• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

I mean, proper volumetric lightting in addition to screen-space god rays, screen-space AND planar reflections, POM everywhere, fantastic ENB-like depth of field, new object blur in some cases, and a great LOD system really sell the world.

DN8zQZZ.gif

Once I got used to FP mode, I haven't had the urge to change back to "normal view". It is just so damn immersive and fun.

I am having a ton of fun with GTA V again, and I haven't even touched online yet. This game is simply amazing.

The FPV Look Around sensitivity effects the FPV driving steering sensitivity right? Or was I just imagining it felt less sensitive when I turned that down?

Enabled FPV the first second I could, never going back. This game is so amazing in FPV. The driving and shooting are 1,000 better.

Something I'm disappointed by is that I bought the special edition 360 version of the game at launch, which gave a few extra bonuses.. a high calibur handgun, garages for all 3 characters, and extra special ability for each character. I thought that R* said that this content would transition over if you bought the special editions, but I guess it does not. High cal hangun not available, no garages available (purchase only), and no enhanced special ability (which I don't really care about).

Weird.

ymgve

I'm so impressed by the technical improvements they've made here. I had no idea they would be so complete. PC users are in for a treat.

I mean, proper volumetric lightting in addition to screen-space god rays, screen-space AND planar reflections, POM everywhere, fantastic ENB-like depth of field, new object blur in some cases, and a great LOD system really sell the world. The first person view is insanely immersive as well with animations almost on par with Far Cry 3/4 or a good Starbreeze game. I'm genuinely surprised.

Do they use screen-space reflections anywhere? To me it seems like they use more expensive environment mapping techniques everywhere that's not planar reflections. (Though for buildings the mapping is done with the player as origin, which gives some odd behavior when you approach a building window straight on)

Also, I'm slightly disappointed that some textures weren't improved, especially the ones that are really up in your face in FPS mode, like the vending machines:

d4gUfjY.jpg

Moozo

You can use the touchpad on the web browser. Cool.

Was it ever worked out how to effectively play BAWSAQ by the community? I know there was a lot of money dumping when it first launched to see what happened but I didn't really keep up

Jo-El

micro stutters when driving fast, normally through intersections. If you stop and wait, the stutter disappears.

I really hope they can fix that. It makes the game feel pretty bad driving around the city. Surely the PS4 can do better than this and it's just something they can patch.

Acorn

You can use the touchpad on the web browser. Cool.

Was it ever worked out how to effectively play BAWSAQ by the community? I know there was a lot of money dumping when it first launched to see what happened but I didn't really keep up
All the gains and losses are like 0.6 % from what I've seen so far. Not worth it imo

antitrop

I'm so impressed by the technical improvements they've made here. I had no idea they would be so complete. PC users are in for a treat.

I mean, proper volumetric lightting in addition to screen-space god rays, screen-space AND planar reflections, POM everywhere, fantastic ENB-like depth of field, new object blur in some cases, and a great LOD system really sell the world. The first person view is insanely immersive as well with animations almost on par with Far Cry 3/4 or a good Starbreeze game. I'm genuinely surprised.
Fuck yeah, dark10x approved. I also find myself being continually impressed as I explore more of the world.

had a major bug in the
meth lab
mission.

After you spread the jerrycan around, when i left the building there was no world, couldn't see a thing..

MisterM

Loving first person mode. I intend to play the whole game this way but oh man, that "motion sickness" feeling when tumbling. And the vertigo when you're falling from a height. Whoa.

Don't worry, I intend to inflict it on all of you.

v1npao.gif

Playing the first mission where all three characters worked together in FP mode was.....interesting.

Maybe it's just because I'm so used to GTA camera but something feels off about it. It was cool as hell to go down the building and escape with that view. It makes the mission as interesting as the first time but it was still hard to do.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Do they use screen-space reflections anywhere? To me it seems like they use more expensive environment mapping techniques everywhere that's not planar reflections. (Though for buildings the mapping is done with the player as origin, which gives some odd behavior when you approach a building window straight on)

Also, I'm slightly disappointed that some textures weren't improved, especially the ones that are really up in your face in FPS mode, like the vending machines:

d4gUfjY.jpg
Screen space reflections are used for puddles of water on the road (not bodies of water) and various other surfaces.

B3N1

Yesterday I fired up online, everything went fine, maybe I didn't get all the achievements, I don't really care about them yet. Now today I signed in again, and realised all my cars but the Sultan are gone from the garage. What the fuck???

It's my favorite car though.

atzetango

Neo Member
hi, sorry if this was asked and answered allready. i have a problem with my psn download. i bought the game on monday, and it wont download.

the game stops at 18.32gb and even deleting other games and making enough room on my hdd (130gb free) doesnt help. i deleted the download and tried to download fresh, and it stops again at exactly 18.32gb.

did anyone else had this issue?

Raptor

Saw some stream and I think this bad aiming and shoting is being overblown, doesnt look that bad to me.

Maybe I need to feel it to understand though, doesnt look that different from RDR IMO.

What am I looking at?
The rock warps depending on where the camera is :p when the camera is up against it the surface flattens, but as I move the camera outwards again the rock pops out. Look at the white crest on the rock and the shadowed area behind it in the red square.
Not bad I guess, did they add it to any of the wall or ground(as in not a large incline) surfaces? Paralax mapping is always more impressive to me on those.
I have no idea :/ sorry!

Catdaddy

Have they borked the stock market this time around?

I did the first assassination mission for Lester and invested before. Pretty sure I'm supposed to get at least a return percentage of 80%, but it's stopped at 21%. This is even after advancing time.

So they nerfed the returns?

sk3tch

How are the cheats in this game? As fun as GTA III if I just want to get in and relieve some stress and wreak havoc for 15-20 min?

The Argus

I didn't know they added Paralax Mapping, got some examples?!

Those examples aren't the best. I don't have any pics on my phone but take a look at the rocks by Michael's driveway in the front yard. Also take a peek at the freshly mowed grass. There's depth to what used to be flat textures, it's subtle (nothing like what they're doing in The Forest) but really makes things feel real.

Has anyone had their control settings reset? I just went online and my control scheme was back to 'standard', instead of 'standard' fps', and all of my sensitivity settings were reset too. pretty annoying.

Also, I had no idea that you could set independent camera modes for different vehicles . I have it set to first-person on bikes, and third-person in cars/trucks/vans etc. The FoV is just too low in cars for me to enjoy them.

ALL - THis morning I went through the Crew requests and accepted/invited a ton of people. If you applied, and have NOT
gotten in yet, please PM me on the Social Club (BaronVonBeans) or on here, with your details and I will get you in! Sorry for the delay, and confusion!
This is a wacky question but... are you wearing sunglasses?

(and by you, I mean, is Michael wearing sun glasses)
I love this feature now! Blew my mind when I first saw it. Oddly enough, I really dislike it with the helmets on motorcycles...usually makes things way too dark at night. I try to avoid putting one on, but any breif stop and your SP character wil slap one on. Good thing you can set "no helmet" in MP..
With Bawsaq, I don't think there is a "method", you just have to play the stock market. I was doing the offline stocks like a chump for over a month, had very little profit gained. I then spent an hour or so pouring over all the Bawsaq stocks...I found one, dumped everything I had into it at night, and went to bed. I woke up, and it was at 200% ROI. By the time I sold it, it was at about 343% ROI. I made so much money, it was ridiculous.

MADGAME

Where is the Railgun? I don't see it at Ammunation, but the hatchet is there. Does something need to be done to unlock, it is it single-player only, or something else?

How do you change the camera mode for different vehicles? I haven't been able to figure it out.

Go to options and select 'Allow independent camera modes'. The game will then remember your camera preference for each type of vehicle.

So glad I can finally drive this thing, what a beat:

15648490049_f4925baf03_o.jpg

Takuan

How is it that not a single reviewer mentioned the input lag? I can't freeaim worth shit like this. It's just like Killzone 2, which was fucking awful. Hope they fix it.

Isn't that just the deadzone setting? It's been mentioned a few times.
Whatever the fuck it is, it feels like shit and it's not something configurable in the settings.

How is it that not a single reviewer mentioned the input lag? I can't freeaim worth shit like this. It's just like Killzone 2, which was fucking awful. Hope they fix it.

By most accounts, it sounds like it's not input lag, but a large deadzone. Improving your shooting ability in the firing range will improve this, but it is still difficult. That first gang drug war that goes wrong w/ Franklin is hard as hell in FP mode.

Top Bottom