• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

goonergaz

So as a digital pre-order I thought PS4 owners got $1M + $1M? I only got $500K - should I have got $1M? And how do you know if you get the returning player stuff - I noticed the blimp and some stunts unlock...is that it enough proof to know I qualified?

Also, how the hell do you guys drive and shoot at the same time!? It must be me and my brain but I can't do it, in the end during the early bike mission I just ran into him.

So far I find this pretty smooth but as ever the driving seems 'off' and I notice weird lag (seems to be a R* effect) - maybe if I watch the videos back it might make more sense.

Really enjoying it so far.

I hope Rockstar fixes the deadzone for FPS mode. Everything offered with it is awesome and I find myself using it for everything now.

The controls seem tight as they are, but the deadzone is the main thing holding it back for me.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Holy hell, just wasted three hours just driving on the motorcycle and observing stuff. Climbed on some rocks near the beach and you can see fishes underwater. Just crazy crazy attention to the details.

i dont have a deadzone: if i move the stick slightly off center and hold it, the aiming dot starts to move very slowly in that direction. More off center, more speed.

It feels off for me. It isn't a massive zone, but I do notice that it feels off. Maybe its just a little input lag or the fact that its running at 30fps. Idk. I am satisfied with what they have done with it, but it losing that offness about it will definitely make me drool even more on this game.

so everyone has an issue except you.

everyone?
anyway I doubt i have a special controller.

try it, aim fps and move the stick just slightly. Dot starts to move. Deadzone is small and similar to other games.

But: if some dont like the acceleration map or it is not like Destiny or whatever, then ok.

I am questioning the label "dead zone" as the reason because the center area of 100% nil movement seems no larger than normal.

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not but this is in my local ( Scottish ) newspaper today.

Grand Theft Auto V: Shocking video of prostitute sex with gamer in controversial first-person viewpoint

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/grand-theft-auto-v-shocking-4660452

zj77tbI.gif

I wonder what will happen when they find my first-person "murder on the beach" gifs from the french stream...

Dayummm, has anyone else noticed how fast this game drains the battery on your controller? It must be because of the phone calls coming through the speaker, or the light bar flashing red and blue, or something. Whatever it is, I've definitely noticed that my controller needs charging more often with this game than any other.

xkramz

Dayummm, has anyone else noticed how fast this game drains the battery on your controller? It must be because of the phone calls coming through the speaker, or the light bar flashing red and blue, or something. Whatever it is, I've definitely noticed that my controller needs charging more often with this game than any other.
Or you're just addicted like all of us and playing 6 hours straight ;)

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm gonna eventually get this on PC. I have not played a GTA since Vice City lol. I have no idea what to expect. Is this better than Vice City?
Many will say no but those people are blinded by nostalgia. With that said VC has a better soundtrack, story and supporting characters. Just about everything else is better in V.

I hate how phone calls are coming through my controller and home theater I just want them to come through the controller but can't seem to find the setting.

Didn't the fire spread in the past gen?
I thought it was random... maybe because there's so little foliage in the PS4 version. But you're right. I just tested it in the same spot as that video, and it does also spread. Not the same because there's much less foliage (which is actually a lot by PS3 standards), and it may appear more random because sometimes it spreads over flat ground textures and sort of skips over to other grass. It seems to disappear easier, too. But yeah, definitely does spread. I played 1000 hours on the PS3 version almost and I didn't even remember. But when I saw it on the PS4, maybe because the fire 'draws' at a far greater distance and there's so much more foliage so on the PS3 version it seemed a little bit less natural I guess. Not sure why I remembered it that wrong. But when I saw in on PS4 and saw how it more naturally spread, I thought it was new. However, I think it's mostly the same spreading code -- just much more grass and also the fire lasts longer/draws much farther, so it looks so much bigger and visually spreads so much faster and thicker, more naturally, etc.

I'm beginning to think that the stock exchange missions have been nerfed, Betta prices were $190 before the mission and the percentage gain after was minimal.

Setting the Radar to Blips now retains the Health Bar.... Sweet Lord above!

Also, you view separate stats/snapmatic/etc for different versions of GTA V... different quantity limits for snapmatic photos, etc. If you played the game multiple times on PS3, Social Club would just use the Stats for whatever 'file' was last synced with Social Club. You had 1 Snapmatic storage.

Now, and maybe this sort of existed before between 360 and PS3, you can switch between your GTA V 'Social Club' for PS3 and PS4... so you can change it to PS3 and go back and look at your old PS3 stats, photos, etc, and have separate photos/stats for PS4.

I'm super happy about that because I put a lot of effort, thought and attention to detail into making a 'perfect' GTA V file on PS3. I also filled up my Snapmatic storage completely with photos documenting that file. So, it's great that not only did I not lose the Snapmatic photos (having to delete them to make space for a new PS4 file, as you would if you wanted a new file on PS3) but you can easily still see and access your stats/photos from either version.

I look forward to replicating all my important or favorite photos from last gen (I do this only for Trevor taking selfies... he's 'documenting his efforts as CEO of Trevor Philips Industries). Just a roleplay, flavour sort of thing I do for fun.

Two of the same shots from the same 'story' that I try roleplay for Trevor... I want to do more replicates of the old pics I took.Snapmatic is so slow right now... Must be very high server stress right now from so many folks sharing pics.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For those worried about missing out on the last gen content. The Stock Car races are literally the exact same track every time.

thenexus6

Just got to Franklins house for the first time

- First person is going to take some getting used too
- Not sure if i'm dumb or not but if you hold down X/A while driving you duck down in the car as if to avoid gunfire. Is that new or did I just totally miss that last gen?
- Game is pretty

I thought I saw someone post earlier that single-player saves could be ported from last gen or something? That would be nice.

That's not a thing though, is it?

Acorn

Just got to Franklins house for the first time

- First person is going to take some getting used too
- Not sure if i'm dumb or not but if you hold down X/A while driving you duck down in the car as if to avoid gunfire. Is that new or did I just totally miss that last gen?
- Game is pretty
Holding x is to hide in your car from cops when you're ducking cops in an alley or whatever.

Anyway I'm surprised Rockstar never sneaked in anything about the independence referendum here. I know it's in America just was surprised they didn't lend their comedy to that in a weazel news bit or something since they are based in Edinbrugh

thenexus6

First person driving and shooting is weird. You hold R2 to accelerate, L1 to hold up gun and R1 to fire. Seems like a bit of a clusterf.

I played on 360 originally. When I imported my character to PS4 I got all the online achievements (trophies this time).

I love this game

I played on PS3 and I'm now playing on Xbox One. I unlocked 10 achievements when i transferred my character. Even unlocked the achievement for finishing all stunt jumps. I didn't think that would carry over.

Camisado

I played on PS3 and I'm now playing on Xbox One. I unlocked 10 achievements when i transferred my character. Even unlocked the achievement for finishing all stunt jumps. I didn't think that would carry over.

That raises a question for me, anyone know if it's a separate trophy list on PS4?

I can't think of any games that have shared trophies across PS3 and PS4 but it has happened with PS3/Vita and PS4/Vita so I wouldn't rule it out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Don't bother buying the tow truck business. You don't earn weekly income and the price you pay per tow, well, you could make more money doing ANYTHING else.

Top Bottom