• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Just traded last-gen and a couple others for it. I was going to wait, but I couldn't pass that deal up.

Still, with Dragon Age, Escape from Dead Island, AC: Unity, Sleeping Dogs: DE, The Evil Within (on the fence about this one) and Far Cry 4 to finish, I may wait a little while.

That, and my One is almost out of HDD space.

Moozo

I've hit a glitch with the Life Invader stocks after you
blow up the keynote
. I invested my free 500k with Franklin and the stocks still say they're plummeting, which they are - down to 3 dollars now - but selling my bought shares MAKES me money when I should be losing. I've now got $135m and it about trebles every time I save, buy, save, sell.

From Twitter
B22rbmvIcAEa9Xo.jpg:large

what button to you press to dive? (PS4) and where to I buy scuba gear?

I fear the water it seems

I am playing mostly online solo/private

the story mode has so much more detail but I like online right now

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The deadzone is bad, but the acceleration is the worst offender.

I would like the following:

• deadzone slider
  • acceleration slider
  • auto-center camera toggle
  • standard FPS controls for third person view as well.

This would make the game so much better.

Honorable mentions:

FOV slider for inside the car
Toggle R1 option for drive-by shooting. Why do I have to hold the fucking button? Absolutely zero thought into some of this stuff.

dreamfall

Honorable mentions:

Toggle R1 option for drive-by shooting. Why do I have to hold the fucking button? Absolutely zero thought into some of this stuff.

That was one of the first things I switched in the control settings. Drive-by mapped to L1, just like the last gen layout.

Honestly, I spent a good 30ish minutes tweaking the control sensitivities. It feels way different on a DS4, in a good way- but it took some major readjustment for my free-aim.

Moozo

Ok, I've hit the $2.1 Billion cap and I haven't even done a heist yet. The glitch kept on going and now I've hit the cash limit. I've now got about 50 million Life Invader shares left that I can't sell.

Edit just to say I've done this by accident, or at least discovered it by accident. Don't know if this is a known thing and I haven't followed any guides but I told my friend how I did it and he's managed to recreate it too, so it seems to be an actual issue and not just a one off.

Ok, I've hit the $2.1 Billion cap and I haven't even done a heist yet. The glitch kept on going and now I've hit the cash limit. I've now got about 50 million Life Invader shares left that I can't sell.

lol that is so strange

would love to have that much online

if you have details on how you did it please share would love to buy everything in story mode

Hip Hop

Edit just to say I've done this by accident, or at least discovered it by accident. Don't know if this is a known thing and I haven't followed any guides but I told my friend how I did it and he's managed to recreate it too, so it seems to be an actual issue and not just a one off.

How did you do this? lol

Just checked again, no slip. Never played online when I had it briefly on the 360, am I going to be screwed starting without that money or is it easy to build up some cash in the game?

In Single Player, it's pretty easy to make money, like the post above. Online is a different story though if there aren't any "glitches" around. That $500k comes in handy very much there.

av2k

Could you pm me on how to do this please? :D

Dranakin

If you're talking about the Tanya Strangers and Freaks or the Complications mission I've seen people talking about it on the Rockstar Support site.

I seem to have ran into a bug where the Merryweather heist mission won't trigger. So I'm stuck with absolutely nothing to do and I can't prepare for the heist cause it won't trigger the sub mission to get the minisub.

Yeah, that seems to be the one (I didn't know what the missions I'm missing were called). So, since I can't start any missions, I guess I'll just play online until it's patched? I don't want to start over because of the preorder bonus.

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
This is the first time I've played this game. I had such a glorious time last night taking the Gondola up the mountain then stealing a dirt bike, riding around the mountains paths, down a ravine, along the base of the mountain and then back up it. After, I took the longest motorcycle jump in the history of the world. The crash flung me into a river. Absolute escapism.

The deadzone is bad, but the acceleration is the worst offender.

I would like the following:

• [*]deadzone slider
    [*]acceleration slider
    [*]auto-center camera toggle
  • standard FPS controls for third person view as well.

This would make the game so much better.

Honorable mentions:

These things would make FP mode perfect for me.

What are must have for people who want to enjoy online play?

Maxed out my sports car of choice: 9F
Going to buy and max out an Adder soon
Going to buy a Buzzard
Going to max out my Exemplar unless someone can tell me a better 4 door car I should consider
Going to upgrade my current 10 car apartment to a better 10 car apartment

Anything else I need to consider? I hate having cars for the sake of having them so I'm not buying muscle cars and other cars in other classes

Yeah, if you could give details on how to do this either in a reply or PM, I'd really appreciate it.

I've hit a glitch with the Life Invader stocks after you
blow up the keynote
. I invested my free 500k with Franklin and the stocks still say they're plummeting, which they are - down to 3 dollars now - but selling my bought shares MAKES me money when I should be losing. I've now got $135m and it about trebles every time I save, buy, save, sell.

so what you did was sell when it was still falling?

kaskade

Do you guys constantly play in first person? I feel like I enjoy just messing around in it but if I'm doing story stuff I think the third person works better. But I might just need to spend more time and get used to it.

N° 2048

Do you guys constantly play in first person? I feel like I enjoy just messing around in it but if I'm doing story stuff I think the third person works better. But I might just need to spend more time and get used to it.

100% First person for the PS4 :)

Moozo

Ok, the glitch is confirmed working with Michael too. And you DON'T need to save, you can just buy, sell, buy, sell and watch it go up. Also working for a friend. I will post it here if that's allowed? Only a rough guide as I did it by accident really.

Nafai1123

Banned

First person all the time except in cover and the occasional vehicle when I want to admire the view.

DukeBobby

First person for everything except cover.

Well, that was fun. Lost an evening of progress. Game couldn't save anymore, probably due to a lost connection earlier. Time to replay some missions tomorrow :(

Erban1

Yeah, that seems to be the one (I didn't know what the missions I'm missing were called). So, since I can't start any missions, I guess I'll just play online until it's patched? I don't want to start over because of the preorder bonus.
Look back a page or two...I had the same issue and managed to get the mission to start

Moozo

Right, here's a guide. As I say I've no idea if this will work but you can try it.

After the Life Invader keynote mission and the shares plummet, I went straight to Franklin and invested my 500k. This is BEFORE Lester emails and tells you to. Right after the mission.
At this point, the shares should still be falling for the next week or so, but head to Franklin's house and save your game.

Wake up, and the shares should still be falling. They start off at around $27 dollars right after the keynote IIRC but after they will start falling through $16, $10 and on mine they've fallen as low as $3 after a week. In my experience the value doesn't matter, sell them anyway.

Go to your portfolio, click Life Invader, press sell and then sell all. This will take you to a confirmation screen, which in my experience now shows that you're making a profit. Sell them, save the game. Wake up, buy, save. Sell, save. Etc. The profit should be rising at a ridiculous rate each time. Over 10x, I think, but I wasn't really counting.

You will hit a point, after about 10 times of this, where you can't sell your shares and the Sell All button won't work because you've hit the cap. In this instance you can sell a substantial amount, after which the sell all button will work one final time, leaving you with around 2.1bn. After that you'll be stuck with about 54 million shares which you can't get rid of.

Now, after this I discovered this also works with Michael and WITHOUT saving. You can just buy, sell, buy, sell, right after one another, and watch it tick up, without having to save. I started with 8 grand on Michael, did it three times and was at 500K. I stopped there because I don't really want to make the whole moneymaking schemes of the game pointless. (Worth noting I also invested with Michael right after the LI mission too. Don't know if this would work if you hadn't.)

That's a really rough guide I know but as I say I really only stumbled across it and wasn't paying that much attention to what I was doing. I think the key is investing right after the keynote. My friend also recreated this on both characters with those instructions. Neither of us have done any of the heists or assassinations or have Trevor available yet, so this is kind of game breaking that early on.

EdgeTurn

Sorry if this has been asked in the thread before, but is anyone else having the game stop loading story mode when it hits 90%? I'm playing a digital copy on PS4. I've already tried deleting saved games in case they were corrupted, as well as saves that had identical completion numbers, which were potential solutions I read about.

From my google research, this was a common problem on the previous gen versions, so I'm a little surprised to see it still happen on PS4 :(
Anyone know what's up? Thanks!

I really wish I could experience this game with the Occulus Rift. It just seems like that is the ultimate way to really take in the detail in this world.

16BitNova

Hey guys here is a fun little activity I remember doing on last gen GTA:O. Get a group of friends together. Everyone get bicycles and parachutes, (we also all changed into athletic apparel) start somewhere downtown, and just ride together to the country then up the highest mountain. On a bicycle, taking your time you really get to take everything in. I remember when I did this we started at night. And as we started getting up the mountain it was turning morning and the sun was coming up. It was beautiful. If one of us fell we would wait for each other to make sure we all reach the top together. Once we reached the top, we took in the sights for a bit, then rode our bikes off a cliff, jumped off, and parachuted. Simple fun, yet one of my most memorable experiences with GTA Online.

Top Bottom