• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V PC |OT| Benny Hill Sped Up Fake Gamey Edition

I'm getting on in a minute. Also use Licecap to make a simple gif of anything on your screen.

I'm at work and won't be off for 5 hours or so. But after 6 pm PST, I'll be down. Think up some ideas for shit for us to do. I have a couple. The hydra/zatorno race in the aqueducts was bad ass, I wanna do more like that. You can fly the Hydra this time.

daninthemix

I'd really like some fucking clarity on which new content is only available to returning players.

For instance, I thought the Wildlife Photography Challenge was for everyone, but my Franklin doesn't have the LS Tourist Board in his phone. But the photography challenge is there in my Rockstar Social Club career checklist.

What content do I own, exactly, Rockstar???

I'd really like some fucking clarity on which new content is only available to returning players.

For instance, I thought the Wildlife Photography Challenge was for everyone, but my Franklin doesn't have the LS Tourist Board in his phone. But the photography challenge is there in my Rockstar Social Club career checklist.

What content do I own, exactly, Rockstar???

Have you done any of Beverly's missions yet?

Welcome cyress8 to the crew. Time to get jumped-in fool.

Pole_352a22_1197367.gif

;P

How do you check to see which of your friends are on-line via the Social Club Website? I can't seem to find it and I'm pretty sure it's an option to view and it's bugging me.

Valkrai

No I don't. I know this because not long ago I visited there with all 3 characters and bought everything.

All of that that you've mentioned is exclusive content for people that played GTA V on 360/PS3. The same reason you weren't able to play the stock car races.

daninthemix

All of that that you've mentioned is exclusive content for people that played GTA V on 360/PS3. The same reason you weren't able to play the stock car races.

OK, good to know. Shame Rockstar career checklist doesn't reflect the content available to you :eek:/

I'm assuming there is a GAF clan, right? Add me, please: Dakula.

Besides that, I'm getting random crashes, and they all say "you have been logged out because your account is logged in somewhere else". Which I have no idea what to do about. It happens perhaps once a day, and usually while I'm in a mission or heist. I don't want to be docked for bad behaviour just because the game keeps crashing.

I'm having a blast when the game does work, though. I haven't gone back to the single player campaign for like a week, which is so unlike the norm for me.

I'm assuming there is a GAF clan, right? Add me, please: Dakula.

Besides that, I'm getting random crashes, and they all say "you have been logged out because your account is logged in somewhere else". Which I have no idea what to do about. It happens perhaps once a day, and usually while I'm in a mission or heist. I don't want to be docked for bad behaviour just because the game keeps crashing.

I'm having a blast when the game does work, though. I haven't gone back to the single player campaign for like a week, which is so unlike the norm for me.

Add yourself and and I'll approve. Info in OP.

Depression is a physical attribute in GTA V's character creator, that's kinda dumb.

I'm playing now if any Europeans want to add me RSSC name = Visualante, level 10, going to do some Lester work for an hour or two.

Q8D3vil

Cant seem to be able to play more than 40 minutes without the game crashing on me.
It was working much better before the damn patchs.

Added you, Krappa. I want to join in and do some crazy stuff.

For sure bub, I guarantee you'll never have a more fun time playing GTA Online. Though I only play the open world and the open world missions so if your hurtin' for money and don't want to see hilarious deaths every few minutes, you may want to grind out a few heists like I did. Otherwise, I look forward to playing with you tonight!

Cant seem to be able to play more than 40 minutes without the game crashing on me.
It was working much better before the damn patchs.

Honestly brother, I don't think the patches made a lick of difference when it comes to staying online consistently. Before patches I'd have to connect a few times before I'd actually get into a lobby, and after then it's a crap-shoot, you might be able to play for 3 hours, or 20 mins'. And it's been the same experience after all the patches too. That's why you gotta just live in the moment in GTA Online. Whenever an idea pops into your head, such as I dunno, rob gas stations as a three man team, 2 in the super sports car, one in the hydra keeping the sky's clear, you just go and do it, I've noticed people who complain about the lack of content or the constant loading screens(which there are plenty), don't have much of an imagination, or at least in regards to the open world. There is sooooooo much to do.

ToD_

Cheaters are becoming a problem. I've reported several already, submitting evidence to Rockstar's cheater report email.

Speed hacks, invulnerability, flying cars, explosive weapons, flashing cars, money drops, etc.

Make sure you report and submit evidence to gtaonlinebanhammer@rockstargames.com

Thanks for sharing the email address. I played Online yesterday, and there were cheaters in two out of three free roam games I was in. They were able to teleport, use explosive bullets, outrun cars on foot, and one of the two had invulnerability enabled.

Considering I had not played online much and this happened in the majority of games I played, I figured this must be a widespread problem. Based on the reactions it doesn't seem that common, however.

The skin selection trainer is cool. Let's you use various accessories and otherwise unobtainable stuff, like Trevor's TPI shirt, and his prologue hair and moustache, along with his gloves.

rYtb.png

tYtb.png

sYtb.png

Hey GAF, what's the best driver to connect a Dualshock 4 with bluetooth to my PC?

Driving with keyboard, not nice.

I know most of you won't believe me, but many here can attest to this. Driving with the kb+m is more accurate, I don't even mean shooting. Driving itself IS more accurate, maybe not as comfortable, but I know I can easily be going top speed in my Kuruma and weave in and out of traffic in the opposite lane while also doing headshots on oncoming traffic for the added challenge of weaving between even more shit. I know that's not something some may want to hear, but it's the truth. The only time I ever pick up my controller(which is awesome that you can use both at the same time) is when I am using a plane/chopper. That's it.

I'd suggest those on the fence, stick with it, it'll feel more natural after a while, and you won't want to use your controller.

The skin selection trainer is cool. Let's you use various accessories and otherwise unobtainable stuff, like Trevor's TPI shirt, and his prologue hair and moustache, along with his gloves.

rYtb.png

tYtb.png

sYtb.png

Awesome pics. Yeah, I liked the Franklin one I found which had a gimp mask and a scuba tank. I shoulda taken a picture.

The main thing I miss is the analog triggers for gas.

I feel ya, but to be honest, I feel the trade-off is worth the precision. Nothing like you and your buddy traveling backwards down the highway shooting cop tires out in front of you and swerving around all the traffic at full speed, it's amazing. I'll get some .GIF's going later that'll better explain what I mean.

tariniel

sat in trevor's truck watching a thunderstorm in the desert, it reminded me of red dead ;_:. but man V feels like a living breathing game world like no other.

That thunderstorm is beautiful. Does it occur often/more than once? It happened when I had the mission with Trevor to drive to Los Santos and I assumed it was scripted.

Another beautiful moment is when Michael is tripping on drugs and is skydiving into a red Los Santos... it looked so amazing. I want to do it again.

Q8D3vil

Honestly brother, I don't think the patches made a lick of difference when it comes to staying online consistently. Before patches I'd have to connect a few times before I'd actually get into a lobby, and after then it's a crap-shoot, you might be able to play for 3 hours, or 20 mins'. And it's been the same experience after all the patches too. That's why you gotta just live in the moment in GTA Online. Whenever an idea pops into your head, such as I dunno, rob gas stations as a three man team, 2 in the super sports car, one in the hydra keeping the sky's clear, you just go and do it, I've noticed people who complain about the lack of content or the constant loading screens(which there are plenty), don't have much of an imagination, or at least in regards to the open world. There is sooooooo much to do.
the crashes are in the sp mode :/
even tried playing the game online and it made no difference.
Cant try to lower driver because im using titan x.

Deathmatch, 20 minutes, first person locked

Ewwwwwwwwww. Even with KBAM, not a huge fan of First person in this game, other than for flying vehicles with weapons.

I wish some of the non-DM/TDM adversarial modes were more interesting. As it is most of them feel half-baked and don't really do a great job of fostering "open world" gameplay very well.

I miss Cops and Crooks :(

Haven't played deathmatch on PC yet, do they still have that shitty colour filter when you die or kill enough times and people abusing Lester's radar perks?

Philtastic

I know most of you won't believe me, but many here can attest to this. Driving with the kb+m is more accurate, I don't even mean shooting. Driving itself IS more accurate, maybe not as comfortable, but I know I can easily be going top speed in my Kuruma and weave in and out of traffic in the opposite lane while also doing headshots on oncoming traffic for the added challenge of weaving between even more shit. I know that's not something some may want to hear, but it's the truth. The only time I ever pick up my controller(which is awesome that you can use both at the same time) is when I am using a plane/chopper. That's it.

I'd suggest those on the fence, stick with it, it'll feel more natural after a while, and you won't want to use your controller.

I completely agree with this. I tried my Dualshock 4 and it was much more difficult to do small direction modifications with an analog stick in comparison to very quickly tapping a direction on keyboard, let alone shoot while driving.

n0razi

agree with that... shooting out tires while driving is ridiculous... i have fingers on all 4 shoulder buttons

it reminds me of playing monster hunter on the psp

Seconded. After playing on both console generation versions, and using the controller on PC, I vastly prefer KBAM for driving. The precision you get is well worth the loss of any analog "smoothness".

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I haven an insurgent, but I can't call in a Hydra and Insurgent at the same time unfortunately, we'll need to find another Gaf Crew that has one to tag along.

Which is also an open invitation to anyone on GAF and in the Crew. Here is the link to my profile. Add me and give me your GAF and RSCC name in a message please so I know it's not just random.

IIRC, if someone else gets in your Pegasus vehicle, you'll be able to call for another one since it was stolen. I'm not 100% sure, though, but I recall doing it last night when we were playing.

That thunderstorm is beautiful. Does it occur often/more than once? It happened when I had the mission with Trevor to drive to Los Santos and I assumed it was scripted.

Another beautiful moment is when Michael is tripping on drugs and is skydiving into a red Los Santos... it looked so amazing. I want to do it again.

Not sure how you feel about installing trainers, but there's one available that lets you change weather on the fly (even to thunderstorms) in-game. It doesn't affect online, it's sp only so you might wanna give it a whirl if you wanna enjoy some nice thunderstorms on demand :)

http://gtaforums.com/topic/788343-vrel-script-hook-v/

Playing around with the skin customization some more. You can get fairly close to that steelbook look for Michael, with the gloves and mask (the jewel store suit just doesn't look right, mainly because the tie isn't done up properly). Shame you need mods, it looks very much Heat-like, and would've fit perfectly.

gtav-collector11.jpg

IYtb.png

HYtb.png

Also you can add a facial hair underlay, so the beard options don't look nearly as bad.

JYtb.png

the crashes are in the sp mode :/
even tried playing the game online and it made no difference.
Cant try to lower driver because im using titan x.
Probably not much you can do aside from the normal fixes. The game itself is a massive undertaking, though I can't see as to why your having issues with a Titan X? My 780 has been playing pretty well at 1080p/60 and I couldn't be happier.
I completely agree with this. I tried my Dualshock 4 and it was much more difficult to do small direction modifications with an analog stick in comparison to very quickly tapping a direction on keyboard, let alone shoot while driving.

Seconded. After playing on both console generation versions, and using the controller on PC, I vastly prefer KBAM for driving. The precision you get is well worth the loss of any analog "smoothness".

You guys get it.

tumblr_m7ke97y7tD1qmcbym.gif

IIRC, if someone else gets in your Pegasus vehicle, you'll be able to call for another one since it was stolen. I'm not 100% sure, though, but I recall doing it last night when we were playing.

Then we shall try this tonight homie.

Hip Hop

Have people in the past been wiped/banned of their accounts because of this exploited money?

I want this to rain on me if not.

Top Bottom