• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Ibuki

Banned
I am stuck right after Casing the Jewel Store. I have an M marker right in front of Michael's house but it dissappears as I approach. I also can't bring up the character wheel. Anyone know how to fix this or progress?

Akuma? You mean Death Rocket?
Maybe I was a little rusty but I died soooo many times during a NGAF race in the subway tunnels last night.
Haha feel lucky those were only stock Sanchezes!! I know of a few custom races (that I need to find) that take place down there...using sport bikes. I believe our very own CatDaFelix made one. THAT...is a true death tunnel race...

Have you bought all the top level mods? Do that. Use the weight transfer, too, to help with road elevation changes to keep the speed up. The Akuma and the Dinka Double T are smokin bikes.....they flyyyyyyy

I have bought most of the performance mods, but there are still a few more I have yet to unlock. Still, though, I'd expect it to do more than 90mph stock...let alone modded.

Acorn

Holy shit parked my car walked into posonbys then heard a bang. Turn around walk out and my and three other cars are flaming husks with a dead cop slumped over the wheel of his car.

Wtf happened lol

I am stuck right after Casing the Jewel Store. I have an M marker right in front of Michael's house but it dissappears as I approach. I also can't bring up the character wheel. Anyone know how to fix this or progress?

Try playing online. When you come back character will reset. Not sure if this will help...

Raven77

Holy shit parked my car walked into posonbys then heard a bang. Turn around walk out and my and three other cars are flaming husks with a dead cop slumped over the wheel of his car.

Wtf happened lol

Dude, post the video of this. It had to have saved it if it was recent enough.

The Argus

Wtf happened lol

I've noticed a lot more random shootouts and wrecked cars. Probably because of the increased traffic density but it's really awesome. I parked Michael's car by his mansion and ran around looking at the textures. I come back to the car flipped over and a dead cyclist.

neoism

Did anyone find that black muscle car for returning players?

yeah I got it right after I did the mission where you steal that big coper for the sub mission I went to the pay n spray right next to T's house and it was marked on the map.. lol I didnt have any money on him so I did a mission with Franklin and put it in his garage and totally tricked it out nice ride...

Man I really would loove like a 20+ car garage in this game..

BETTER YET... WHHHHHY can you make any car you main spawning car WTF rockstar... :/ You now the one I just spent 500K upgrading just to put in a garage so if it gets destroyed its not gone.. :/

Man I really would loove like a 20+ car garage in this game..

BETTER YET... WHHHHHY can you make any car you main spawning car WTF rockstar... :/ You now the one I just spent 500K upgrading just to put in a garage so if it gets destroyed its not gone.. :/
The way vehicles are handled in Online completely destroys the paltry system in place for SP. Yea sure, you can mod the character's own vehicles...but dammit I want permanent Comets for all. Or at LEAST allow the garages to have insurance added to cars,l so you can retireve them once they blow up :(

As for the 20 car garages...buy two ten cars car holes online! I have one attached to an apartment, and the other is just a 10 car garage by itself to save money. It works...for now...

p3tran

Banned
first person perspective, and especially the way its done here, it really gives a "new perspective" to the game.
seeing the guns held in the proper way when not fired, the bob of the head, body posture affecting view etc, the entire thing feels fresh.
they have to tweak a bit more the controls for fpp though, I had to take that slider really low, and still not satisfied (not playing with any auto aim assist).

now, a) can somebody point me to a guide on how to make monies (lots) easily?
b) I think of re-playing the game from zero, no 360 import no nothing. is that a very bad idea?

Don't bother buying the tow truck business. You don't earn weekly income and the price you pay per tow, well, you could make more money doing ANYTHING else.

The whole Tonya ark seems like a waste of time to me. Not sure why they put it into the game. It's weak compared to the other stranger missions.

now, a) can somebody point me to a guide on how to make monies (lots) easily?
b) I think of re-playing the game from zero, no 360 import no nothing. is that a very bad idea?
If you are talking about online, then the best thing is to get a group of friends, all join the same job, and bounce from one job to the next for hours. You will make good money, get to play a lot of the events, and have a blast all the while. Parachuting can be very lucrative, as can certain races. Take turns eith your friends coming in first place, to evenly spread the money around.

As far as not importing goes...I would flip my shit if I had to start over. I see it as you worked your ass off originally, time to show all that hotness off to the new bloods. Let your pimp shine on!
Don't bother buying the tow truck business. You don't earn weekly income and the price you pay per tow, well, you could make more money doing ANYTHING else.
I believe owning the Tow business though unlocks a few other things, business wise. Not 100%. If you have the money to blow, though, why not!

Nafai1123

Banned

Wtf happened lol

Something similar happened to me. I was on Vinewood Blvd taking a picture on the sidewalk when I hear a loud explosion to my right, then another one closer to me....then I'm dead.

I blame the terrorists.

No one else having the Franklin mission glitch?

If you're talking about the Tanya Strangers and Freaks or the Complications mission I've seen people talking about it on the Rockstar Support site.

I seem to have ran into a bug where the Merryweather heist mission won't trigger. So I'm stuck with absolutely nothing to do and I can't prepare for the heist cause it won't trigger the sub mission to get the minisub.

How do you dive in 1st person mode? R1 does not work to me, while it works fine in 3rd person. :/
I believe that is one of the key differences in views...similar to how in FP mode you are always running, and have to "half stick" it to walk. Since you can look down while swimming, I think the dive option is gone :( It was a great way to quickly go under.

todahawk

Haha feel lucky those were only stock Sanchezes!! I know of a few custom races (that I need to find) that take place down there...using sport bikes. I believe our very own CatDaFelix made one. THAT...is a true death tunnel race...

Thanks for the reminder, I need to get my modded Akuma out and practice!

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I am having a little too much fun driving around giving everyone the finger. Is there any way to give people the finger when on foot?

The bicycle is my favourite.

17ylEj1.gif

Erban1

If it's the mission with Tanya: reload your game, switch to Michael (there should be a green "?" On the map), switch back to Franklin. Hopefully you're somewhere other than his house, you should get some tutorial prompts, including one about strangers and freaks, drive back home and once you get close to Tanya the mission should trigger.

How do I change it so holding down L1 just fires weapon from a car?
Go to the control options, and near the bottom I think it's listed as "alternate drive by controls" or some jazz. It makes it much better, imo, especially when you are trying to launch stickies on to the legion of cop cars surrounding you.
that's....terrifying.
It's incredible! THe course isn't as twisty, but it's WAY faster (duh). I need to go through all my bookmarked jobs, I know I have some things in there that are just GOLD.
I missed this, what's the glitch? In the PS3 version, I beat the game and did TONS of everything, but Tanya's last mission never showed up. It took roughly 20-30 hours to spawn. It was maddening, her missions were some of the last one I did before I platinum'd the game. Eventually, the B called me when I came back from an online session. The SP to MP to SP switch seemed to advance time in the game, for last gen and this gen too (from what I am reading).

Anyone successful transfer their special/collectors edition content in story mode?

Nah. not here. I posted about it earlier in this thread too... Seems like they botched that. All of the garages are pay only, and none of the special edition weapons (like the hgih calibur pistol) are available). Bummer.

thenexus6

I noticed during phone calls the audio comes through the TV very slightly as well as the DS4 speaker.. Its a little distracting is there anyway to disable it coming through the TV and just keep the speaker?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Holy shit, last night I stole a random car and a talk station was playing in it. And I immediately recognized the voice as JB Smoove.

I had no idea he did a voiceover for the game. I never listened to the talk stations in the PS3 version. Having said that, I love the additions to the soundtrack. I find myself mostly listening to rap.

todahawk

yes, it is. Will it install faster once done?

Once you actually finish the download you're pretty much done. Might be a quick loading screen but I bought at launch and PSN was very very slow so my 'install' took a long time.

If your download speeds are ok once that's done you don't have much else to worry about.

Top Bottom