen. I'm going to use only first person for singleplayer and no fast travel apart from switching characters. Can't wait for the PC release.

BashNasty

Thus far I really am loving the remaster. The first person mode really does change the game in a meaningful, brilliant way and the new graphical coat of paint makes an already amazing world pop even more. I put well over 100 hours into the previous-gen version, and I imagine I'll do the same here.

However, for everything I'm loving, I do have a couple of complaints about things I hoped to see more greatly improved in the next-gen versions.

Car spawns still aren't as varied as I'd like. I decided to stand in an intersection and watch how many various cars came by. I did this in a more industrial part of Los Santos. What I was hoping to see was a large variety coupled with some one-off cars coming through. Maybe a Coil or other fancy car or bike through the industrial area. Instead I saw maybe 15 cars consistently driving through my screen. A wood paneled station wagon, a couple repair trucks, several different types of coupes, a classic car, and a few varieties of larger delivery trucks. Not once did I see a motorcycle, for instance, and I watched for at least 10 minutes. Even when I walked several blocks down the street the same cars kept spawning. That was pretty disappointing. I was really, really hoping that with the vastly increased ram they would improve car variety even more. I have no doubt it's improved, and I've certainly not seen the "get in a car, every car is your car" stuff that was more commonly exhibited last-gen, but still...

Objects are still culled too quickly. One of my favorite things to do in pretty much every GTA game is to climb on top of a building and cause chaos in an intersection for as long as I can before the cops take me out. It's sort of like a mini GTA horde mode. I particularly enjoy trying to get a block to look like a war zone by filling it up with burned out husks of cars. Unfortunately, it's tough to actually properly fill a block with cars and remnants of chaos because the game culls them too quickly. I was really hoping that with, again, so much more memory to work with, GTAV on PS4 would fix this issue. It didn't. I found an intersection with two large buses. I blew both of them up and kept tabs on their husks while I fought off the cops. Once I panned the camera off it, one of the bus husks disappeared pretty fast. The other one stuck around longer, but I never really got the street filled with destruction, the game was taking it away too fast. Again, I'm sure that aspect is better than it was, but I really wanted more.

Ahh, I love this game.

B23sUQeCEAEbg7W.jpg:orig

other small new things

-Trevor has a whole bunch of new motorbike helmets... tons, actually. He has 3 types now. One looks the same as before but now has different colours. Another looks like a bucket helmet, like those WW1 German soldiers or the Red Baron pilot. The third is the moto-x helmet. I've seen lots of colours, like red, white, black, pink, yellow... and lots of different symbols, too, like skulls, crossed, checkered flags, etc.

-Stock market is different now. Assassination missions seem to effect stocks much less. Heist stocks that crashed now go back up much faster (after a few story missions instead of 20-25 story missions). Some story affected stocks that previously never went back up (
Lifeinvader
) go back up, too. Still not exactly sure all the details yet. But for me...
Vangelico went back up over 50% very quickly after Trevor was in LS... normally it doesn't go back up until after Paleto Bay Score. And Lifeinvader never went goes back up... but it went up 70% for me after T got to LS. So, I wonder if Merryweather and GruppeSechs, which previously permanently crashed as well, go back up now.

Awesome game. Haven't played it on ps3, so it blows my mind on ps4.

Has anyone else had problems with the 500000 preorder bonus?

I input the code before installing the game and now all my money is stuck with Franklin. Is there a way (I assume not) to shift all that money to Michael?
No.. I never put the code in until I was playing as just Trevor (after Nervous Ron), and he never got any money, neither did Michael. I think no matter what it goes to Franklin. If, for story reasons (he's supposed to be poor), you don't like that... just use it to buy cars for Michael or Trevor and then use Hangout to give it to them haha.

Okay, I initiated the online character transfer. It showed that I had that data, showed my character level and how much cash he has.

Then it said "Transfer pending" and then sent me back to the single-player.

What now?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Did the first assassination mission. Slept several times, but it seems like the profit caps out at 21 now instead of in the 80s. That sucks as the property prices are still ridiculous. This was BAWSAQ though, so I'm not sure how LCN stuff will behave since it's not dependent on Social Club.

Spazznid

Okay, I initiated the online character transfer. It showed that I had that data, showed my character level and how much cash he has.

Then it said "Transfer pending" and then sent me back to the single-player.

What now?

wait like 5 minutes, and go online again

Daffy Duck

Did the first assassination mission. Slept several times, but it seems like the profit caps out at 21 now instead of in the 80s. That sucks as the property prices are still ridiculous. This was BAWSAQ though, so I'm not sure how LCN stuff will behave since it's not dependent on Social Club.

Ignore me

Dajanksta

Banned
I've gotten really good at first person driving. Also choosing an alternate first person mode controls feels better. Like sprinting use the left stick instead of x. Like someone said earlier driving a bike is easier in first Person. I like bike choppers though wish i could buy one or steal one and make
It my own...

TheDanger

Banned
Does anyone else have the problem that Snapmatic photos don't appear on Social Club? It says saving to gallery, that gallery is the one on Social Club right? It also said saving to gallery without any error messages before I connected my Social Club account though. I also linked my psn account to my social club account, but the pictures still don't appear.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm gonna check out the respawning treasure chests from the last gen version next. I'm going to assume they work. Unfortunately, it's a terribly slow way to gain money, but it might be bearable with a podcast or Stern on or something.

I just finished up streaming. If anyone wants to flip through quite a bit of mostly awesome first person, free aim footage it's right here. It starts from Trevor's introduction and ends with his
trip to Los Santos
. Lots of driving and shooting while driving, loads of firefights, some bridgeweaving in a plane, etc. I also like to check out my surroundings as well as other characters in my vehicle when I'm driving and I'm getting pretty good at it (not to mention it adds a bit to the sense of place in the game). I should have been asleep two hours ago but this game has me hooked. It's the most immersive game I've ever played by a wide margin in first person mode

julrik

In GTAO, is it possible to have a "bucket/half helmet" as default every time you use a motorcycle? Love first person driving on motorcycles, but hate the visor effect..

dreamlock

I just finished up streaming. If anyone wants to flip through 2 hours worth of mostly awesome first person, free aim footage it's right here. It starts from Trevor's introduction and ends with his
trip to Los Santos
. Lots of driving and shooting while driving, loads of firefights, some bridgeweaving in a plane, etc. I should have been asleep two hours ago but this game has me hooked.

I skimmed through it and saw some great scenes - nice work. I'm saving it for later as I'm at work, thanks.

julrik

Does anyone else have the problem that Snapmatic photos don't appear on Social Club? It says saving to gallery, that gallery is the one on Social Club right? It also said saving to gallery without any error messages before I connected my Social Club account though. I also linked my psn account to my social club account, but the pictures still don't appear.
No, the gallery is in the pause menu. You have to upload them manually to SC now.

I skimmed through it and saw some great scenes - nice work. I'm saving it for later as I'm at work, thanks.

Thanks! I'm gonna go through it and make some webms at some point too. There are really some seriously awesome moments in there I didn't expect, same as everyone playing this game :p but I'd say I'm starting to get pretty good at aiming, and I'm definitely pretty good at first person driving now.

I think my favorite moment in this game so far was at 1:10:00 when I got the plane and flew in FPS mode for the first time. It's just too damn good! and it feels super natural. I would have gotten that landing down if I hadn't got my buttons switched up for a minute lmao

danowat

Banned
Anyone else notice, that if you'd played the xbox 360 version, any achievements you got in that are automatically unlocking in the xbox one version?

Anyone else notice, that if you'd played the xbox 360 version, any achievements you got in that are automatically unlocking in the xbox one version?

I played on 360 originally. When I imported my character to PS4 I got all the online achievements (trophies this time).

I love this game

B23xv_7CEAADrKl.jpg:orig

bud23

Nope.

Yes, you only need to link your social club account to your new gamertag.

woen

lol @ "let's not buy weapons at Ammunition or black market the police will know, let's steal a whole bunch of weapons from a LSPD tactical team's vehicle than do a 15 min high-speed chase all over Lost Santos and Blaine Country, with 50 cars pop-in everywhere and and helicopter that can spot you any where you're hiding, it's much more stealthy"

Haha nice. I know the feeling since I must have done this a dozen of times last gen. I'm going to use only first person for singleplayer and no fast travel apart from switching characters. Can't wait for the PC release.

It took me a good while to get used to but now I'm exclusively playing in first person. It's just a completely different experience once you get used to the sometimes janky controls.

Moments like that video are what solidified the decision for me.

Juz

I just love the random moments in GTA... makes the world feel so alive.

It's hilarious:

http://a.pomf.se/nrobss.webm

(never used this webm host before so sorry if it sucks. Enable sound. It makes it all the better)

What I don't love is that someone called the cops on me, but w/e.

Took Chop for a walk and things got weird quick

Pedestrians usually give me a lot of the time to get out the way but they were giving the paramedics of all people 0 leeway.

This is why I love GTA :lol

Amazing.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
The only thing I do not like about this game so far is I can never decide to play in third or first person!!

MisterM

Something I read from another site that gives me more reason to love this game is if you shoot the gas out of the car it actually shows the fuel drop down from full to low on the dashboard

MisterM

Something I read from another site that gives me more reason to love this game is if you shoot the gas out of the car it actually shows the fuel drop down from full to low on the dashboard

I noticed last night that the in car dashboard display (in cars that have them) shows the current radio station and song playing. <3 details.

RulkezX

Anyone else find the UI and text popups tiny on their tv?

I've never ever had problems reading attic in a game but last night I was finding it pretty difficult.

Vein

Banned
I'm gonna eventually get this on PC. I have not played a GTA since Vice City lol. I have no idea what to expect. Is this better than Vice City?

Valnen

There is a lot of aliasing in this game on PS4. Kind of disappointed with that. Really hoping the PC version is good unlike GTA 4.

dreamlock

I'm gonna eventually get this on PC. I have not played a GTA since Vice City lol. I have no idea what to expect. Is this better than Vice City?

Long since I played Vice City, but with the release of GTA V last year it became my favorite of the series overall, so in my opinion - yes, it is. I'm also waiting to get this on PC. Be careful around here if you want to avoid spoilers, as I see some people forget spoiler tags every now and then.

DryvBy

I finally got to load this game up last night and check it out for the first time. Man, it's going to be hard to jump back on another game for a while. This game looks gorgeous. Last night, I took a picture of a boat ride I was taking that just looked incredible.

Anyone else find the UI and text popups tiny on their tv?

I've never ever had problems reading attic in a game but last night I was finding it pretty difficult.

the text I most object to is the online mission description. Tiny stylized writing above the settings user interface.

In fact in general i think the online needs a redesign there are too many stages and menus and stagings, no priority to key information. Lucky, the load times are short because then the weird server problems are not as frustrating.

Top Bottom