• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V NG |OT| You forget a thousand things every day, make sure Chicago is one of 'em

Furyous

Right, here's a guide. As I say I've no idea if this will work but you can try it.

After the Life Invader keynote mission and the shares plummet, I went straight to Franklin and invested my 500k. This is BEFORE Lester emails and tells you to. Right after the mission.
At this point, the shares should still be falling for the next week or so, but head to Franklin's house and save your game.

Wake up, and the shares should still be falling. They start off at around $27 dollars right after the keynote IIRC but after they will start falling through $16, $10 and on mine they've fallen as low as $3 after a week. In my experience the value doesn't matter, sell them anyway.

Go to your portfolio, click Life Invader, press sell and then sell all. This will take you to a confirmation screen, which in my experience now shows that you're making a profit. Sell them, save the game. Wake up, buy, save. Sell, save. Etc. The profit should be rising at a ridiculous rate each time. Over 10x, I think, but I wasn't really counting.

You will hit a point, after about 10 times of this, where you can't sell your shares and the Sell All button won't work because you've hit the cap. In this instance you can sell a substantial amount, after which the sell all button will work one final time, leaving you with around 2.1bn. After that you'll be stuck with about 54 million shares which you can't get rid of.

Now, after this I discovered this also works with Michael and WITHOUT saving. You can just buy, sell, buy, sell, right after one another, and watch it tick up, without having to save. I started with 8 grand on Michael, did it three times and was at 500K. I stopped there because I don't really want to make the whole moneymaking schemes of the game pointless. (Worth noting I also invested with Michael right after the LI mission too. Don't know if this would work if you hadn't.)

That's a really rough guide I know but as I say I really only stumbled across it and wasn't paying that much attention to what I was doing. I think the key is investing right after the keynote. My friend also recreated this on both characters with those instructions. Neither of us have done any of the heists or assassinations or have Trevor available yet, so this is kind of game breaking that early on.

Is it too late to this with after Trevor arrives in Los Santos?

Right, here's a guide. As I say I've no idea if this will work but you can try it.

After the Life Invader keynote mission and the shares plummet, I went straight to Franklin and invested my 500k. This is BEFORE Lester emails and tells you to. Right after the mission.
At this point, the shares should still be falling for the next week or so, but head to Franklin's house and save your game.

Wake up, and the shares should still be falling. They start off at around $27 dollars right after the keynote IIRC but after they will start falling through $16, $10 and on mine they've fallen as low as $3 after a week. In my experience the value doesn't matter, sell them anyway.

Go to your portfolio, click Life Invader, press sell and then sell all. This will take you to a confirmation screen, which in my experience now shows that you're making a profit. Sell them, save the game. Wake up, buy, save. Sell, save. Etc. The profit should be rising at a ridiculous rate each time. Over 10x, I think, but I wasn't really counting.

You will hit a point, after about 10 times of this, where you can't sell your shares and the Sell All button won't work because you've hit the cap. In this instance you can sell a substantial amount, after which the sell all button will work one final time, leaving you with around 2.1bn. After that you'll be stuck with about 54 million shares which you can't get rid of.

Now, after this I discovered this also works with Michael and WITHOUT saving. You can just buy, sell, buy, sell, right after one another, and watch it tick up, without having to save. I started with 8 grand on Michael, did it three times and was at 500K. I stopped there because I don't really want to make the whole moneymaking schemes of the game pointless. (Worth noting I also invested with Michael right after the LI mission too. Don't know if this would work if you hadn't.)

That's a really rough guide I know but as I say I really only stumbled across it and wasn't paying that much attention to what I was doing. I think the key is investing right after the keynote. My friend also recreated this on both characters with those instructions. Neither of us have done any of the heists or assassinations or have Trevor available yet, so this is kind of game breaking that early on.

thanks

not sure how many hours it will take to get to this point since I have been fooling around and exploring

Wilbur

Banned
Just had my first two peyotes.

First one I'm a pigeon and I immediately fly into the ground and die.

Second one I'm a warthog and I get shot immediately and die.

Fuck.

I really want to fly.

regarding the oft mentioned "deadzone"

In fps (not iron sights)
destiny and alien isolation have similar sized stick deadzones
especially if gta5 aiming sensitivity slider is set near or at maximum

however the curve setting speed of moving the dot is different in Gta5, its initial motion seems a bit too slow to be useful even at full sensitivity.

Also the aining dot when not using iron sights can get lost way too easily in the graphics. Destiny uses a glowing red dot. A white pixel in gta5 is ridiculous.

what is unclear to me is whether increasing gun skill for a character changes anything without auto aim set.

Dranakin

If it's the mission with Tanya: reload your game, switch to Michael (there should be a green "?" On the map), switch back to Franklin. Hopefully you're somewhere other than his house, you should get some tutorial prompts, including one about strangers and freaks, drive back home and once you get close to Tanya the mission should trigger.

Saw your suggestion, but this doesn't work because once I switch from Michael to Franklin, it glitches. I can't switch away from Franklin (holding down just draws the map out), he "locks" if he goes home, and approaching Beverly doesn't start a mission.

deoee

How did you even get 500k with Franklin to spend? :D
I did the Keynote mission with Michael and have around 10k on him and about 2k on Franklin at this point :/

Woorloog

Banned
My brother got PS4 and it came with GTA V (bundle). (My brother isn't really interested in this, he originally meant to get a Far Cry 4 bundle as we have GTA V on 360 but the shop didn't have any more FC4 so he went with GTA V. Same price on both, 400€. Not that he would have been interested in FC4 either, but the deal was good here. He got the console for Dragon Age Inquisition really.)

The game's both great looking, yet at the same time it doesn't look that much better than the 360 version. A lot more small detail, yes, but overall it isn't a large improvement. We are limited to 720p (old TV, easily some 8+ years old), perhaps it would look better with 1080p? Though i don't find resolution to be that important when it comes how a game looks.

Anyway. 1st person view. Cool, immersive, though a tad awkward at times. Driving's difficult, though i blame poor visibility for that on most cars (also lack of functional rear-mirror and side-mirrors).

Unfortunately this seems to be one of those rare games where the first-person view gives me motion sickness. I do have FOV set to widest, perhaps i need to disable head bob.

Didn't find any way to sign-in for Rockstar Club though, does signing in to that require PS+? EDIT Oh, wait, i need to do that via Rockstar Social Club page? Duh...

Im hanging out with micheal as trevor, we are on top of a mountain and now micheal has stopped moving entirely. Tried to snap him out of it but nothing will do. Any ideas? I need to get him some place with my helicopter...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I GOT PACKIE
X0iki.gif

Doesn't look like it works if you leave it too late. That sucks.

Lost 500k by trying to do challenges. Oh well. Bought my new home. I can afford an Adder but I will hold off until shark costs are 50%.

Still need to get a Buzzard as well but right now online is a bit buggy so I feel like it will get better lately

Cj01

is there anyway to get vehicles to store in your garage other than buying them? I tried to drive this car into my garage and said I couldnt because it was stolen

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Really impressed with the opening hours of the game. Expertly paced.

Vidpixel

What control scheme is everyone using? Mapping sprint to R1 was a revelation for me (Standard FPS 2 controls).

I'm using the exact same layout as you haha. I also switched the in-car shooting to back to L1 like in the original release, as aiming with L1 and shooting with R1 while driving was way too cumbersome for me. I'm pretty happy with how my game controls now.

Moozo

The money glitch still works when you get Trevor, only this time you do it with Vangelico. This one only doubles your money though.

legacyzero

Banned
Man I am SOOO fucking glad I waited to play this game until it came out on new gen hardware.

This game is fucking AMAZING. And I LOVE the dialogue. I havn't blushed like this in a while hahaha.

Labrys

Welp, slight change of plans, I'll be getting my PS4 in 7ish days (got a bargain) and I picked this up today at Target for $30. I can't wait.

sounds like what was happening to both my Liveinvader and Vangelico...

it went up like 500% in between missions after I reloaded. It said it went up 120% but when I only invested 1 million and when I sold the shares just 1 time I got 6 million!

It was something to do with resetting the game making the stock go up. It happened after Dead Man Walking. It's weird because after I beat Three's Company, the stock crashed again....

I wonder if it's a bug like...

-Liveinvader crashes after story.
-Buy the stock, save, reset the game.
-When you reset the game, Lifeinvader forgets that it crashed and it reverts to original price
-But then when you complete another mission, it crashes again because it remembers that it crashed in the story.

Something like that could explain why it's going up during free roam after reloading, but crashing after story missions..

Vangelico is behaving similarly, too.

I'm not entirely sure yet but I do know for sure I made 600% profit in 1 time and my Franklin has 7 million now after Dead Man Walking lol

Darknight

Ok Im gonna ask for the millionth time. (might of been answered, sorry!)

Im gonna do the "returning players" things (yes I bought the game but havent had the time to play it) so Im gonna get someone to lend me their digital copy so I can DL it, PS3 copy that is.

So all I have to do is play a new game, beat prologue, maybe beat the 2nd mission or log atleast 10 minutes of game time. Maybe log into GTAO and do the tutorial. Then quit and boot PS4 copy do the same thing, log in and I should be rewarded?? I read somewhere online you need to have the PS3 save file handy or some shit? This true? Alright guys I swear I will stop asking the same dumb shit. Im anal about stuff, what can I do?

Does life invader's stock price ever exceed the $189? In other words, what's a good price to sell my shares?
Any time you make over 50% is a good time, over 100% then sell sell sell

Look at % change BTW not Price because the prices can be different in every new game. For example my LIF went from about $15 to $3 back to $12 then back to $5... where as yours is $189.

Every new game has random stock prices and all the non-story stocks are also random.

Every game has 5 random good and bad stocks... like when you start a new game, one will always be +50% and another -80%.... and then two or three -40%, a bunch -20%... and those will always go up 100% in value or so over the course of the entire game.

The exact % vary but the same trend happens every game. And the price per stock is different but there's always 1 very bad stock that goes up all game to double in value, always 2-3 medium back stocks that go up like 1.5x value, etc.

And the Assassination and Heist stocks typically also act the same way.

But again, the non-story stocks and price points are random. It's just the % trends which always happen.

(at least that's how it used to work and seems to be working again... though there could be slight changes like how the ASSN payout changed and obviously Heist stocks are acting differently, or are bugged, now)

Moozo

sounds like what was happening to both my Liveinvader and Vangelico...

it went up like 500% in between missions after I reloaded. It said it went up 120% but when I only invested 1 million and when I sold the shares just 1 time I got 6 million!

It was something to do with resetting the game making the stock go up. It happened after Dead Man Walking. It's weird because after I beat Three's Company, the stock crashed again....

I wonder if it's a bug like...

-Liveinvader crashes after story.
-Buy the stock, save, reset the game.
-When you reset the game, Lifeinvader forgets that it crashed and it reverts to original price
-But then when you complete another mission, it crashes again because it remembers that it crashed in the story.

Something like that could explain why it's going up during free roam after reloading, but crashing after story missions..

Vangelico is behaving similarly, too.

I'm not entirely sure yet but I do know for sure I made 600% profit in 1 time and my Franklin has 7 million now after Dead Man Walking lol

I never reset the game though, this was all in one session. Maybe it won't work when I next boot it up. Who knows.

And also there wasn't a theoretical reason why I was making money. I should have been losing it. The numbers didn't add up.

Skenzin

Banned
Having a hard time navigating online. Seems really overthought and awkward. Sorry if that's a retread complaint from last gen. Rally wish there was an easy way to just play some deathmatch. It seems. It doesn't work or nobody is playing on the ps4. Going via cell phone/quick jobs seems empty.

I never reset the game though, this was all in one session. Maybe it won't work when I next boot it up. Who knows.

And also there wasn't a theoretical reason why I was making money. I should have been losing it. The numbers didn't add up.

is the mission done by micheal how soon did you switch over to franklin to buy stocks?

you brought LifeInvader not pure alpha? o_O

Having a hard time navigating online. Seems really overthought and awkward. Sorry if that's a retread complaint from last gen. Rally wish there was an easy way to just play some deathmatch. It seems. It doesn't work or nobody is playing on the ps4. Going via cell phone/quick jobs seems empty.

yup, not feeling it either. I came for the SP anyway.

Top Bottom